Prospect Info: With the 6th pick in the 2020 draft, the Ducks select Jamie Drysdale

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
That quote sounds like taken out of context. I doubt Eakins said it like a big discovery.

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
His first 3 steps are insane

TheGoodShepard1

Dongle Digits. Fire Newell Brown
Nov 26, 2017

I like to clown on him, but Stephens is pretty neutral and not one to make bombastic declarations (although it's not exactly a hot take), so I take notice when he comes out with a tweet like this.

Helps that I and most everyone here agree with it. He's going to have a Doughtyesque impact on this franchise in a couple years.

Mr Rogers

Jul 11, 2010
Calgary
My only wish is for him to carry the puck across the blueline more often instead of looking for the pass and take an overall more aggressive stance offensively. He absolutely has the skills and speed to carry it and probably dangle through guys standing at the blue line. I think he will get there, but he's just very responsible defensively, which is great in its own right.

Reactions: AngelDuck

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
I know the phrase his floor is Cam Fowler got criticized a lot but I still think that’s his absolute floor. Best case you’ve got Makar. Worst case you’ve got a real good 2-3 guy similar to Cam.

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
I think his most accurate comparison, in terms of play style, is Duncan Keith. And I see that as probably his ceiling. A guy that is good at everything and can log massive minutes and put up 50+ points

I don’t really see him becoming the Makar like offensive dynamo that is over a point per game

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
I think his most accurate comparison, in terms of play style, is Duncan Keith. And I see that as probably his ceiling. A guy that is good at everything and can log massive minutes and put up 50+ points

I don’t really see him becoming the Makar like offensive dynamo that is over a point per game

Yeah I don’t think he has the shooting ability and is quite as quick on his feet as Makar. That’s why I pegged Makar as his absolute ceiling. But yeah Keith is a good comparison. Hopefully he ends up being as chippy, Keith can be nasty when he wants to be which is a great trait to have as a dman.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012

Agreed he doesn’t really remind me of makar at all.

somewhere between Fowler floor and Keith ceiling.

cheesymc

Feb 28, 2002
Irvine
Visit site

I didn't think he looked like Keith at first, but now I definitely see it. For a small player he battles very hard and is so good making defensive reads similarly to Keith. He might not be flashy but he's very effective offensively like Keith was in his Norris caliber years.

He's going to be a stud... I just hope he doesn't become jaded playing on such a horrible team (i.e. like a Eichel). There was a moment in our awkward intermission interview (we've got to have the worst interviews in the league) where I read his face... "damn I'm on a crappy team, a bad organization... and our games are meaningless and there is no short term hope for a turnaround."

bsu

Sep 27, 2017
If he would carry the puck a little more I still like Miro comparison.

Aug 11, 2011
Am Yisrael Chai
I didn't think he looked like Keith at first, but now I definitely see it. For a small player he battles very hard and is so good making defensive reads similarly to Keith. He might not be flashy but he's very effective offensively like Keith was in his Norris caliber years.

He's going to be a stud... I just hope he doesn't become jaded playing on such a horrible team (i.e. like a Eichel). There was a moment in our awkward intermission interview (we've got to have the worst interviews in the league) where I read his face... "damn I'm on a crappy team, a bad organization... and our games are meaningless and there is no short term hope for a turnaround."
You might be projecting a bit.

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario

That face just as easily could have been saying "damn I hate being interviewed during games/in general."

Mr Rogers

Jul 11, 2010
Calgary

I’m hardly optimistic about coaching and management right now but that didn’t go through my mind at all. I think it looks like he’s having a good time. Most guys his age aren’t in the NHL at all

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
He’s not already better than Fowler. Maybe to the eye test alone but if you gave him Fowlers regular deployment with his regular partners things would look a lot different.

Fowler gets so much hate. Dude is a very solid 2nd paring guy who is still chipping in some offense on a very bad Ducks offensive team.

bsu

Sep 27, 2017
I don't think Drysdale is better than Fowler right now, and I am probably the biggest Drysdale fan and lowest on Fowler. Drysdale is impressive as anyone I have ever seen in a Ducks uniform as a 19U player but he is not better than Fowler overall yet. He is better at some things though.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
His skating is great, he has been keeping a lot of 50/50 pucks in the zone, and been active on the PP to walk the line and distribute the puck to others.

In the summer he needs to get a bit more stronger and keep adding to his strengths. Somehow feels like he has been with our organization for a couple of years already by how well he is playing. In reality he turned 19 less than a month ago.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Lol, he's eligible for the next WJC as well, I forgot it but just realized.

Good chance he doesn't play in it

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad