Prospect Info: With the 6th pick in the 2020 draft, the Ducks select Jamie Drysdale

LastWordArmy

Sep 11, 2011
Canada
The fourth overall pick in the 2018 OHL Priority Selection Draft, Jamie Drysdale had a strong rookie season and was named to the OHL All-Rookie Team. He put up seven goals and 33 assists for 40 points in 63 games. Drysdale also played for Canada at the IIHF Under-18 World Championship. He put up two points in seven tournament games. He followed that up with five points in five games at Hlinka-Gretzky Cup, winning a silver medal. A natural leader, Drysdale was named captain for the Hlinka-Gretzky team.

This season, Drysdale has taken his game to another level. He scored nine goals and 38 assists for 47 points in 49 games for the Erie Otters. He also serves as an alternate captain for the team. Drysdale also played for Team Canada at the World Junior Championships, putting up one goal and two assists for three points in seven games. He also brought home a gold medal from the tournament.

Jamie Drysdale Scouting Report: 2020 NHL Draft #4

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
Solid pick. No one can really be mad about this. He's been the top ranked D all year and has the highest upside by far of any defenseman in the draft.

I could not give less of a shit that next years top 10 is stacked with defenseman. Get another one next June if that's the case.
We need a lot of scoring help back there and this starts to address it

DigiDuck

More covfefe please.
Jan 11, 2019
Burbank
Happy with it. Hopefully his offensive game translates. Love that he can work with Scotty Nieds!

EON

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 31, 2013
Raleigh, NC
This is a slam dunk at #6 Ducks fans. This guy is easily the best dman to ever come through Erie. I could see him needing one more year in juniors to improve his shot, strength, and decision making (although I'm selfishly hoping he plays in Erie one more year!), but I'll be shocked if he doesn't end up as at least a good 2nd pairing dman. I think his potential is somewhere near Drew Doughty, a top pairing RD who can log big minutes in all situations.

PuckProspects

Jul 23, 2018
Good pick had him number 5 on my personal list. Such a great skater and ducks need a right handed D. Wanted Rossi but Drysdale is close.

Reactions: SmokeyDuck

duxfan1101

Sep 20, 2014
California
Looks like the OHL won't start training camps until mid-November, so he still won't be playing for awhile. He is also a lock for Canada's WJC team.

Reactions: SmokeyDuck

TheGoodShepard1

Dongle Digits. Fire Newell Brown
Nov 26, 2017
Delighted. If we screw this one up, I will acknowledge that this team has no idea how to develop pure offensive Dmen.

cheesymc

Feb 28, 2002
Irvine
Visit site
As expected we leaned with our scouting strength and characteristically went with a 2 way Dman. I’m curious if we had Sanderson rated higher. I feel that the Ducks probably were seriously thinking about Raymond before he got snagged.

12ozPapa

Make space for The Papa
Feb 13, 2012
Would have preferred a forward. Feel like that’s where we really need help.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad