Prospect Info: With the 6th pick in the 2020 draft, the Ducks select Jamie Drysdale

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
The way he walks the line and transitions from backwards to forwards so flawlessly is incredible. He reminds of Makar in that sense, he’s not quite as fast or as aggressive with it but he’s just as smooth on his edges.
Reminds me more of miro then cale

Rasp

Apr 9, 2019
We struck gold with this pick! There are going to be some teams above us that will regret not taking him.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
He ran around a lot in that goal shift :D But be jhust nerves, I think he will be more efficient with his skating, but man he can skate. 18 year old defensemen rarely do what he did. They giuys is something special.
Teams will learn to adapt to him and he will see lots of pressure probably, but did I mention he is 18 years old.

Also, he's 18 years old.

bracer028

Apr 18, 2018
Man this kid can skate, hit, score goals. The only thing left is having him fight some troll like corey perry.

After that lets put a "C" on his shirt.

Henrique Iglesias

Jun 15, 2009
Alberta, Canada
Please tell me people are done with the Fowler comparison. That’s his absolute floor. Like everything would have to go wrong

He’s just a higher level skater and makes better decisions. You could see it clear as day in every AHL game and yesterday also confirmed it
I’ll admit I was one to compare him to Fowler. A lot of that had to do with his performance at the world juniors. Byram was so aggressive offensively that Drysdale was playing a very conservative game.

The confidence he showed last night was exceptional. If he can keep this up he is certainly a mainstay NHLer.

And speaking of world juniors, he’s still eligible to play next year. That’s insane.

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
Here is a shift showcasing his defense

This was the shift I was talking about during the GDT last night that was impressive. He showed off so many skills on that one shift that doesn't get recorded onto the books that matter so much. I really liked he had psychic connection with Miller that Miller wanted to knock the puck down so Drysdale went to check the opposing forward's body than go after the puck. His skill is very underrated because it isn't flashy often. Even when he does score, he isn't flashy. When he scored the OT winner with San Diego it was as if it were just another goal.

Remember when Hazy razed our defensemen in the 8-4 loss and how we need our defensemen to be on the inside of players? Welp, Hazy identifies that's what Drysdale did to a much bigger opponent in front of the net.

Oct 18, 2011
Please tell me people are done with the Fowler comparison. That’s his absolute floor. Like everything would have to go wrong

He’s just a higher level skater and makes better decisions. You could see it clear as day in every AHL game and yesterday also confirmed it
From the WJC to now I have tried to not overreact but at some point you have to trust your eyes, what I dont want is our coaches or management f***ing with him trying to turn him into a safe player. He will figure it out on his own, he needs to be given a 100% green light to play his game and trust his instincts.

I know we have all been hesitant to fast track him but I guess how he plays will dictate that but it's hard to not get excited and it gives us a reason to care about these games

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad