Wishlist

Teamplaya

Aug 9, 2013
Pasadena, CA
Get KHL and ECHL Licensing, historical teams, and more uniform options from past years. I'd also like an updated team builder with stats more like NHL 11 since those were actually balanced in my opinion.

Ukgoalie

Aug 25, 2013
A difficulty setting between pro and omg I've just had my ass handed to me by an ahl team

belkemi1

Jan 11, 2009
A "Consistensty" attribute to players.

Most to lower normally inconstistent players effect on the game, players who often suffers from scoring-slumps and who can put all from 20 points to 70 points in a season.

Plekanov

Jan 30, 2007
More actual player faces. A lot of well known players still have generic ones.

Real Goal songs, home annoncers.

Add the Coaches with their faces.

A coach carreer mode!

Unique trademark moves for some star players.

Unique goal celebrations for star players.

rmartin65

Apr 7, 2011
An option to not have real-players in the first couple drafts in GM mode. After a couple franchises, it gets pretty boring.

Player names actually correspond with nationality.

Be a GM longer than 25 years

More in depth scouting

Hiring/firing coaches

I should add that I have not bought a game since NHL 2011. My apologies if this stuff has been corrected.

SlapshotTheMovie

Jan 18, 2013
who the **** cares about player faces?

**** game play... make it look pretty!!!

Great idea.

Last edited by a moderator:

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
More actual player faces. A lot of well known players still have generic ones.

Real Goal songs, home annoncers.

Add the Coaches with their faces.

A coach carreer mode!

Unique trademark moves for some star players.

Unique goal celebrations for star players.

That's actually sort of in the game already. The only two that I know for certain are Jagr(he does the salute if you score an OT winner with him, or at least he did in 13. I assume it's still in), and Yakupov does the "I score goal, come hug" thing behind the net that I've seen in '14. I'm not sure how to trigger Yakupov's, but it's definitely there. I can't find a video on it, but I swear I've seen it. It might only happen if he bats the puck out of mid-air and scores like he did in real life.

SPV

Zoinks!
Sponsor
Feb 4, 2003
New Hampshire
hfboards.com
A roster editor and/or teambuilder function.

Much better scouting/drafting/development engine

Relocation or arena creation options.

I expect a lot of work to go into 15, with the next gen technology, I want more than a graphic overhaul and roster update.

Ducks Ahoy

Effort = overrated
Jun 9, 2013
Orange County
Create a team needs to be overhauled. Why can't they fix it? Add NHL jersey templates, custom logos, build your own arena, CHOOSE THE NAME OF YOUR ******* TEAM. It's called "create" for a reason. Not "here's 50 generic team names that you have to pick from-team".

Punxrocknyc19*

how about getting announcers for all 30 teams and the home team gets the announcers for the home team... so if Sharks play the Rangers at MSG, they would have Sam and Joe and if Penguins played the Devils in Jersey they would get Chico and Steve Canogelosi..

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
how about getting announcers for all 30 teams and the home team gets the announcers for the home team... so if Sharks play the Rangers at MSG, they would have Sam and Joe and if Penguins played the Devils in Jersey they would get Chico and Steve Canogelosi..

I'd be very surprised if this ever happened. Yes, it would be awesome, but there are just waaaaaayyyy too many hoops to jump through, and way too many people to pay for EA to consider this.

Mustard

Jan 26, 2011
Nashville
This may sound sadistic, but I would love to be able to completely annihilate someone with a dirty open ice check. I love the new fighting system (responding to big checks, etc) but if I'm playing with a buddy or something, it'd be fun to have a button to hold down while using the hit stick to jump into the skater or throw a flying elbow, or jump into a check from behind, etc. It'd result in an automatic ejection/suspension in a Be a GM league, and it doesn't have to be a feature online. Just a thought.

Ukgoalie

Aug 25, 2013
How about hybrid icing. Let's use the actual rules. After all it's been in the ahl for a year and we all knew it was coming

kmdoom

Sep 19, 2013
alexandria va
who the **** cares about player faces?

**** game play... make it look pretty!!!

Great idea.

Having authentic likenesses are a basic concept to all sports video games. Scoring a goal with your favorite player is not the same when that guy doesn't resemble himself at all.

That's actually sort of in the game already. The only two that I know for certain are Jagr(he does the salute if you score an OT winner with him, or at least he did in 13. I assume it's still in), and Yakupov does the "I score goal, come hug" thing behind the net that I've seen in '14. I'm not sure how to trigger Yakupov's, but it's definitely there. I can't find a video on it, but I swear I've seen it. It might only happen if he bats the puck out of mid-air and scores like he did in real life.

Maybe you saw Yakupov's signature celly after an OT game winner? That's the only time I've ever seen Jagr's. But you forgot Ovechkin, he's got his in the game too. I'll try to record all 3 of them

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
Having authentic likenesses are a basic concept to all sports video games. Scoring a goal with your favorite player is not the same when that guy doesn't resemble himself at all.

Maybe you saw Yakupov's signature celly after an OT game winner? That's the only time I've ever seen Jagr's. But you forgot Ovechkin, he's got his in the game too. I'll try to record all 3 of them

I'm not positive, but I don't believe Yak's was in OT. It was like a wrap-around or a batted in puck. I've only seen it once. I didn't know about Ovi's. I've never seen that one. What celly does he do?

HockeySauce

Jan 26, 2011
Player Classification

-Add secondary player attributes, so players can have 1-2 classes
Player gets a Primary, and secondary class
Examples are endless, but here's a few using NHL13 player ratings
Toews-92,Elite Centre,TWF/PLY
P.Kane-89,Elite RW,PLY/SNP
Nash-89,Elite RW,SNP/PWF
Gaborik-90,Elite RW,SNP
-Now the secondary class provides a growth boost to that player
-Players receive a rating cap based on their potential, and class(es)
ie a 2nd line SNP get above average offensive stats, and elite shooting potential, but only average defensive stat growths...however if that SNP has a TWF/GRN as a secondary class the defensive stat growths become above average caps, but that doesn't grantee that player will reach that level...they just can't surpass it

I've wanted this for years now. It makes so much sense.

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand
How about when the opposing team dumps the puck in your end, have the D actually skate up to the puck instead of a few feet beside it. They are constantly being beaten to the puck by the forecheckers.

habsducks

Sep 30, 2013
New fighting system sucks really bad. I mean that after big hits oppenent player jump fight with u. I play gm mode on Ducks and Getzlaf have 90 penalty minutes after 14 games. He its big guy so he give big hits and i am tired to have those fights all to time.

I dont think that on real life Souray would just watch when opposing player jumps to fight whit their Star player and captain. Good idea but its happening way too often. I dont want fights "normal" fights betfeen goons anymore because tired to have fight those forced fights.

Other thing its atmosphere on games. How its so hard to create yelling crow. Or booing. Mostly games crow its just quiet.

DekiSystem

Still Playing NHL 2001
May 23, 2012
New fighting system sucks really bad. I mean that after big hits oppenent player jump fight with u. I play gm mode on Ducks and Getzlaf have 90 penalty minutes after 14 games. He its big guy so he give big hits and i am tired to have those fights all to time.

I dont think that on real life Souray would just watch when opposing player jumps to fight whit their Star player and captain. Good idea but its happening way too often. I dont want fights "normal" fights betfeen goons anymore because tired to have fight those forced fights.

Other thing its atmosphere on games. How its so hard to create yelling crow. Or booing. Mostly games crow its just quiet.
Because a crowd booing (other than for a home player injury or an away team goal) would promote a negative atmosphere on the sport, but this is just my guess. Think about why you never see an empty seat in arenas such as the BB&T Center, the St. Pete's Times Forum, or in Jobing.com Arena. Even if your team is doing poorly in Be-A-GM, the seats are still filled. Even if those fans do eerily look a lot alike.
A "Consistensty" attribute to players.

Most to lower normally inconstistent players effect on the game, players who often suffers from scoring-slumps and who can put all from 20 points to 70 points in a season.
The goalies (but not skaters) actually do have this attribute, go in to "Create-A-Player", select goalie, and scroll over to the stats. The value is either a 0,1,or 2 last time I checked, which was in NHL 12.

SlapshotTheMovie

Jan 18, 2013

Honestly this mind set is what is wrong with video games 10000000%

The most celebrated hockey video game of all time is nhl94. Every player is the same square head and two black dots for eyes. HOW COULD THIS GAME EVER BE FUN IF I CANT LOOK AT A VIDEO GAME FACE AND KNOW WHO IT IS? Because it had great game play. Game play will always be more important then graphics. At least to real gamers...

kmdoom

Sep 19, 2013
alexandria va
I'm not positive, but I don't believe Yak's was in OT. It was like a wrap-around or a batted in puck. I've only seen it once. I didn't know about Ovi's. I've never seen that one. What celly does he do?

I was planning on filming it in response to you, but the celebration is queued through a cutscene and I don't have any screen capture software. Anyways, Ovie's is just a close up of him kissing the sky like he does after one timers. Kind of cool, and I wish there could be more stuff like it, but we are fans of a sport that does not appreciate that sort of thing. ;)

Honestly this mind set is what is wrong with video games 10000000%

The most celebrated hockey video game of all time is nhl94. Every player is the same square head and two black dots for eyes. HOW COULD THIS GAME EVER BE FUN IF I CANT LOOK AT A VIDEO GAME FACE AND KNOW WHO IT IS? Because it had great game play. Game play will always be more important then graphics. At least to real gamers...

You realize these types of comments help no one in the long run, right? First of all, this is a Wishlist thread. Why put down someone else's requests when all they would do is benefit the game? And sure, it's fun to leave snide remarks and criticize someone on how they enjoy playing, but if everyone thought like you, EA's hockey would have no substance or life to it at all. If you ask me, a true gamer is able to appreciate everything that goes into the production of the title, not just one part of it. There's a reason we've got more than one team of developers working on the several facets of the game- there's more to a great series than raw gameplay.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad