Wishlist

EON

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 31, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Not sure if it's been said yet, but I would really love to see Be A GM Mode expanded to the CHL. When I play FIFA Manager Mode, I like to start in a crappy league and build that team up before taking a better job, just feels more realistic to start from the bottom and work your way up. So if they did this in NHL, you could start out as the GM of say, the Erie Otters. Have the OHL draft every year in April, then the CHL import draft in early July. Have to abide by the 2 import rule, and only 3 overager rule. Would also be cool to work with the added factor that you may lose your players to the NHL/AHL. I think this would be a lot of fun and if you did a good job in the CHL you could get hired up in the AHL or NHL. Would just make it a more authentic GM experience.

actionhank1786

Nov 6, 2011
Dude relax. I don't think its too much to ask for a player to have the right hair color. Welcome to 2013. Its not that hard to make accurate looking players. It gives the game much more of an authentic feel.

When I played NHL 2001 I didn't really care about what the players looked like, but its 2013 now. We could probably get some more accurate faces. I agree I would much rather have the stupid AI and the board play and the horrible tie-ups and the glitch goals fixed, but I don't think a visual overhaul is too much to ask for. Its not "ruining the games" like you say haha.

Relax... Or go to a website that has "real gamers" haha. Maybe a website devoted to the real NHL isn't a good place to vent about how you can't stand people that want Jonathan Quick to NOT have blonde hair anymore (he might not now, but he did before).

To piggy back on this comment, it's not too much for us to ask to fix it ourselves.
I understand mistakes happen, there are a ton of hockey players to add...but, good lord. If they don't get it right, they could at least give us a chance to fix it ourselves.
Players editing is about 6 years behind most other games.
In MLB The show i can edit things all the way down to the shape and width of the bridge of my nose...in NHL14, i can't do anything besides pick from a group of generic head shapes.
The player editing is sadly lacking, and it shows, because 3/4 of the players in game all look the same.
There's so little to differentiate anyone from the other players, and it would go a long was in improving the looks of the game to have this be an option.

actionhank1786

Nov 6, 2011
Hybrid icing has been in the game since 2010.

Pretty sure you only get no-touch, and standard. I don't think Hybrid is in.

That would be extremely cool, but EA can't even get player numbers or handedness correct, so I doubt they would invest the time/effort/money into studying each player's skating style. They could maybe add that as a feature for BeAPro and EASHL, though. Add a little more variety. Doubt it, though.

I would love if they would do it like how MLB The Show has various batting stances and pitching deliveries. Ugh, so much that could be done for this game to make it so much more immersive .
I'm really holding out hope for the NHL15 on the Next-Gen consoles, but i'm definitely not holding my breath.

blueliner18

Oct 18, 2013
NE Ice rinks
AI and Presentation

Everything overhauled, new graphics, new AI, and new presentation. Every player sould look like there real life counterpart. You can make out the Crosby's, Ovechkin's, and Malkins, but beyond that everybody looks like Mr. Potatohead. AI all over the ice needs scraped and reworked. Hard as hell playing defense on a forward skating out of the corner, they often walk thru checks easily (like every forward possess Mario like qualities). Even when you separate them from the puck, they either get it right back or it goes right to a team mates stick. Puck physics have never been right. All rebounds off of CPU shots tend to end up in the high slot right on a players tape. Presentation how about new commentary... Thorne and Clement haven't called a game since 2004, stale. Can we please have a mixture, and not just one commentary duo for every game, every season?? Why not have NHL Network presentation, HNIC, or NBCSN...pregame, postgame, and intermissions. I expect A LOT in the jump to next gen systems. I want WOW... not the same ol' tweaks with some better visuals.

blueliner18

Oct 18, 2013
NE Ice rinks
Everything overhauled, new graphics, new AI, and new presentation. Every player sould look like there real life counterpart. You can make out the Crosby's, Ovechkin's, and Malkins, but beyond that everybody looks like Mr. Potatohead. AI all over the ice needs scraped and reworked. Hard as hell playing defense on a forward skating out of the corner, they often walk thru checks easily (like every forward possess Mario like qualities). Even when you separate them from the puck, they either get it right back or it goes right to a team mates stick. Puck physics have never been right. All rebounds off of CPU shots tend to end up in the high slot right on a players tape. Presentation how about new commentary... Thorne and Clement haven't called a game since 2004, stale. Can we please have a mixture, and not just one commentary duo for every game, every season?? Why not have NHL Network presentation, HNIC, or NBCSN...pregame, postgame, and intermissions. I expect A LOT in the jump to next gen systems. I want WOW... not the same ol' tweaks with some better visuals.

Plus they need to make core play spotless, before adding mode after mode after mode... None of it works if fundamental gameplay isn't poished.

DudMan28

Jan 30, 2013
Certain attributes should cost more depending on player size. Its ridiculous that guys in EASHL can be 6'8 and still be the fastest, most agile players on the ice. Its equivalent to playing Lebron James x5 in the NBA.

Martyros

Allow me to retort
Aug 13, 2005
Holly Hood
Certain attributes should cost more depending on player size. Its ridiculous that guys in EASHL can be 6'8 and still be the fastest, most agile players on the ice. Its equivalent to playing Lebron James x5 in the NBA.

This. Strength and balance should be easier to come by as well. I play with a big body, usually like to park in front of the net for garbage goals/screens/tips yet when i get the puck, i barely get bumped by a 5'9 guy and takes 3 whole seconds to recover after losing the puck and my footing.

Elvs

Jul 3, 2006
Sweden
Fix the International teams. The rosters are from the 2010 Olympics, and until NHL 2019 I guess they'll use the 2014 Olympic rosters. I don't know how FIFA works now, but I remember playing FIFA 2005 or 2006 (or there around) where they had a great system for this. Taking team Sweden for instance, you could make roster moves and a list of every player of Swedish nationality that's in the game would appear, and you could pick any one of them to play for the team.

In EA's NHL, you have to move players from their NHL teams or create custom teams and move those player copies to the national teams. Would be great if it was like in FIFA. Wish they would have the real jerseys too.

kmdoom

Sep 19, 2013
alexandria va
Fix the International teams. The rosters are from the 2010 Olympics, and until NHL 2019 I guess they'll use the 2014 Olympic rosters. I don't know how FIFA works now, but I remember playing FIFA 2005 or 2006 (or there around) where they had a great system for this. Taking team Sweden for instance, you could make roster moves and a list of every player of Swedish nationality that's in the game would appear, and you could pick any one of them to play for the team.

In EA's NHL, you have to move players from their NHL teams or create custom teams and move those player copies to the national teams. Would be great if it was like in FIFA. Wish they would have the real jerseys too.

That system would be nice to have.

I think the only reason there aren't any real international tournaments or jerseys is because negotiating with the IIHF is tough. Too much money for CCM/Reebok, Easton, etc., although EA might be able to work something out if the NHL would allow them to call the series "EA Sports IIHF 15" or something like that...

Pajicz

Mar 22, 2011

Yeah, proper national teams and jerseys. Tired of decent teams like Belarus, Denmark and Latvia being filled with made-up players instead of real ones.

But, my biggest wish would be...

KHL_logo_2012.png

kmdoom

Sep 19, 2013
alexandria va
Yeah, proper national teams and jerseys. Tired of decent teams like Belarus, Denmark and Latvia being filled with made-up players instead of real ones.

KHL_logo_2012.png

Probably only going to happen if the NHL allows the name of the game to change to something like "IIHF Hockey" or KHL/NHL 15...

nabbyfan

Oct 4, 2007
Santa Clarita, CA
I want to know what arena I am playing in there when the game starts. Besides the logo at center ice. Like in Madden, it does the shot outside of the stadium and then a few of inside and around the stadium. I think NHL needs to implement that. Makes the pre game better

They did this in freaking NHL2000 and they can't do it now. :laugh:
I remember loading up games and it would show you a cool picture of the shark tank, even if you played a game with team Kazakhstan they would show a picture from like downtown Almaty. Now, every team has the same arena for the most part and half of them don't have the correct names. Laziness/cheapness issue.

Bullwine85

Jan 3, 2013
Neenah, WI
Another thing I'd like to see happen is EA making an updated version of NHL Hitz. They've already made updated versions of NBA Jam and NFL Blitz, I'd imagine remaking NHL Hitz with updated graphics/rosters would be a nice touch as well. NHL 94 anniversary mode is the closest thing we have to it, but it just isn't the same :/

trckrdr

Jan 31, 2013
Another thing I'd like to see happen is EA making an updated version of NHL Hitz. They've already made updated versions of NBA Jam and NFL Blitz, I'd imagine remaking NHL Hitz with updated graphics/rosters would be a nice touch as well. NHL 94 anniversary mode is the closest thing we have to it, but it just isn't the same :/

Personally, I'm more of a Blades of Steel man. But I would love to see a new Hitz as well. Especially considering the great job EA did on NBA Jam.

King Karlsson

Gersei Chongar
Sep 30, 2011

KHL_logo_2012.png

Do people honestly not understand? KHL does not want to be associated with their rival league, will never be in an EA NHL Game.

Pajicz

Mar 22, 2011
Do people honestly not understand? KHL does not want to be associated with their rival league, will never be in an EA NHL Game.

I don't think anyone's saying it's realistic. Just that it would be nice to have.

Indeed. I didn't say it will happen. But it should, it would be a great addition. Think about all the players we are missing from the game because KHL isn't in...

And... I don't think KHL is as much against being in a NHL game as they may have been 5-6 years ago when they started. There's not as much unnecessary bragging and made-up competition now when they're estabilished themselves as the 2nd best league in the world, as there was when KHL begun.

CanadianHockey

Smith - Alfie
Jul 3, 2009
Petawawa
twitter.com
Get rid of the following 2 glitches:

In the resigning window (just after the draft), if you release a ufa sometimes another player is released eg I released a random depth rw, next thing I know eberle is a ufa !!!

Second glitch
If you resign some good prospects in the free agency window. When their stats increase, they do not increase in trade value............unless you now save the game and reload it then values aren't bad

Great way to trade Peckham for something usefu
l

I've definitely exploited this glitch. Traded a 2nd round pick in a weak draft year for 85 overall Chris Summers from Phoenix, with 4 1/2 yellow stars' worth of potential.

Benjamin

Differently Financed
Jun 14, 2010
yes
3rd-7th round picks can draft NHLers.

Potential can go up and down at any age.

Performance having some weight in contracts.

3 PK units.

Scouting overhaul.

Draft more 75+ overall players.

The difference between star players and average players needs to be more dramatic. This would also help player development.

Hire coaches that do lines and team strategy. Make it purely GM.

Winger14

Sep 17, 2013
Three buttons need to be added.

1) A "Let it go/Mario Lemeiux" button - I'm sick and tired of trying to throw a long pass from a D to a winger and having my other D go "I'VE GOT IT" and end up just deflecting it or stopping it dead. They have that button in FIFA, I think, and it could even just be a quick tap of L1 or something to say "Leave it, this pass is for the guy behind you."

2) Not a specific button, but icon passing/selecting people. I'm also very tired of trying in vain to switch to a specific player in the defensive zone or thinking I'm going to switch to Player A but instead I get Player B and end up skating in the wrong direction. This is in effectively every sports game ever, why not NHL?

3) A "Face the puckhandler" button for defense. This would work similar to strafing in any other sport, but it would stop guys from repeatedly skating back and forth in the short corner and waiting for you to commit in any direction. And hell, it would help with defense in general and again is in 90% of sports games.

ToppsSmith

Oct 6, 2013
In the "Live the life mode" I wish I could start in a European league, not just the CHL. Also in this mode, the ability to hold out on a contract, or decide to play a year in Finland or German. I just think it would add something to the game for those European NHL players.

Benjamin

Differently Financed
Jun 14, 2010
yes
3) A "Face the puckhandler" button for defense. This would work similar to strafing in any other sport, but it would stop guys from repeatedly skating back and forth in the short corner and waiting for you to commit in any direction. And hell, it would help with defense in general and again is in 90% of sports games.

Left trigger.

SlapshotTheMovie

Jan 18, 2013
This draft stuff is killing me. You will NEVER get a decent player out side the 3rd round. I got a 2.5 Green star Grinder that actually got up to 84 over all in the 3rd round once. So many TOP stars are late round darft picks. I am not saying their needs to be a ton but like 1-2 each year that take a few years to develop would be good.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad