Wishlist

EmeraldBear

Sep 8, 2013
Seattle WA
Getting rid of contracts in HUT. It's not a big issue (there are much bigger problems, but those have already been talked about), but it would be nice to not have to drop 250 or so pucks just to be able to use a player you purchased. Never understood the point of them, or what they add to the HUT experience.

The Iron Goalie

Formally 'OEL for Norris'
Feb 8, 2012
Langley, BC
Make the game more dynamic by adding skating styles: Generic, Upright and Crouched

Omg finally someone sees it my way

Upright-Sedin twins
Crouched-Morgan Rielly
Generic-David Backes

They could make it a cosmetic, and a strategic change like generic have no boosts, crouched get acceleration boost, and upright more balance/agility? Would be cool though

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Sponsor
Mar 22, 2012
Omg finally someone sees it my way

Upright-Sedin twins
Crouched-Morgan Rielly
Generic-David Backes

They could make it a cosmetic, and a strategic change like generic have no boosts, crouched get acceleration boost, and upright more balance/agility? Would be cool though

That would be extremely cool, but EA can't even get player numbers or handedness correct, so I doubt they would invest the time/effort/money into studying each player's skating style. They could maybe add that as a feature for BeAPro and EASHL, though. Add a little more variety. Doubt it, though.

The Iron Goalie

Formally 'OEL for Norris'
Feb 8, 2012
Langley, BC
Alright so I am gunna suggest some changes for general/BeaGM

Presentation

-Expand on the improved "twitter like" news feed ie not just random hockey insider get Bob Mackenzie etc
-Have an option to lock twitter feed, leading scores, conference standings etc
-Athentic arenas
-Two refs, two linesmen
-Improved crowd(Models, cheers, etc)

Gameplay

-Move from animation based tech to full physics based tech, and don't be afraid of stick on stick, stick on player collisons etc this will give a more true to life hockey experience.(of coarse leave an option to play without)
-Spend much more time on refining goalie physics(no goalies going through posts, nets etc)
-Improve puck physics(bounces, deflections, etc)
-Continue to improve on the true performance skating
Add skating types can be basic like Upright, Generic, and Crouched
Give boosts based on player stance
-Refine the hitting Physics this year was better, but you can always improve
-Fighting is fine just tone it down ea. most of the things that cause fights ie big hits, only cause fights when tough guys\grinders deliver the hit so if toews hit someone a fight shouldn't break-out(there are too many fights imo)
-Improve player celebrations ie team-mates celebrate with you in-engine before the lame fist bumping cinematic
-Improved A.I(Defense, Offense, dump and case enough of the stupid passing backwards ten times in a row)
-Improved penalties
-Improved tactics(Make dump and case viable, etc)

Trading

-Improve the value system
Red potential players shouldn't be worthless
No elite/1st/top2/#1's for scrapes
-Improved Pro scouting, and interactions
Good pro scout are more accurate and will tex.call you offtent
poor pro scouts will miss inform, and miss opportunities

Potential

-Move from stars to actual projections
Generational(5 star)
Star/Elite/elite #1(4.5 star)
1st line/top 2/#1(4 star)
2nd line/top 4/average #1(3.5)
3rd line/top6/back-up(3 star)
4th line/Depth D(2.5star)
-Chance potential accuracy
Green=75% chance of reaching potential
Yellow=50%
Red=25%
Example of a players potential
Nathan.Mackinnon-Elite Centre
Nicklas.Jensen-2nd line winger
Anthony.Mantha-1st line winger
-If a player does not reach his potential he will get a projection penalty base on potential accuracy
Green-Player drops 1 level ie 1st>2nd, or top2>top4
Yellow-player drops 2 levels ie 1st>3rd
Red- player drops 3 levels ie 1st>4th
-Additionally there is a bust %
Green=15%
Yellow=35%
Red=50%
Note this is for complete busts is no AHL/NHL depending on projected talent level ie a projected 3rd/4th liner doesn't make the NHL is not a huge deal, but a 2nd line or higher projection who doesn't make is bust...bust don't play in the AHL/NHL

Player Classification

-Add secondary player attributes, so players can have 1-2 classes
Player gets a Primary, and secondary class
Examples are endless, but here's a few using NHL13 player ratings
Toews-92,Elite Centre,TWF/PLY
P.Kane-89,Elite RW,PLY/SNP
Nash-89,Elite RW,SNP/PWF
Gaborik-90,Elite RW,SNP
-Now the secondary class provides a growth boost to that player
-Players receive a rating cap based on their potential, and class(es)
ie a 2nd line SNP get above average offensive stats, and elite shooting potential, but only average defensive stat growths...however if that SNP has a TWF/GRN as a secondary class the defensive stat growths become above average caps, but that doesn't grantee that player will reach that level...they just can't surpass it

Player Ratings

-More realistic player ratings

Generational-96 overall+
Star/Elite-89-95 overall+/#1 D-90-95
1st liner-85-88/#2 D(Top 2)-86-89
2nd liner-81-84/Top 4 D-82-85
3rd liner-76-80/Top 6 D-78+
4th liner-70-75(All offense only classes are considered Top AHLer's/Depth Forwards

Goalies
Generational-96+
Elite starter-87+
Average starter-83+
Below Average starter-80-82
Back-up-75-82(if a team has a elite/Generational starter below average starters become back-up's but keep the trade value of a below average starter

Feel free to add anything you can think of :)

Last edited:

Oscar Acosta

Mar 19, 2011
Getting rid of contracts in HUT. It's not a big issue (there are much bigger problems, but those have already been talked about), but it would be nice to not have to drop 250 or so pucks just to be able to use a player you purchased. Never understood the point of them, or what they add to the HUT experience.

It's so EA can slap 12 of them in a pack they charge people $7.99 for. Make one a 30 game contract, call it rare, giving people the illusion they might get a player of value. All a money grab.

Beanyman101

Mar 4, 2013
London
Bronze, Silver and Gold tourneys in HUT just like Fifa. Seasons was a step in the right direction, but allow offline seasons too.

That way people will actually use bronze and silver players and create more variety in teams than seeing everyone with Duchene/Hall speed abusers after a few weeks.

SlapshotTheMovie

Jan 18, 2013
Gm Mode:
Back Up Goalies not playing 60 games in reg season.
Top 10 draft picks not taking 6+ years to be NHL ready.
Turn off Auto fill on trading block when a new year starts.
Get credit for building a strong farm team and developing prospects.
Better scouting system.
Better negotiating with players.
Players talking with the coaches and gms of the team (for example if someone is rated to be on the 1st line but you have them on the third they can ask for a trade)
If you reach a certain gm status or time with a team you can make new/alternate jerseys.
COACHES: You pick your coaching staff. You have a budget and have to make them sign contracts. Different coaches want to work with different types of players and offer different bonus to signing them. Sign torts get a + whatever bump to shot blocking for the entire team. yadda yadda. Have to keep coaches happy with giving them the type of players they need to win. Obviously not to strict or trading will be ****ed. But the more you work with the coach the more advantage your team has.
Other teams making more realistic trades and signings. The flyers had no starting goalie for 7 years in one of my GM modes and never once made the effort to get one.

Live A Life:
More realistic line movements or trades(I am a first line forward in the NHL leading in goals and points yet I don't get any PP time. Or I am told I have no trade value when I HAVE TWO MORE YEARS ON A 500K CONTRACT AS THE LEADING SCORER IN THE NHL)
AI actually playing real hockey (i would pay double at this point if they could make my team play 75% like the opposing team)
Developing chemistry with players (for example you work well with a player so the team keeps you together)
Not having to watch replays of AI playing while waiting to sim to next shift.
AUTO SIM TO NEXT SHIFT. I should be able to turn that on and have to press triangle to cancel it instead of always having to press triangle to bring up a menu and then pressing circle to auto sim. Waste of ****ing time.
If you become a star player/captain coaches asking advice on how to handle other players.

EASHL:
Allow team to vote members off between periods or something. (had a goalie keep yelling aggressive goalie into the mic and trying to join in on the rush leaving the net open all game. Had a player who would start a fight every time he got out of the box. Had a player shooting on own goalie)

SlapshotTheMovie

Jan 18, 2013
Also definitely need to improve player trade value.

Could never make the Brass Moore Dorrset trade for Gabby happen in the video game yet its pretty common for depth ridden teams to makes moves with stars they wont be able to afford. Teams only make depth for depth or stars for stars (projected stars) trades. Its silly and super unrealistic.

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
Also definitely need to improve player trade value.
Could never make the Brass Moore Dorrset trade for Gabby happen in the video game yet its pretty common for depth ridden teams to makes moves with stars they wont be able to afford. Teams only make depth for depth or stars for stars (projected stars) trades. Its silly and super unrealistic.

Omfg. Yes. FFS how have they not done this yet. I draft Aaron Ekblad who is a 87 overall after 2.5 years, 4.5 gold star. Have him signed to a long term contract at 4 million with 6 years remaining. Some how Erik Johnson who is an 86, at 30 years old with a 7.4 million dollar contract has double Ekblads value?

How does a 1st round pick have more value then a C who is a 90?

OEL is an 87 overall. Yet a maxed out 3.5 star player who is an 83 OV has more value than OEL simply because OEL still has 4.5 red stars.

Prospects outside of 4.5 & 4 star golds have Z E R O value.

SlapshotTheMovie

Jan 18, 2013
The one thing they fixed about this game and I love is finding depth in free agency. Every year i just pick out 25-26 year old players who have 4 or more stars of any color and sign them them.

I had a 75 rated 26 year old sniper at 4 stars red. Signed him first day of Free Agency. By the start of that season he turned 27 and got his final player bump. turned into an 82 over all sniper and KILLED it on my third line FOR LESS THEN A MILLION A YEAR. Before his contract ended I traded him for a draft pick. THATS CALLED KILLING IT AS A GM. I am glad I can do that sort of thing now unlike any other year. Trading is still dog **** though.

Ukgoalie

Aug 25, 2013
I like the updated stats kicking in after the draft and during post season rather than pre draft.

jigglysquishy

Jun 20, 2011
Regina, Saskatchewan
For the love of God, can we get proper stat tracking? HHoF tracker.

Would also love if they added All-Star teams in (as in end of year ones).

Have a generic EA Sports International tournament every year that you can be selected for. Also have a generic WJ and Olympic fill in.

Scouting in this game is effectively worthless. I also hate how no 18 year olds jump in to the NHL. Or that half of draftees are overagers.

Hometown discounts.

Would love love love love if a historical mode was in the game that attempted to recreate the look and feel of 80s NHL.

We need a Be-An-Owner mode. Set prices. Choose market.

Ukgoalie

Aug 25, 2013
How about just good grammar,

My scout
"I am done that trip to the WHL........."

I am done that trip? I have done/ I am done with. Lazy mistake

Also don't like when a player improves, his trade value doesn't

Last edited:

Winger14

Sep 17, 2013
Right... You've never played NHL2k4/5/6 or 2k8. Easily by far the better product.

2k was miles better at the gameplay and arena detailing.

1) Personal opinion, reviewers disagree. Even so, NHL 2K was trending downward (I did play either 2K4 or 2K5 and it was good, 2K10 was awful compared to NHL 10)

2) EA still doesn't have any exclusive deal. 2K CHOSE to not make any more hockey games because they were getting obliterated. Kind of like EA and basketball

kmdoom

Sep 19, 2013
alexandria va
I agree with alot of what has been said here. I don't think its fair to expect a groundbreaking innovation like the skill stick or true performance skating again next year, so attention to detail would be enough to keep me happy for NHL 15.

Shooting animations- there's like 6, maybe 7 different variations of wrist shots? 2 of them are completely unrealistic and I try to avoid using them. A revamp of this would be nice, maybe something similar to Madden's Infinity Engine that bases the way a tackle looks on the situation and physics.

Presentation- This includes a new commentary team and a focus on cutscenes and replays. (Actually if it were up to me I'd move away from cutscenes and keep building on the realtime presentation they introduced in NHL 13.) Anyways, this is a licensed product of the NHL and several of its affiliates such as the NHL Network and NBC, so it would be nice to see them take advantage of that and shell out the cash for that kind of partnership, even if it was only temporary like ESPN and FIFA 13. People will always say gameplay comes first and that's where all of the game's time and money should be put towards, but when the little movie they show for winning the Stanley Cup hasn't changed for 6 years at some point you place a focus on these things.

Even Smaller Details- The 2K series did a great job of taking the 30 NHL arenas and making each one look unique and authentic, EA and their new Ignite engine would no doubt do even better. Crowd dynamics should be worked on for sure, I feel like the crowd is almost always pumped/quiet at the wrong time. Maybe for GM modes base how many fans are in the stands on how well each team is playing, I don't know. But if anyone draws anything from this post, know this: the one thing that will prevent me from buying NHL 15 is if player faces are not significantly worked on. Absolutely crazy how many players look nothing like themselves.

Peter Tosh

Dec 19, 2007
FIFA games have a function where you can pick the national teams from a bank of players from each country. This feature would make the international teams and tournaments much more interesting in NHL15. Should have been on NHL14 IMO, being a olympic season.

NYRFANMANI

Department of Rempe Safety Management
Apr 21, 2007
yo old soorbrockon
Instant slow-motion highlight replays. Like in NHL 2003! You guys remember? Hits, goals and saves. That was epic.

Better be a GM, new stuff.

Beanyman101

Mar 4, 2013
London
NHL 2002 had the "breakaway cam" that zoomed in and you had a heatbeat sound pumping away in the background as you skated in on goal and pulled off some moves. I loved NHL 2002.

Lemieux :nod:

PhillyFlying

F1eyrS
Sep 15, 2010
Philadelphia
EA needs to rework the defensive end of the game.

1) the "press y/triangle to magnetize opposition player to the wall" feature was intriguing when they added it but has literally not changed since 2010. it's still glitchy, weird, and downright unrealistic. make it more realistic by not letting it happen all the ******* time.

2) everything in front of the net sucks and is out of both players' control. when players collide in front of the net, again its more magnetizing nonsense that leads to players swinging around out of control and renders the right stick completely useless (i refer to this with my friends as being "paralyzed from the waist up"). this could be remedied by implementing my following point:

3) STICK CHECKS! jeez. every year i think EA is finally gonna add stick checks and every year i'm wrong. adding stick checks would minimize all of the stupid in-front-of-the-net madness and would actually let you check an opposing players stick if, say, he's camped out at the backdoor. this would make the game miles more realistic and would also mitigate the ridiculous...

4) ...infallible stick lifts. they're worse than ever this year. i swear these guys have wrists made of paper or something. i was playing with my buddy yesterday and he sent my stick flying into the upper level with a ****ing stick lift.

SlapshotTheMovie

Jan 18, 2013
It only effects me for like 6 games but auto shot. When I play through the first HUT tournament it is the ****ing worst. I can't turn it off. It NEVER shoots short side. Often shoots right to the goalies chest. The only way i can consistently score is to do wrap arounds. Shooting from the point is the worst with auto shot.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad