Wishlist

weklof

Jan 30, 2009
Solna, Sweden
I really wish they would improve national team play significantly:

- Get a license with IIHF so that we can have KHL players and real national team jerseys. Pretty please?

- More realistic teams (they used the teams from the 2010 Olympics for four years goddammit. Now they will likely update them to the 2014, but they will only be realistic for like 1 season. For the lower ranked countries they are also including fake players instead of real players actually in the game! For instance, I manually have to put Stephane Da Costa, Antoine Roussel and Pierre-Eduard Bellemare into team France).

- Make it simpler to edit the rosters of national teams. I shouldn't have to "trade" players to put them in the national team. Have a national team selection feature which enables you to pick a squad from all the players of that nationality.

- Fix the EA world tournaments, make them customizable. You can only have either 8 teams or 16 teams in the EA world tournaments. All teams also advance to the knock-out phase, eventhough the commentary suggest that a team has to win a certain game to advance to the playoffs. I remember one of the old FIFA games had a "Create a Tournament" mode were you could select the number of team (4, 8, 16, 32) the number of groups (1, 2, 4, 8) and the number of team advancing from each group (1,2,4). Bring me that. I would like to be able to set up a 12 team tournament with 2 groups with the top four from each group advancing to the knock-out round.

- Make it possible for one nation to be the host of a world tournament (like Olympics and World Championships) or have it rotating (like the World Cup).

- Add Slovenia they're a top country. Add Hungary as well and you have all the nations from the elite division and Divsion 1A.

Zdeno33Lucic*

I really wish they would improve national team play significantly:

- Get a license with IIHF so that we can have KHL players and real national team jerseys. Pretty please?

- More realistic teams (they used the teams from the 2010 Olympics for four years goddammit. Now they will likely update them to the 2014, but they will only be realistic for like 1 season. For the lower ranked countries they are also including fake players instead of real players actually in the game! For instance, I manually have to put Stephane Da Costa, Antoine Roussel and Pierre-Eduard Bellemare into team France).

- Make it simpler to edit the rosters of national teams. I shouldn't have to "trade" players to put them in the national team. Have a national team selection feature which enables you to pick a squad from all the players of that nationality.

- Fix the EA world tournaments, make them customizable. You can only have either 8 teams or 16 teams in the EA world tournaments. All teams also advance to the knock-out phase, eventhough the commentary suggest that a team has to win a certain game to advance to the playoffs. I remember one of the old FIFA games had a "Create a Tournament" mode were you could select the number of team (4, 8, 16, 32) the number of groups (1, 2, 4, 8) and the number of team advancing from each group (1,2,4). Bring me that. I would like to be able to set up a 12 team tournament with 2 groups with the top four from each group advancing to the knock-out round.

- Make it possible for one nation to be the host of a world tournament (like Olympics and World Championships) or have it rotating (like the World Cup).

- Add Slovenia they're a top country. Add Hungary as well and you have all the nations from the elite division and Divsion 1A.

I think your the only one that cares about all this

zeropotentate

Dec 4, 2012
Ontario
I kind of agree with Weklof on the international stuff, especially the adding more teams like D1A, and changing the jerseys.

But I suppose people like us are in the minority. I would absolutely love to see a Be a Gm but for CHL teams. I might enjoy it so much that I might ignore the NHL teams :(

Or tweak the season mode to play more than 1 year, similar to Be a GM.

and or, update the create a team aspect of it. The greyed logos are kind of poopy, and I think it would benefit from a more specific creation process, for instance, being able to create your own city location instead of a default list, and perhaps giving Jersey templates similar to, or the same as NHL teams. Perhaps even pre-edge jersey templates (probably will never happen, and the create a team will remain largely the same :( )

Also, as a longshot wish, It would be cool to add or edit existing jerseys to NHL teams. It probably won't happen, but I would really enjoy it.

Another thing is that I wish the EA NHL series was more 'video game-y' rather than realistic. Not in like 'in game mechanics' but outside of the game by doing something similar to NHL 2002 with the player cards, celebration cards, etc. Adding unlockable content through achievements, and adding collectabes. I don't think most players would agree with me on this one though.

Finally, this is dissimilar, but I'd love to see an NHL historical game, so instead of a yearly rendition, start it out in like 1980 or something and have it progress from there.

You could even have events like relocations, and expansions or retractions, and have those events be historical or a-historical, or even set a fixed number of franchises. Of course the players from whenever it starts up until now would be available. It would be difficult to make, amazing if they ever made one like that.

saskriders

Can't Hold Leads
Sep 11, 2010
Calgary
Totally revamp how scouting works in be a gm.

Instead of having your scout keep annoying you with pop up messages

Set budgets for coaching, scouting, training staff, medical staff, and marketing/ticket sales based on the overall budget the owner gives you

Then set the budgets of the different departments in each of those

Coaching:
Head coach- improves all roster players (also you can hire coaches based on strategies that will be used in simmed games, and what skills they improve)
Assistant- slightly improves all roster players, improves special teams (again you can hire two, one based on PP strategy, one based on PK strategy, and both impact certain skills)
Goaltending coach- improves goalies
Video coach- allows team to adapt to opposing strategy better (might be to hard to program :dunno:)
Minor league coach- improves minor league players

Scouting (All improve scouting in the particular league):

WHL scout
OHL scout
QMJHL scout
NCAA scout
SEL scout
SM Liga scout
DEL scout
NLA scout
Extraliga scout
Any added leagues scout
Russia scout
Rest of World scout
Pro scout (how much other teams players overalls have changed (due to their coaching) should not be known exactly, a range should be given and better pro scouting would make this smaller)

Training staff:

Ups strength, size etc (these are attributes the coach wouldn't effect)

Medical staff:

Improves injury recovery time
Makes the players more injury resistant

Marketing:

Brings more income to be used for future seasons

nucker11

Apr 15, 2014
British Columbia
Not sure if I already said this, but there should be a slider for whether a player is more likely to pass or shoot they puck; this could also work for wrist shots/slap shots.

X66

114-110
Aug 18, 2008
This is my post from another thread
_______

Of course I highly doubt we'll ever see these but I think they are necessary game enhancements. Before I start, I'd like to say that I enjoy the game and have quite a bit experience in the game.

1) This game needs CLASSIC NHL teams. The 2k series had em, and it continued on with their 2k NBA series. Honestly, how many people pick the Finnish League teams(or other leagues), what is the draw there? It would be really cool to have classic teams to help raise up the replay value. I don't want to always pick a team with 60 overalls that's play division 2 hockey in Ethiopia all the time... sometimes it would be nice to take the 92 penguins and go up against the 84 Oilers. Or the 2002 Wings against the 72 Flyers etc. It's awesome to play as the legends of the game on those historic teams, even cinderella teams like the 02 canes are fun to play as(speaking from 2k experience.

2) Fixing the pass assist. For the love of god, we've all been there, your point man is wide open for a shot and your pass assists gives it to the player getting tripled teamed in the slot...hardly where you wanted it to go, but the pass aim assist is too wonky like that. I even tried putting it completely to zero, but it didn't help. Way around this is having full pass controls, like NBA 2k series you can push a button so every player on your team is represented by a button so the pass would be going to them. For example, say Malkin was represented by the button Y and Letang B, there would never be an arrant pass if you click the correct button.

3) Patch glitch goals early, if possible. There is no way around it, people will always find the glitch goal, but it's a bit ridiculous in NHL 14. The Left handed shots going short side(glove) on goaltenders was a very cheap goal, and the problem was that it could be done from multiple ranges manking it incredibly hard to be successful all the time. Worst part is, when the player knew how to play the game, they'd pick you apart knowing you're playing different defensively to stop the cheap goal.

4) HUGE pet peeve here, checking players long after the whistles should be penalties. I understand that penalties are given out SOMETIMES in those situations but they are far too uncommon. I hate playing online against someone and they run my players after every whistle starting non-sense. Not that I mind them hitting my players, but because it takes the game SO much longer to get to the next faceoff because all the players are jousting like jackasses.

5) If a player scores a goal, they should never have to make the opposing player watch a replay. Some people love watching all the replays of their goals for some reason, and it just drags on the game so much longer. If one player presses A or X, then that should be that, get it over with. They can watch the replay after the game if they appreciated it so much. If not, only make it ONE replay, not 3...

Tyler Biggs*

Put in multiple commentators. CBC people for games in Canada, NBC for the states. Would be epic and it would keep the commentating fresh!

capitalsrock

Sep 7, 2012
Totally revamp how scouting works in be a gm.

Instead of having your scout keep annoying you with pop up messages

Set budgets for coaching, scouting, training staff, medical staff, and marketing/ticket sales based on the overall budget the owner gives you

Then set the budgets of the different departments in each of those

Coaching:
Head coach- improves all roster players (also you can hire coaches based on strategies that will be used in simmed games, and what skills they improve)
Assistant- slightly improves all roster players, improves special teams (again you can hire two, one based on PP strategy, one based on PK strategy, and both impact certain skills)
Goaltending coach- improves goalies
Video coach- allows team to adapt to opposing strategy better (might be to hard to program :dunno:)
Minor league coach- improves minor league players

Scouting (All improve scouting in the particular league):

WHL scout
OHL scout
QMJHL scout
NCAA scout
SEL scout
SM Liga scout
DEL scout
NLA scout
Extraliga scout
Any added leagues scout
Russia scout
Rest of World scout
Pro scout (how much other teams players overalls have changed (due to their coaching) should not be known exactly, a range should be given and better pro scouting would make this smaller)

Training staff:

Ups strength, size etc (these are attributes the coach wouldn't effect)

Medical staff:

Improves injury recovery time
Makes the players more injury resistant

Marketing:

Brings more income to be used for future seasons

I like this idea because it really allows us to feel like a real gm having to make tough decisions based on actual budgets and whatever he believes is more important for a team winning. This is much more realistic than playing the games because there isn't much to do in the GM side of things other than the extremely limited scouting, and trades. Everything else is just like season mode or Just a normal "play now game."

Also, to add on the coaching idea. I believe that you should have a choice that if you want to fire your coach, you can have a list of 10 or so options to fill that hole. But, give them personalities and preferences like, say one coach is a guy who likes to play the game tough and another is a run and gun type style of coach. You should be able to choose one to the strengths of your teams and maybe like add a +1 or +2 attribute to your players in accordance to which type of coach you have and the way he wants his team to play. Another thing to add to coaches would be age,so, basically if you pick a younger coach, he might not retire as soon and you guys might have more energy from a younger guy. But if you decided on an older coach, maybe you would have more discipline and take less penalties because your coach is more experienced. These ideas are meant for the simulation side of the game for the most part by the way.

My last idea was adding more realism to Be a Gm mode by adding real practices, and have your players trying to improve on certain attributes during practices. Maybe you have a weaker guy who you want to be more physical or you want a guy to have a better shot. You could set your preferences on each player on whichever attribute you want them to work on in practice. Maybe that attribute gets better if you have coaches who are better at teaching certain skills and worse at other. This would make picking your coaches harder because if you wanted a guy to improve on his defense and your coach is strictly offensive, then you would need to hire another coach, trade the player, or his defensive category won't get better.

Another possibility is trainers who could specifically affect your skating and endurance attributes. This all relates back to the budget idea, and if you had the money to hire the best possible trainers, your team might have the best endurance. The downside to choosing a good trainer is that you might have to settle for a bad coach who won't be as efficient in teaching your players other attributes, and they may never get better at anything other than their endurance because of the fitness trainer.

Also, if they brought in a budget and money aspects other than just player salaries, this would create a whole lot of opportunities for things that would make it more challenging to stay under budget.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->