Wishlist

LilySmoov

May 14, 2011
#1 on my wishlist is for Rammer to be replaced. When you have a guy whose mentality is "We want everyone to feel like a superstar" results like we're used to are to be expected.

Bullwine85

Jan 3, 2013
Neenah, WI
Some pretty basic/minor ones, but ones that would add to the presentation value IMO:

-Thorne/Clement are still good, but their commentary is getting VERY stale. Try doing what 2K does and make sure that it feels fresh every year. Or just get new commentators (such as Emrick/Olczyk)

-Foreign commentary similar to what FIFA has, would be a nice breath of fresh air to hear some Swedish, Finnish, Czech, German, and Russian commentary. Heck, maybe even get the RDS guys to do some French commentary.

-If there's too much money/hoops to jump through for IIHF licensing, at least have the national teams be a part of Be a GM/Live the Life, if only in generic tournaments. If I'm an American skater, I'd want to suit up for team USA when the opportunity arises, same with wanting to manage/select the national team members as well as a part of Be a GM.

-Have the Game Face feature, as it would be a great addition for Live the Life. It's in FIFA, Madden, Tiger Woods, and was a part of the Fight Night series, so putting it in NHL wouldn't be a bad idea either.

-Would suggest NCAA licensing, but considering the controversy with the NCAA football series (to the point where there's not going to even BE an NCAA football game next year), it's a pipe dream at the moment for that. Try and see if KHL/ECHL licensing is avaliable. Heck, even getting USHL licensing would be great as well, would provide an alternate way to start Live the Life other than the CHL or starting in the NHL straight away.

Slow Hands

The feels
Feb 3, 2009
Ottawa
Off-line seasons you stupid EA jerks. I was super disappointed to find out seasons in HUT was online only. How they take an idea from FIFA and mess it up, I don't know.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
Off-line seasons you stupid EA jerks. I was super disappointed to find out seasons in HUT was online only. How they take an idea from FIFA and mess it up, I don't know.

How do offline seasons work? Would you start playing against junior squads and work your way up to face Team Canada? Or does the difficulty sliders get more challenging?

DonskoiDonscored

Oct 12, 2013

It seems like NHL 14 is playing catchup to the other top sports brand games.
They implemented ideas from FUT, which they got wrong
They implemented Live The Life features from NBA13, which they made awfully boring
They tried to make a simulation engine from MLB13, which they somewhat got right

Martyros

Allow me to retort
Aug 13, 2005
Holly Hood
1st overall draft pick should be above 75 overall atleast 95% of the time.... not 65 overall.

Last edited:

Martyros

Allow me to retort
Aug 13, 2005
Holly Hood
How about just good grammar,

My scout
"I am done that trip to the WHL........."

I am done that trip? I have done/ I am done with. Lazy mistake

Also don't like when a player improves, his trade value doesn't

I got one that said "Player X has been injured with shoulder surgery"

Maybe next time trainers shouldn't operate on a player that doesn't need an operation ;)

Benjamin

Differently Financed
Jun 14, 2010
yes
Im sick of my 3rd liners only getting 8-10mins of ice time and 20 points. Prospect on the 3rd line = wont grow

Malkin should be able to play on the 2nd line and get 100 points.

Players should be able to get 110+ points.

Defensemen should be able to get 50+ points.

SlapshotTheMovie

Jan 18, 2013
I agree with prospect development sucking a lot in this game. Its really horrible.

Dont agree on the points. Way to many people have way to many points.

He isnt on my team but in my gm the last 5 seasons Jonathan Druin has had over 120 pt seasons. In my 3rd or 4rth year the top 10 all have well over 100 points. I am okay with a couple people each year having 100pt seasons but over 10 people is just far fetched. If its the two sedin brothers or backstorm and ovi thats one thing.

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
I agree with prospect development sucking a lot in this game. Its really horrible.

He isnt on my team but in my gm the last 5 seasons Jonathan Druin has had over 120 pt seasons. In my 3rd or 4rth year the top 10 all have well over 100 points. I am okay with a couple people each year having 100pt seasons but over 10 people is just far fetched. If its the two sedin brothers or backstorm and ovi thats one thing.

What if some of us like the high scoring? Whats wrong with that?

Ukgoalie

Aug 25, 2013
Get rid of the following 2 glitches:

In the resigning window (just after the draft), if you release a ufa sometimes another player is released eg I released a random depth rw, next thing I know eberle is a ufa !!!

Second glitch
If you resign some good prospects in the free agency window. When their stats increase, they do not increase in trade value............unless you now save the game and reload it then values aren't bad

Great way to trade Peckham for something useful

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
I'd love to see coaches in BeAGM Mode. I assume they won't be able to get the permission to use the real coaches, but even fake ones would be cool. Each coach could have a specialty(Shooting, Puck Skills, Senses, Defense, Physical, or Skating) and you could use your task points to level up your head coach to make them better(i.e Level 1 is +1 all in their specialization category, level 2 is +2 etc.). Or you could just add this ability to the assistant coach.

Benjamin

Differently Financed
Jun 14, 2010
yes

My league leader usually has 92 points and top scoring dman has 45. Completely unrealistic.

Winger14

Sep 17, 2013
The biggest thing for me, gameplay-wise, is for guys to react properly in the context. No more having my goalie stand still as a puck pinballs into the net or pops over him or anything like that. If my guy is half a step in front of the puck, have him reach back and grab it so I don't have to stop-and-start. On that note, guys take waaay too long to get going when they start skating, I know there's momentum but it shouldn't feel like you're skating in molasses.

lati4

Feb 26, 2012
I want to know what arena I am playing in there when the game starts. Besides the logo at center ice. Like in Madden, it does the shot outside of the stadium and then a few of inside and around the stadium. I think NHL needs to implement that. Makes the pre game better

Pay Carl

punished “venom” krejci
Jun 23, 2011
Vermont
I got one that said "Player X has been injured with shoulder surgery"

Maybe next time trainers shouldn't operate on a player that doesn't need an operation ;)

Live the Life has some rough grammar too.

"My game is pretty good that's your interviewing me right."

They put a period instead of a question mark and used the wrong you're haha

Pay Carl

punished “venom” krejci
Jun 23, 2011
Vermont
Honestly this mind set is what is wrong with video games 10000000%

The most celebrated hockey video game of all time is nhl94. Every player is the same square head and two black dots for eyes. HOW COULD THIS GAME EVER BE FUN IF I CANT LOOK AT A VIDEO GAME FACE AND KNOW WHO IT IS? Because it had great game play. Game play will always be more important then graphics. At least to real gamers...

Dude relax. I don't think its too much to ask for a player to have the right hair color. Welcome to 2013. Its not that hard to make accurate looking players. It gives the game much more of an authentic feel.

When I played NHL 2001 I didn't really care about what the players looked like, but its 2013 now. We could probably get some more accurate faces. I agree I would much rather have the stupid AI and the board play and the horrible tie-ups and the glitch goals fixed, but I don't think a visual overhaul is too much to ask for. Its not "ruining the games" like you say haha.

Relax... Or go to a website that has "real gamers" haha. Maybe a website devoted to the real NHL isn't a good place to vent about how you can't stand people that want Jonathan Quick to NOT have blonde hair anymore (he might not now, but he did before).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad