Wishlist

Bure All Day

Mar 29, 2012
Vancouver
I didn't buy 14, so I'm just basing this off 13, but this game needs to be completely overhauled...

Hopefully with the new console, they have more room to play with the gameplay, but these games are so frustrating to play...

CPU is a huuuge problem. If you try to be a playmaker in Be A Pro, it is beyond frustrating, dealing with these complete idiots that just drive to the net and don't circulate the puck, even on superstar.

The mechanics are crap, sticks go through other sticks and even players legs like they're not even there, even when holding the puck.

So many aspects are just so fake it's hard to deal with... I tried the 14 demo, not nearly enough improvement, so it was the first time I haven't bought a new NHL game ( be it 2k or EA) since 2004...

2k really needs to start making games again, they absolutely slaughter EA when it comes to basketball, why can't they make a comparable game for NHL? The lack of competition in this industry is killing the progression of these games..

The even more frustrating thing, is anybody buying the new consoles is pretty much forced to buy NHL 15, regardless of its improvements, which I'm sure EA already knows and therefor are going to produce another mediocre addition to the series.

TL;DR: These games suck, and I'm sick of it, but have no choice but to buy them as a diehard hockey fan

kmdoom

Sep 19, 2013
alexandria va
Three buttons need to be added.

1) A "Let it go/Mario Lemeiux" button - I'm sick and tired of trying to throw a long pass from a D to a winger and having my other D go "I'VE GOT IT" and end up just deflecting it or stopping it dead. They have that button in FIFA, I think, and it could even just be a quick tap of L1 or something to say "Leave it, this pass is for the guy behind you."

2) Not a specific button, but icon passing/selecting people. I'm also very tired of trying in vain to switch to a specific player in the defensive zone or thinking I'm going to switch to Player A but instead I get Player B and end up skating in the wrong direction. This is in effectively every sports game ever, why not NHL?

3) A "Face the puckhandler" button for defense. This would work similar to strafing in any other sport, but it would stop guys from repeatedly skating back and forth in the short corner and waiting for you to commit in any direction. And hell, it would help with defense in general and again is in 90% of sports games.

Wow I like all three of these ideas. 1 and 2 especially.

On top of the option to let a pass go, they should also add a way to kind of chip the puck without controlling it or letting it pass by you completely. It's kind of hard to explain but if you've ever watched Pittsburgh forecheck you know what I mean... a d-man fires the pass up ice and a forward just deflects it in the zone and starts chasing.

2 would definitely work IF they add total stick control on defense like there is/was in 2K hockey. I think everyone would appreciate having a say in where they pokecheck by mapping the poke to the right stick, which would open up rb+a set of buttons correlating to each position. We would also get a proper stick sweep added back to the series as well.

Kevo18

Jan 11, 2011
I honestly just wish you were rewarded for doing the things that you are rewarded for in hockey games.

Throw a big hit and stay on your feet while recovering the puck? Too bad when you skate away it's left behind because the guy in the ground breaths on it.

Standing in front of the net covering a 2 on 1 with 99 defensive awareness and 99 hand eye? Too bad, the luck is going to go through both the stick and your foot model for an easy tap in.

So many more, so fed up, I'm going to play some madden 11

LilySmoov

May 14, 2011
Three buttons need to be added.

3) A "Face the puckhandler" button for defense. This would work similar to strafing in any other sport, but it would stop guys from repeatedly skating back and forth in the short corner and waiting for you to commit in any direction. And hell, it would help with defense in general and again is in 90% of sports games.

The really tragic thing is this used to be in the game. Backskate, if you remember, used to be vision control, and it would square you to the puck.

But no, the EA dev team thinks more cute offensive maneuvers take priority over one of the most fundamental aspects of hockey.

SouthEndXGF

Oct 26, 2013
Dallas, TX
Another thing I'd like to see happen is EA making an updated version of NHL Hitz. They've already made updated versions of NBA Jam and NFL Blitz, I'd imagine remaking NHL Hitz with updated graphics/rosters would be a nice touch as well. NHL 94 anniversary mode is the closest thing we have to it, but it just isn't the same :/

OMG, hitz was so much fun. I really have missed that series. It would be nice to get an updated version, or even a modinerzation of the last version up for download for $15 or $20

Gumballthechewy

Chew On Me!
Jan 3, 2012
The Mountains
A couple little things about the shootout need to be changed, first: has the home team ever elected to not shoot first? Come on EA! Second: shootout selections shouldn't be static, the AI should pick the players who have played the best in that game or if you're the coach then you pick the order then and there.

habsducks

Sep 30, 2013
I would love that u could edit cpu rosters on gm mode. I want play with right players on right teams so i have disables cpu trades and i only make trades myself what my team make on real life.

So please give that us option where u could take controll of other teams too and make trade and then give that team again back to cpu controll. If someone would cheat with that.. Well if he like that its not my problem :D But that would be so nice that then would all teams have real players as they have in real life. I loved that option on Eastside hockey manager.

D Fresh

I'm Back Baby!
Sep 11, 2010
Ottawa, ON
To hold the player select button and be able to specifically choose a player with other buttons on the controller. I'm sick of slamming R2 until it picks/never picks the guy I want.

JackFr

Jun 18, 2010
I just want to suggest that anyone playing local multiplayer should give High Impact Mode a shot. So much fun, my friends and I have almost stopped playing Hardocre Simulation.

CutOnDime97

Too Showman
Mar 29, 2008
Another thing I'd like to see happen is EA making an updated version of NHL Hitz. They've already made updated versions of NBA Jam and NFL Blitz, I'd imagine remaking NHL Hitz with updated graphics/rosters would be a nice touch as well. NHL 94 anniversary mode is the closest thing we have to it, but it just isn't the same :/
They had NHL 3 on 3, which was decent. It could definitely be much better though, I'd love to see another one.

Mutants99

Nov 2, 2013
  1. Custom season lengths in BaGM modes online and offline. I want shorter seasons !!! :rant: (deal breaker if not in just like this year)
    -
  2. More comish options for Online BaGM, which includes custom sliders, set and locked by the comish for everyone in the league.
    -
  3. Battle For The Cup and Tournament modes need to be available as online modes. I want to have tournaments/playoffs and 7 game series against my friends with all stats kept by the game. Battle For The Cup is one of the better modes in the game but its offline only :(
    -
  4. Custom season lengths in BaGM mode online and offline. I want shorter seasons !!! :rant: :madfire:
    -
  5. Did I say I want shorter seasons in the GM modes. :sarcasm:
    -
  6. Private EASHL's
    -
  7. A nice fully functional web interface/mobile app for BaGM modes

Cameron92

Nov 5, 2013
GTA
I can't count how many times I have hit someone along the boards and knocked them down, only to be blocked by ea's crappy skating physics while trying to get the puck. Most of the time the player just gets right back up and continues with the puck.

Shorter simming times. I think with the new console(assuming nhl 15 will be on the new consoles) the simming could be much improved.

Custom logos and jerseys in eashl. Similar to cod's emblem designer.

And as everyone else has said, new commentators!

Edit: An HUT companion app for Android!! Not everyone has an overrated, overpriced iphone.

Ukgoalie

Aug 25, 2013
How about accurate team ratings

Edm
Fwd 4*
Def 4.5* wtf?! Same as Boston ?!
Goal 4.5* wtf?!

Jakub

Resu Deretsiger
Jun 26, 2013
Moonbeam, Ontario
Might as well start now :laugh:

My list

KHL
ECHL
NCAA (if possible, at the very least have the prospects in the game)
IIHF jerseys
IIHF tournaments and Olympics in be a pro
GM connected trade menus removes the players you traded, and changes the cap (I get they can't do it for games, but the trade menu would be nice)

ECHL is a must. The number of players on my AHL roster is too damn high.

LilySmoov

May 14, 2011
How about pucks that don't go through sticks?

How about being able to intercept slow moving pucks that are right in front of you?

How about making it so being able to square yourself to the puck takes priority over being able to skate backwards with the puck?

How about making a game that doesn't cater to offense to the point it can feel pointless to play defense properly?

How about getting a dev team in that's actually familiar with the fundamentals of the sport? Because as long as the current bunch of clowns are involved, the series will remain a joke.

Gizmo Tkachuk

Registered Loser
Sep 23, 2009
Florida
Maybe the body of a grown man should not be able to skate through someone's stick? It's not that hard of a fix to add collision detection for sticks.

russ99

Jun 9, 2011
Rebuild the game for next gen, don't keep putting out the same game every year with marginal improvements. Look at NBA 2K for what can be done with that.

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
This is a longshot/dream but I really would love it if they put in retro rosters for Be a GM. It would be cool being the GM of the Habs during the 70's or even just a past season like 2007-08

attachetatuque

un gros bonhomme!
Feb 1, 2013
They need to have the Olympics in Be a GM. If your team performs well enough you get selected to be the GM. That would be insane.
They need to fix the disappearing players in GMCO, and make GMCO menu better
The need to switch up the option for skates, mainly being able to choose how your skate tongue is.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad