Transfer: Winter Transfer Thread Part IV

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
Am I the only one who thinks Felix is too physically weak, and not agile enough to compensate, to succeed in the Premier League?

Reactions: S E P H

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
I think that Felix’s future at Atleti is unclear. On the one hand you have his relationship with Simeone. I was shocked to see him start at the weekend after their exchange through the press. On top of that Felix genuinely seems frustrated and he’s clearly not hitting the levels of a player who costs as much as he did. On the other hand Felix is still under contract until 2026 so I can’t see Atleti letting him go for a fee that many can afford. I don’t think they’ll want to take a big loss selling him. So I think if he leaves it’s gonna be because he really wants to get out of there and essentially forces a move or somebody comes in and pays a big fee.

On a sidenote I wouldn’t be surprised to see him linked with Barca either.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
I'd love to see Felix get a fresh start. But please under a creative coach.
Lol, nah bro, he's going to get rigid to the ground. How good has Auba been after getting away from this clown?

Does Felix play as a #9? All the matches I've watched, he only comes on as a winger.

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
He's at his best playing as a second striker in a 4-4-2 formation, where his non existent defensive work is not relevant. I don't like him on the left wing, and he hasn't really played in a number 10 position all that much. If he could be had for 60 million he'd probably be worth it, but I don't think Atletico would sell that low.

Reactions: S E P H

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
I’d steer clear of felix. Not only is he weak on the ball there is another far larger concern and that is his lack of motivation during the game. He often looks disinterested and not engaged enough…. This with having Simeone has coach.

Reactions: Vasilevskiy

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
I don't watch AM much so I am hardly an expert on Felix, but who would pay close to 60m for him if it wasn't for the price AM once paid?

Of course you got to value potential. A bit like with Ndombele. Even if he had been poor for Spurs for so long I'm not suggesting he is worthless, but 60m for Felix?

I guess one of the oil clubs could make that gamble, but anyone else?

In possession he would be perfect at Spurs in that "Lucas-role", but no way Spurs could pay even close to 60m.

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
Even ignoring the price he once went for, he's a 22 year old with a goal or an assist every 158 minutes in his La Liga career, and 20 games already for a strong Portuguese national team. That's worth 60 mil nowadays. I agree about his motivation and body language though.

Reactions: Vasilevskiy

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
There is inflation of course, but €60m would bring him up to somewhere around top 50 most expensive transfers ever.

Spurs got a lot of debt, but also top 10 in terms of earners in the world. I would hate it if Spurs paid 60m for someone like Felix - even if he should in theory fit (probably not defensively).

Brunkmeister

Sep 4, 2021
There are a lot of other young guys out there now who’s curve doesn’t point right down like Felix does. There was a time when he was one of the most exciting players in football. A lot has changed since then and now i know plenty of players i would rather pay 60m for.

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016
I'm a bit intrigued what Chelsea will do in the summer. Azpilicueta, Rudiger and Christensen aren't renewing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad