Transfer: Winter Transfer Thread Part IV

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
And while Gavi isn't Catalan and didn't start at La Masia at say Benjamin level, as I understand he was a Cule growing up.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Not sure where you're getting 1/10 of the assists from, but that's way off and lacks context. Based on what I was referring to, their respective league seasons this season, and allowing for Haaland playing fewer minutes he's on practically the same pace as Mbappe when it comes to assists. And again, that's not to mention the context of where they play as well as Mbappe's supporting cast of teammates. Additionally, 17% of Mbappe's league goals are from the spot and 25% of Haaland's so not much of a difference there. If what I read about what Mbappe wants that probably gets even closer.
Indeed you severely lack context.
BuLi is one the easiest leagues to score in. Per all participants L1 is one of the toughest.
As for career numbers in top 5 leagues + CL I think indeed assists should be pointed out since you know... Context... They do 't play the same position.
There' s zero doubt Mbappe brings more on the pitch than Haaland and that's no slight on Haaland.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Context you said?
BVB has scored 63 goals in 23 games this year, Haaland has a say in 22 of them (34.9%)
PSG has scored 53 goals in 25 games, Mbappe has a say in 21 of them (39.6%)

In the CL, Haaland has scored 23+3 in 19 games, impressive numbers, including a marquee performance in a KO game against PSG two years ago.
Mbappe has 32+23 in 52 games including marquee performances in a KO game against City, Bayern, Barcelona, Real Madrid, etc, etc, etc...

Haaland is two years younger and a special talent. But for now, there's absolutely no doubt who's in front DISREGARDING injuries. If you include them in the equation, it's LAUGHABLE to even try, but nobody's surprised.
Even at the same age, Mbappe was already doing MUCH MORE in the CL than Haaland.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Gavi? Saka? lol.

Liverpool are already getting Carvalho next summer.
Gavi is not happening. Not sure where that’s coming from.

Also I do not think Carvalho is in the bag so I’m not counting on that.

I could see Saka happening though if Arsenal miss Champions League.

That being said, LFC need Bellingham and/or Tchouameni this summer. Saka would be awesome but would be a luxury signing (unless Salah leaves). LFC’s biggest need is a box to box, more defensive leaning midfielder. That’s Tchouameni.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
I also remember the "Sancho is in Mbappe's tier". I even tried telling this guy Haaland was already NOT in Sancho's tier but he wouldn't listen.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Indeed you severely lack context.
BuLi is one the easiest leagues to score in. Per all participants L1 is one of the toughest.
As for career numbers in top 5 leagues + CL I think indeed assists should be pointed out since you know... Context... They do 't play the same position.
There' s zero doubt Mbappe brings more on the pitch than Haaland and that's no slight on Haaland.

Context you said?
BVB has scored 63 goals in 23 games this year, Haaland has a say in 22 of them (34.9%)
PSG has scored 53 goals in 25 games, Mbappe has a say in 21 of them (39.6%)

In the CL, Haaland has scored 23+3 in 19 games, impressive numbers, including a marquee performance in a KO game against PSG two years ago.
Mbappe has 32+23 in 52 games including marquee performances in a KO game against City, Bayern, Barcelona, Real Madrid, etc, etc, etc...

Haaland is two years younger and a special talent. But for now, there's absolutely no doubt who's in front DISREGARDING injuries. If you include them in the equation, it's LAUGHABLE to even try, but nobody's surprised.
Even at the same age, Mbappe was already doing MUCH MORE in the CL than Haaland.
  • For starters, in my initial post which you quoted I was very clear: "...if this season is any indication." If that isn't clear after my now restating it for the second time let me know.
  • The difference in goals between the L1 and Bundesliga isn't that great per this conversation and as I already referenced to someone else, just look at Haaland's CL record.
  • Again, I was referring to "this season" to quote myself again and you are WAY OFF with what you said about assists as regards this season. You said 1/10th and fact of the matter is that if you look at their respective league contributions their assist rate in the league is almost identical. And yes, not playing the same position has a lot of context with regards to assists. Additionally, as I already said, further context is their respective teammates.
  • There's no doubt Mbappe is the better player. I never said otherwise. Still has nothing to do with what I posted and what you originally quoted.
  • Yes, I did say context. And now your answer to that is by posting their % goal contributions? Seriously? Well for starters, 5 basis points isn't a big difference. More to the point though, and it's shocking I'd have to explain this to you considering this stemmed from your pot shot of "Hopefully Perez enjoys Haaland's 20 games per season", Haaland has only played in only 61% of those 23 matches while Mbappe has played in 92% of PSG's 25 matches. It's so LAUGHABLE that you'd even post that especially considering the tone of your post. Incredibly laughable that you posted that, but nobody's surprised considering your clear agenda. In fact it goes against your argument when it's put into the appropriate context.
  • Again, not sure why you're posting those numbers as they aren't some massive coup for Mbappe from a statistical standpoint. And "etc, etc, etc...", well that's a lot of etceteras. Again, I'd also considering the context of who their respective clubs have been.
  • No, there is no doubt that Mbappe is better. I never said otherwise nor intimated as such. You once again overreacted, misunderstood, misread, took out of context, lacked context and got defensive because it's a French player and your favorite club. You can't even acknowledge the similarities between PSG and Madrid and how they approach the player. In fact, literally today you got it wrong, again, and completely ignored the fact that Mbappe is free this Summer if he doesn't renew.

Reactions: Jersey Fresh

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
- Oh, you wrote "if this season is any indication". So that changes the whole meaning of your post right? Nope it doesn't. If this season is any indication Nkunku is in Haaland's tier. Yet he's far from it.
- The difference is huge as per the own players' words. Not a knock on Buli, they prioritize offense.
- Indeed, playing with Ney and Messi means sharing some scoring opportunities, especially on PK as I said.
- Yes because the fact you're on the pitch is you know... a POSITIVE for a team. I know, shocking news. And YES, it adds to the value of a player. It's LAUGHABLE that you somehow think it's argument you should disregard while talking about their % of their team's goal. It reinforces the 20 game joke.
- I'm sure the numbers make plenty of sense for the others. Mbappe G+A is way better in terms of impact and quality.
- So you don't doubt, but you posted a crappy post "if this season is any indication" because you thought it brought some value when in fact it just further proved you misread, misunderstood and overreacted, took out of context lacked context and got defensive because your team is linked to Haaland while your rival is linked to Real. It's OK, it's nothing new.
Literaly, you got it all wrong.
Nothing new.

Wait Mbappe is free? OH WOW, thanks for telling me.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
- Oh, you wrote "if this season is any indication". So that changes the whole meaning of your post right? Nope it doesn't. If this season is any indication Nkunku is in Haaland's tier. Yet he's far from it.
- The difference is huge as per the own players' words. Not a knock on Buli, they prioritize offense.
- Indeed, playing with Ney and Messi means sharing some scoring opportunities, especially on PK as I said.
- Yes because the fact you're on the pitch is you know... a POSITIVE for a team. I know, shocking news. And YES, it adds to the value of a player. It's LAUGHABLE that you somehow think it's argument you should disregard while talking about their % of their team's goal. It reinforces the 20 game joke.
- I'm sure the numbers make plenty of sense for the others. Mbappe G+A is way better in terms of impact and quality.
- So you don't doubt, but you posted a crappy post "if this season is any indication" because you thought it brought some value when in fact it just further proved you misread, misunderstood and overreacted, took out of context lacked context and got defensive because your team is linked to Haaland while your rival is linked to Real. It's OK, it's nothing new.
Literaly, you got it all wrong.
Nothing new.

Wait Mbappe is free? OH WOW, thanks for telling me.
  • My posts all stand and stack up much better than anything you replied with.
  • Well then you should define "huge", but I think that's overstating it.
  • Yet his PK rate was very close to Haaland's and Neymar and Messi also make it easier for him to get assists and are far better playmakers than anyone Haaland has every played with.
  • My stats prove yours wrong with regards to time on the pitch, simple as that. Your bit about % contribution was laughable to post. Stupid really.
  • Might be, but you'd also have to prove it to be sure.
  • My post was by no means crappy and entirely indicative of their present production with regards to goals. Your post was crappy, crybaby bullshit because you're butthurt that Mbappe might leave. You're like this with everything regarding PSG and quite a bit else.
  • I got everything right, likely less than half of what you posted is right and when it is it lacks A LOT of context. No surprise as you struggle to read, comprehend what you read or not move the goalposts. As for getting it wrong and nothing new, it's practically a daily occurrence with you. It'd probably be forgivable or easier to overlook if you didn't constantly talk about what other posters (and I'm not referring to myself since you don't, but then you have nothing despite your crybaby post I'm quoting here saying otherwise) got wrong from ten years ago or whatever timeline. As my reply was essentially indicating the other day, who cares? Seriously, who cares? The shit you post like that is incredible and the way you come off is even worse. I agree with a lot of your takes on football, but that stuff is unnecessary. So yeah, you got it wrong, AGAIN. You got this wrong, the other day didn't know the difference between speed and acceleration were I bothered I'm sure there's something else.
  • Yes, free this Summer, so the fact that he plays for PSG and not Madrid is irrelevant as he's free to talk to anyone he chooses and vice versa. So you got it wrong, again, and you're welcome.

Reactions: Jersey Fresh

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
  • My posts all stand and stack up much better than anything you replied with.
  • Well then you should define "huge", but I think that's overstating it.
  • Yet his PK rate was very close to Haaland's and Neymar and Messi also make it easier for him to get assists and are far better playmakers than anyone Haaland has every played with.
  • My stats prove yours wrong with regards to time on the pitch, simple as that. Your bit about % contribution was laughable to post. Stupid really.
  • Might be, but you'd also have to prove it to be sure.
  • My post was by no means crappy and entirely indicative of their present production with regards to goals. Your post was crappy, crybaby bullshit because you're butthurt that Mbappe might leave. You're like this with everything regarding PSG and quite a bit else.
  • I got everything right, likely less than half of what you posted is right and when it is it lacks A LOT of context. No surprise as you struggle to read, comprehend what you read or not move the goalposts. As for getting it wrong and nothing new, it's practically a daily occurrence with you. It'd probably be forgivable or easier to overlook if you didn't constantly talk about what other posters (and I'm not referring to myself since you don't, but then you have nothing despite your crybaby post I'm quoting here saying otherwise) got wrong from ten years ago or whatever timeline. As my reply was essentially indicating the other day, who cares? Seriously, who cares? The shit you post like that is incredible and the way you come off is even worse. I agree with a lot of your takes on football, but that stuff is unnecessary. So yeah, you got it wrong, AGAIN. You got this wrong, the other day didn't know the difference between speed and acceleration were I bothered I'm sure there's something else.
  • Yes, free this Summer, so the fact that he plays for PSG and not Madrid is irrelevant as he's free to talk to anyone he chooses and vice versa. So you got it wrong, again, and you're welcome.
Imagine the level of thought you put into this.
I'm defending Mbappe over Haaland/ I'm butthurt he moves out of PSG so I'm a cry baby blah blah blah.
I mean, you throw a lof insults in one single post (mand do you realize it's MORE than half of yet another crappy post of yours) and yet this just there proves the crap your brain is swimming in right now.

And I'll finish with the best part : it's irrelevant that Madrid tries to unsettle a player playing for the other team because he's free. It's irrelevant. I mean, that's ONE serious intelligle argument... for a 3 year old maybe? Anyone older than that understand how stupid someone can be to write that? Surely.

Don't thank me, I live to give.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Imagine the level of thought you put into this.
I'm defending Mbappe over Haaland/ I'm butthurt he moves out of PSG so I'm a cry baby blah blah blah.
I mean, you throw a lof insults in one single post (mand do you realize it's MORE than half of yet another crappy post of yours) and yet this just there proves the crap your brain is swimming in right now.

And I'll finish with the best part : it's irrelevant that Madrid tries to unsettle a player playing for the other team because he's free. It's irrelevant. I mean, that's ONE serious intelligle argument... for a 3 year old maybe? Anyone older than that understand how stupid someone can be to write that? Surely.

Don't thank me, I live to give.

A lot of insults? I was simply REPLYING in kind to YOUR INSULTS. You went there first and just did again. Shocker.

Yeah, because they were just trying to unsettle him.

Yeah, give misinformation.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
:laugh: I went there first :laugh:
Clearly they were not just trying to unsettle him right between the legs. Totally has nothing to do with it. Hilarious how naive you are.

BTW, I forgot to laugh at your speed part the other post. LOL. I said Sule lacked speed. cgf tried to explain to me that I meant acceleration, which is both true and NOT the point. Since the point was that Sule's movement is a problem. When he faces a quick player, he's in trouble. Which is why I said "yeah it's part of speed".
The fact you think I was wrong is again both hilarious and a quite frankly a bit sad. And you think it's such a proof that you bring it up a week after yet you missed the whole point is... as I said hilarious and sad.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
That being said, LFC need Bellingham and/or Tchouameni this summer. Saka would be awesome but would be a luxury signing (unless Salah leaves). LFC’s biggest need is a box to box, more defensive leaning midfielder. That’s Tchouameni.

They'll sign one of them two. They paid off Jota, they have high revenue again from fans being back in the ground. Whenever they have high revenue they spend a lot. Also obviously both those players would like to go to a CL contending team.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
:laugh: I went there first :laugh:
Clearly they were not just trying to unsettle him right between the legs. Totally has nothing to do with it. Hilarious how naive you are.

BTW, I forgot to laugh at your speed part the other post. LOL. I said Sule lacked speed. cgf tried to explain to me that I meant acceleration, which is both true and NOT the point. Since the point was that Sule's movement is a problem. When he faces a quick player, he's in trouble. Which is why I said "yeah it's part of speed".
The fact you think I was wrong is again both hilarious and a quite frankly a bit sad. And you think it's such a proof that you bring it up a week after yet you missed the whole point is... as I said hilarious and sad.

You did and continue to do so.
Whether they're trying to unsettle him is up for debate, but it misses a big part of why they would reportedly say that, to which it should be noted it's a rumor on top of the fact that I saw different reports as to the messaging.

Yeah, it is true and speed is not acceleration. So you were wrong, again. And I brought it up because of the context of this conversation where you took it.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Up for debate? LOL. THAT WAS the debate with my dear Real friend. So WTF are you trying to get into a conversation you can't read properly?
And :facepalm: about Sule.

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
Up for debate? LOL. THAT WAS the debate with my dear Real friend. So WTF are you trying to get into a conversation you can't read properly?
And :facepalm: about Sule.

For the record, I did acknowledge that the timing was not a coincidence... and it is absolutely the right move, IMO.

PSG reportedly made a big offer and someone leaked it. PSG themselves or Mbappé's camp. Flo reportedly responded with an ultimatum... as he should. He won't win a bidding war against a team that can spend whatever they want.

Timing is also convenient for Real.

What I was disgreeing with was your assessment that it should show Mbappé that he should not join Madrid. My point was that PSG and Mbappe's camp were also using the media to gain leverage and that there was really nothing out of the ordinary here.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad