Transfer: Winter Transfer Thread Part IV

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
And? My point was that they’re the least attractive club of those options.

You said all the clubs that are in that original tweet would be a better option than United, but you didn’t mention Barca. I replied to that noting that Barca would be a better option than United, simple as that. I wasn’t referring to your other post and i’m not referring to what I’m quoting above right now which I also happen to disagree with.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
More attractive than any English club, tbh. Barcelona is one of the most beautiful city in the World, you are pretty much guaranteed CL football every year, they can pay you and they are trending in a much better direction lately. With COVID over, they will be a major player again soon.

I mean, I hate them, but they are a much better choice than United. Even Liverpool. City is still Manchester which is not a draw. If I was to sign with an oil club, it would be Paris... because you get to live in Paris. The London clubs, sure, but they are fighting to just MAKE the CL.
Never said United was a better option than Barca? I’m saying if Haaland has the option of Madrid, City, PSG, Bayern, Barca than I think Barca would at the bottom of that list. Maybe City based purely on locale. But I’m not sure where I said United was a better option is coming from.

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
Never said United was a better option than Barca? I’m saying if Haaland has the option of Madrid, City, PSG, Bayern, Barca than I think Barca would at the bottom of that list. Maybe City based purely on locale. But I’m not sure where I said United was a better option is coming from.

Never said you did. Just listed the major English clubs that could have a realistic shot at such a player and compared them to Barca.

Honestly, out of Madrid, City, PSG, Bayern and Barca, I have Barca before Bayern and City for sure.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin

No one said you said that, but if you follow how the posts in the thread go then that would make it an odd coincidence that you mentioned every other club listed in the tweet except Barca. Additionally it’s odd to list the clubs you did as better options than United when there are at least three more.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
No one said you said that, but if you follow how the posts in the thread go then that would make it an odd coincidence that you mentioned every other club listed in the tweet except Barca. Additionally it’s odd to list the clubs you did as better options than United when there are at least three more.
Lmao D2M mentioned United and I said, “why would he go there over the options in the tweet?”

D2M says he’s going to Barca

I say, that’s the least attractive option of the teams referenced. Hence why they weren’t in the post.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
No, you listed all the other clubs in the tweet with the exception of Barca.

As for the rest of it it’s irrelevant and I wasn’t referring to that when I quoted you initially.
Ok than it was probably a slip. Sorry I didn’t mention Barca I guess.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Ok than it was probably a slip. Sorry I didn’t mention Barca I guess.

Ni need to apologize. I just figured you weren’t reading Barca as an attractive an option as they should be. Not back to our best, but a lot of positives all things considered.

As for United, they should have a serious go at Haaland.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Ni need to apologize. I just figured you weren’t reading Barca as an attractive an option as they should be. Not back to our best, but a lot of positives all things considered.

As for United, they should have a serious go at Haaland.
I mean we could have a serious go. But again not really sure why he’d pick us.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
LA Galaxy wants to sign Sergio Ramos.
There is no possible way for them to sign him without losing Chicarito, Costa, or Cabral. Obviously Cabral is the odd man out there but at the same time, he’s only 21. Ramos would fit Galaxy but my god that would be a dumb signing so exactly what they always do.

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
To be fair, even if there’s no CL, he’s a good possibility. They’re going to be one of the clubs with money to spend (having cleared wages) and only a few others can match the cost they would pay.

Other top clubs have a striker or want someone better

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Gazzetta dello Sport is reporting that Inter is no longer in the mix for Ginter. They claim it's because Bayern has expressed interest in the Germany international.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $6,201.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,447.00