Transfer: Winter Transfer Thread Part IV

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
Gazzetta dello Sport is reporting that Inter is no longer in the mix for Ginter. They claim it's because Bayern has expressed interest in the Germany international.
I didn’t feel like Ginter was Bayern level but I haven’t watched much BMG this season sadly.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
I didn’t feel like Ginter was Bayern level but I haven’t watched much BMG this season sadly.

He (like Christensen) would be a step down from Süle and Upa, but both are better than Pavard :dunno:

In other BuLi news, Köln's Tomas Ostrak is leaving for St Louis City SC.

Reactions: Gecklund

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin

Barca apparently looking at Wirtz. Not sure I buy that, but he'd be a great fit. He'll cost too much for this Summer though and we'd really be spoiled for choice in midfield.

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
He (like Christensen) would be a step down from Süle and Upa, but both are better than Pavard :dunno:

In other BuLi news, Köln's Tomas Ostrak is leaving for St Louis City SC.
Hell yeah he is. Not until the end of the season and allegedly on a 4 year deal, from what I've heard. What do you know about him? I guess @maclean is another good person to ask

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
Hell yeah he is. Not until the end of the season and allegedly on a 4 year deal, from what I've heard. What do you know about him? I guess @maclean is another good person to ask

Huh, as it happens I know absolutely nothing about him. In my defence he did leave the country at sixteen

Reactions: bluesfan94

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach

Barca apparently looking at Wirtz. Not sure I buy that, but he'd be a great fit. He'll cost too much for this Summer though and we'd really be spoiled for choice in midfield.

Leverkusen & Wirtz's dad were pretty adamant about Florian not moving until 2024, at the earliest, earlier in the season.

If that hasn't changed, Barca are probably just registering/reinforcing their interest so that when it comes time for him to make his decision, he knows that they've wanted him for a while.

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
I can't really help too much either. He's barely played for Köln's senior team (20 minutes total so far) and if I've seen him play for their youth teams before his loans, I do not remember him.
Shocked and dismayed. Thanks, nevertheless to both you and @maclean. If either of you do have a chance to lay eyes on him the rest of the season, I would love to hear your thoughts. No worries if not!

Reactions: cgf

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
He'll still have (at least) two years left on his contract then, so I doubt his cost goes down at all. Even if he doesn't sign a new contract.

He will still have two years left on his contract at that time and barring some major inflationary movement in the market his transfer fee will be lower. That could well be offset by his wage demands at that point, but the fee itself would surely be lower than compared to what it would be now. It might not be significantly lower, but it would be lower.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
He will still have two years left on his contract at that time and barring some major inflationary movement in the market his transfer fee will be lower. That could well be offset by his wage demands at that point, but the fee itself would surely be lower than compared to what it would be now. It might not be significantly lower, but it would be lower.
Not if he continues to improve :dunno:

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
Yup, I think he's better than anything else we have in central defense. I just hope he adapts to La Liga.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
I still don’t think it matters because then he’s only got two years left on his deal and I think they’d already be asking I mint for him.

I dunno about that. I feel like teams who have been willing to sell with 3 years left don't ask significantly more than they would with only 2 years left...it just seems that way because teams are typically much less willing to sell when there's that much term left.

It's not until guys enter that final year of their contract that we typically see significant price-changes.

And they are certainly going to ask for a lot either way, but if they snag a CL spot & Wirtz shines in that competition as well...or if he has a breakthrough showing in Qatar...that pricetag could easily grow by a significant amount. Say from the 80-85M that Havertz & Sancho cost up over 100M; maybe even 120M.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Indeed ;-)

I've liked him a lot since his gladbach days and think his skillset should fit that barca style excellently once he settles in.
Think he will be better outside of England, not that he is bad in England, but better style for La Liga in theory at least

Reactions: luiginb

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Yup, I think he's better than anything else we have in central defense. I just hope he adapts to La Liga.

I'm fine with him on a free and considering they want to sell both Umtiti and Lenglet, but he wouldn't be a starter for me.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Can't see who's better.
Pique has more experience but has lost a step. Araujo is always injured.
Rest is crap right now.

Reactions: luiginb

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
I dunno about that. I feel like teams who have been willing to sell with 3 years left don't ask significantly more than they would with only 2 years left...it just seems that way because teams are typically much less willing to sell when there's that much term left.

It's not until guys enter that final year of their contract that we typically see significant price-changes.

And they are certainly going to ask for a lot either way, but if they snag a CL spot & Wirtz shines in that competition as well...or if he has a breakthrough showing in Qatar...that pricetag could easily grow by a significant amount. Say from the 80-85M that Havertz & Sancho cost up over 100M; maybe even 120M.

Again, I don't think it'd be a significant difference and I think they'd ask the numbers you're quoting today if a transfer was explored.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad