Transfer: Winter Transfer Thread Part IV

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Up for debate? LOL. THAT WAS the debate with my dear Real friend. So WTF are you trying to get into a conversation you can't read properly?
And :facepalm: about Sule.

Doesn't change the fact there's nothing wrong with them doing it assuming they even did. And I'm not trying to get into that conversation, obviously assuming you can read or aren't insecure.

Agreed about Sule, but you shouldn't be so hard on yourself. People make mistakes like that all the time.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
I know i'm just saying up front those guys are in a league of their own atm. Dont see a young player that can match up with them yet.
There’s this young French guy Martial. Heard he’s got bags of potential. Also Cristinani Ronaldi? Heard good things about him too.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Atleti would be good to let him go tbh. He just hasn’t clicked there and it’s clear why maybe arsenal can save his career
He fits the age profile Arteta is going for as well + A change of scenery could be good for him.

As rumors go this one may make some sense.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
I'd love to see Felix get a fresh start. But please under a creative coach.
That's the one hesitation for me. I think he would be more fun to watch under Arteta than Simeone, however, I would love to see him under someone who is more about fluid creativity.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Marca says Mbappe's mother wants him to resign with PSG. His father has been telling him for years to sign an extension.
BUT his lawyer tells him his brand will be bigger if he signs with Real.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
One should always go with the brand :laugh:

Personally I couldn’t care less where Mbappe ends up, but I miss the days when you had certain players who went to (or stayed at) clubs because they really wanted to win with that club - not with any club.

Being born in Paris winning the CL for a Parisian club got to mean something. At least give it a couple more years. Brand my :£;£:))

Reactions: luiginb

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
Marca says Mbappe's mother wants him to resign with PSG. His father has been telling him for years to sign an extension.

Dirty Leonardo using the guy's PARENTS to put pressure on him :sarcasm:

Always listen to your lawyer kid, he knows what's best for you (and for his own pockets).

One should always go with the brand :laugh:

Personally I couldn’t care less where Mbappe ends up, but I miss the days when you had certain players who went to (or stayed at) clubs because they really wanted to win with that club - not with any club.

Being born in Paris winning the CL for a Parisian club got to mean something. At least give it a couple more years. Brand my :£;£:))

It would be all fine and dandy if he grew up a PSG supporter... he did not. I doubt he ever cared about that club before he joined them. The narrative is nothing but a narrative. He grew up a Madridista. Sure, it would be a cool story, but it is not as if they developed him or if he grew up dreaming of playing for PSG. Then, it might be an incentive for him.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011

Always listen to your lawyer kid, he knows what's best for you (and for his own pockets).

It would be all fine and dandy if he grew up a PSG supporter... he did not. I doubt he ever cared about that club before he joined them. The narrative is nothing but a narrative. He grew up a Madridista. Sure, it would be a cool story, but it is not as if they developed him or if he grew up dreaming of playing for PSG. Then, it might be an incentive for him.

I grew up a Spursfan. Which is obviously a bit odd, but it is the way it is. Would I still have loved to win something with the local team from where I grew up (and let us assume both that team and Spurs could win the CL)? Definitely. Even more so when “France” never really has won the CL as far as I can remember. You got Marseille of course, but there is a sketchy history there (not that I think they were alone).

Also Mbappe got plenty of time to go to Madrid later.

I will adjust my previous statement. I don’t wish PSG anything good. Not because of the club, but the owners. Please let him join RM even if I would have gone for Haaland. Even if they might work together of course. Not sure.

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
That's why I don't believe he will leave on a free. He has respect for PSG and his family.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France

No, I think like every little parisian kid he loved PSG.
I can only think of Hannibal as a PSG hater from the Paris area.
He just was more of a Real fan.

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017

Madrista or not. He is from Paris and it's 100% certain that he has friends and family members who are PSG supporters.
You just don't turn away from your hometown club like that unless it is on good terms.
I do believe Mbappe would rather be sold than leave on free and on bad terms with PSG supporters. I also believe that the more Madrid put pressure on him the more it might make him uncomfortable with his decision.

I do believe he will go to Madrid in the end (mostly to explore a new challenge) but I am not sure it would be a free transfer.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
That's why I don't believe he will leave on a free. He has respect for PSG and his family.

If that was completely true he should have already signed. Not helpful for anyone this uncertainty.

And this idea that it matters if he leaves with a fee or not is a bit odd considering the owners.

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
If that was completely true he should have already signed. Not helpful for anyone this uncertainty.

And this idea that it matters if he leaves with a fee or not is a bit odd considering the owners.
It depends. If PSG don't offer him a way out why would he signs?

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
No, I think like every little parisian kid he loved PSG.
I can only think of Hannibal as a PSG hater from the Paris area.
He just was more of a Real fan.

Stupid question, but did Parisian kids really care about PSG before like 2010?

I mean, it clearly does not apply to Mbappé as he grew up after they became what they are today, but I am curious.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Stupid question, but did Parisian kids really care about PSG before like 2010?

I mean, it clearly does not apply to Mbappé as he grew up after they became what they are today, but I am curious.
Yes.
Paris is not a small club and wasn't a small club before QSI. They were no worse than 3rd biggest club in France in terms of support (OL and OM being the others).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad