Transfer: Winter Transfer Thread Part II

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
I hope they get Kabak.
Because he needs to get out of his bad situation. And because I dradted him in my keeper league.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
I hope they get Kabak.
Because he needs to get out of his bad situation. And because I dradted him in my keeper league.
There’s a player there if his head is screwed on straight. Certainly has a higher ceiling compared to DCC. At some point you trust the coaching staff to see through that. Klopp will undoubtedly have gotten a scouting report from his best friend David Wagner (former Schalke manager) and again,

Unlike the Diop/Long/Mustafi group, Kabak has actually been playing so he’s match fit; same with Ben Davies. Davies more of an instant bandaid, Kabak could be more of a long term solution and with two CBs, then can get Fabinho and/or Henderson back into the midfield if this works out. It’s probably too late to win the Premier League, but could make LFC a lot tougher.

Last edited:

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
So I guess the Fabinho injury and the Klopp complaints in public have this rolling. I think the plan was to roll the dice, maybe just get the Preston kid, and see how it played out. But maybe they feel they can make a run. Nothing like leaving it to the last minute

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
Dumbasses OM rejected 23M for DCC from Liverpool !
Didn’t they pay 18 for him? I imagine RB also put in sell ons. So if Liverpool wanted to pay 23, they wouldn’t have made practically anything? I also imagine the offer from Liverpool was a loan to buy, or basically nothing up front

Wee Baby Seamus

Yo, Goober, where's the meat?
Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto
Screenshot_20210201-090657.png
Big if true

KlausJopling

Feb 17, 2003
CT
Visit site
In small US related transfer news.

- Reports are Hoppe has re-signed with Shalke. Best move for him, still no idea what his level even is.
- Chris Richards on loan to Hoffenheim for the remainder of the year (no buy option).

Reactions: Basement Cat

TheMoreYouKnow

May 3, 2007
38° N 77° W
Getting Kabak as immediate help is kinda crazy given that he's been - according to Kicker - the 2nd worst defender in the Bundesliga this season (the worst is a Schalke teammate of course). We can of course talk about a bad situation at Schalke and how at Liverpool he's coming into a settled setup with top notch coaching etc., but that's really testing the concept of players being mere products of the situation at their clubs.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Didn’t they pay 18 for him? I imagine RB also put in sell ons. So if Liverpool wanted to pay 23, they wouldn’t have made practically anything? I also imagine the offer from Liverpool was a loan to buy, or basically nothing up front
19M was the price.
Apparently, Liverpool is ready to up the ante. OM will sell at 30M. :facepalm:

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Getting Kabak as immediate help is kinda crazy given that he's been - according to Kicker - the 2nd worst defender in the Bundesliga this season (the worst is a Schalke teammate of course). We can of course talk about a bad situation at Schalke and how at Liverpool he's coming into a settled setup with top notch coaching etc., but that's really testing the concept of players being mere products of the situation at their clubs.
It's not really a "concept". Everyone knows it's true. Or at least should know.

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
Agreed. It will be interesting to see how he adapt. He seems to be doing 'good' in 1v1 situation and in advanced defensive stats but in general his team has given way too many goals and he has been bad in the eye test. Is there something there with him or is he just not good enough.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
They aren’t getting him as immediate help. He is coming in as 4th choice. He is a dice roll and will have to earn his minutes. Very little risk.

TheMoreYouKnow

May 3, 2007
38° N 77° W
They aren’t getting him as immediate help. He is coming in as 4th choice. He is a dice roll and will have to earn his minutes. Very little risk.

In your injury situation surely that's what you need - a CB who can play immediately so Henderson doesn't have to play there. Wasn't that the whole point of going after another player this late in the window?

I get that it's not a risky move - but I would think that you'd want an experienced dude who can step in and just do an OK job without looking out of place at that level. I mean think about this - Schalke are loaning out a starting player while they're fighting relegation. To me that says they think this kid is a problem for them.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
In your injury situation surely that's what you need - a CB who can play immediately so Henderson doesn't have to play there. Wasn't that the whole point of going after another player this late in the window?

I get that it's not a risky move - but I would think that you'd want an experienced dude who can step in and just do an OK job without looking out of place at that level. I mean think about this - Schalke are loaning out a starting player while they're fighting relegation. To me that says they think this kid is a problem for them.
Schalke are also hemorrhaging money and about to get relegated. I don’t think Liverpool is getting new guys in just to throw them into the lions den. They’ll want to train them up first. Davies might get a game before Kabak. Again I could be wrong but Liverpool are not going to bet their season on these guys.

and not for nothing you also thought a week ago LFC wouldn’t get a CB because they started winning again. So let’s see what happens.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad