Transfer: Winter Transfer Thread Part II

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Again, smart move by Nice here. Low risk, high reward potential.

More importantly, happy for the player as I think he'll get playing time again Hopefully he kills it with Nice
Problem is right now they don't have a coach. Haven't had one in more than a month and are closing in on relegation spots.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Villas-Boas just said live that he didn't want Ntcham to come and offered his resignation. :laugh:
What a circus OM is.

Langoria is doing a great job and probably has the next coach in mind and everyone knows it won't be AVB.

Reactions: Gecklund

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Not happy about the Minamino loan but what can you do. At least he's going to a good environment. Not sure why they bought him.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Not happy about the Minamino loan but what can you do. At least he's going to a good environment. Not sure why they bought him.
They bought him because he was cheap release and thought they could at least double their money for him. Yeah he crazy thing is they still probably can. He only cost 7.25m to bring in

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
The worst thing is that he has shown some good flashes.
Klopp today basically said the reason that Origi keeps getting picked is because they need him for defending set pieces. Which is.....um...he’s the boss

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
The worst thing is that he has shown some good flashes.
Yeah he is a good player, and he looked very good in a couple of games. He's better than Shaqiri and Origi...oh well. Not the first player that Klopp has frozen out of the team that is better than the guys he relies on. It is what it is; every coach has their favourites and quirks.

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
Yeah he is a good player, and he looked very good in a couple of games. He's better than Shaqiri and Origi...oh well. Not the first player that Klopp has frozen out of the team that is better than the guys he relies on. It is what it is; every coach has their favourites and quirks.
Shaqiri has been contributing more offensively though.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Shaqiri has been contributing more offensively though.
He's definitely been an interesting player. He had that amazing assist for Salah's goal but was mostly very bad aside from that. Sometimes you need that sort of moment of brilliance and he's done it before in key moments. I'd still rather have the consistently better player as over time it should amount to better results.

Epictetus

YNWA
Jan 2, 2010
Ontario
Minamino rightfully went out on loan. He wasn't playing.
I don't see the fit here with Liverpool either, he looks like he'd play better with or off a striker. Southampton can offer that with Ings.

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
Villas-Boas just said live that he didn't want Ntcham to come and offered his resignation. :laugh:
What a circus OM is.
Did this actually happen? I thought it was too good be true when I saw it earlier.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Did this actually happen? I thought it was too good be true when I saw it earlier.
It did. Hilarious.
AVB basically said he didn't want Ntcham, that he was not even close to the list of players he wanted to replace Sanson and that as such, he offered his resignation. He said he didn't want Mc Court money, he just wanted to leave. Said OM made some ridiculous moves in the transfer market in the 2-3 years before he came in.
He said he'd wait for the OM boss to accept his resignation and that until then he would work for the Lens game. He added it had nothing to do with last weekend's events.

Then we just learnt that OM's president said AVB's behaviour is unacceptable and that he's going to be fined and prosecuted. No idea where they're going. Somemone offers his resignation do it instead of firing him and giving him more money.
But then again, it's OM. Always good for a laugh.

Reactions: gary69

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
Klopp today basically said the reason that Origi keeps getting picked is because they need him for defending set pieces. Which is.....um...he’s the boss

I mean, with midfielders playing central defender, and none of them all that tall (well, Fabinho isn't short... though I don't' know that he out muscles the oppositions central defenders on set pieces) Origi does offer something in providing someone big and physical in the set piece game.

That said, I think you can read more into it and identify that he (Minamino) just isn't ready to play the physical game defensively that Liverpool demand. I mean, even Salah works his tail off defending (you could see that in the West Ham match) when it's required. Minamino might have the want to, but I don't know that he has the ability to do it for what Klopp wants.

I do think there's a roll to play for him in Liverpool down the road, but it will have to be decided this summer when Shaqiri and Origi do move on.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
It's been coming the last season or two, but it looks like Dortmund is going to revamp the goalkeeper position. The problem is that the candidates this summer are not that good. Hopefully Zorc can get this one right.

Bild claims the candidates are Gulacsi, Onana, and Vlachodimos. No thanks on Onana. I think he's very overrated. Never liked his game. I think Gulacsi is the best goalkeeper in the Bundesliga that doesn't play at Bayern, but he's 30 years old. He's probably only helpful for another 2-3 seasons. Would be a very short-term fix. Vlachodimos is a former German youth international that now plays for the Greek Senior team, came up in the Stuttgart system before moving to Benfica. I don't watch the Portuguese league, so I don't know how good he is, but he's been highly rated coming up the ranks and he's only 26. If he's good, that'd be my preference. If not, activate Gulacsi's clause.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad