Transfer: Winter Transfer Thread Part I - Featuring Less Therapy and More Transfers

John Pedro

Feb 6, 2014
São Paulo
Anthony probaly goes to Dortmund/Lyon or similar clubs. But can BVB/Lyon pay 50m e? Anthony is gonna cost that. People can talk down eredivisie all the want but Anthony is looking crazy good in CL and with Brazil NT aswell.

I think PL is too physical for him...so hopefully he stays away from that league.

I dont think the biggest clubs is gonna get him right away (Juve, Bayern, PSG etc)

I don't know if PL is too physical for him, heck, if Martinelli can hold his own and start at winger for a club like Arsenal... plus, guys like Smith Rowe and Odegaard aren't strong either, and neither have Antony pace and skill. I could see him having a Mahrez type of impact in the PL, find them pretty similar too. As a Arsenal sympathizer, I'd love to see him at Arsenal, don't know if he would like to downgrade, tho. Arsenal needs UCL to pull guys like him and Bruno Guimarães

If he goes to Bayern and they give to him the juice they had Goretzka and Davies on, watch out. He's become much stronger since joining Ajax (his shot has improved a lot bc of it), but still has room to fillout

Reactions: Eye of Ra

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Rumors are that TFC has officially placed a bid to sign Insigne as a DP. Insinge is my favourite player outside of teams I support, if I can watch him week in and out in Toronto I will be beyond excited.

Not getting my hopes up but my goodness what a signing that would be!

phisherman

Apr 17, 2015
Rumors are that TFC has officially placed a bid to sign Insigne as a DP. Insinge is my favourite player outside of teams I support, if I can watch him week in and out in Toronto I will be beyond excited.

Don't like his age and also what's up with them trying to sign Giovinco clones?

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Barça have some work to do, but a lot of kneejerk reactions out there. Not surprising considering how these things go.

That's horrible.

Also rumors he wants to sell FDJ and Ter Stegen.

Well there are lot of rumors today. I mean if you believe them all we'll be without a GK. I think we need a little more time to see how much smoke is around these.

Weirdly personal and off-base language for sure, but the underlying sentiment isn't totally wrong. The leash guys like Pique and Busquets have are insane. Only more awkward when you consider they and Xavi are former teammates.

Playing a guy out of position and then picking him as the public scapegoat is a Mourinho move.

Leash is understandable if you look at the squad and watch the team regularly. That said we're very near the end of it.

Nothing public about it unless there's a quote from him out there that he made publicly. That was Koeman and this was just someone "reporting" the news on social "media".

I would consider selling Ter Stegen if a crazy offer came in

Of course, but I think people who would sell without a crazy offer need to think about what happens when he's gone. People have short memories and are short-sighted if they think offloading Ter Stegen is a must at any cost.

I also think if the club is going to start selling they should get rid of the dead wood first and foremost. Then if you can bring in new players see how the more established players are doing.

Basement Cat

Frank Drebin
Nov 3, 2008
Hoboken, NJ

Would love this signing for MLS. He would wreck the league for 2 years. Giovinco-level.

phisherman

Apr 17, 2015
He would be one of the best players to make the move to MLS ever. He is still a key component for club and county.

The singing would be amazing!

Oh definitely. Just seems like they're always trying to literally find players built like Giovinco.

And I do wish they could find a DP a bit younger.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
The point is to get Barca out of their debt problems so they can be a world super power again!
This is just nonsense. But im amazed at how many accountants who work for barca that post here. I guess it makes sense given their stupid moves recently.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Oh definitely. Just seems like they're always trying to literally find players built like Giovinco.

And I do wish they could find a DP a bit younger.
I guess I just don't really see the problem there. Seba was obviously a resounding success and was the perfect target for a DP player.

Young DP's of Insigne's caliber are hard to find. Totally get the sentiment though.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
You’re missing the point
Sorry, but I think you are.
Barca is not rating Mats as high as you do most likely. He has been at best average for a while, and he's bound to be sent packing along with most big salaries. Pique and Busquets should be in that boat except they won't for obvious reasons that have nothing to do with the pitch.
Unfortunately for Barca, no big team will spent big money for Mats, something that would have happenned a while ago, but not anymore.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Sorry, but I think you are.
Barca is not rating Mats as high as you do most likely.

Speculative at best....

He has been at best average for a while.

Not at all. Opinion based.

and he's bound to be sent packing along with most big salaries. Pique and Busquets

You miss spelled pique and Busi with Sam/Lenglet and Coutinho.

should be in that boat except they won't for obvious reasons that have nothing to do with the pitch.
Unfortunately for Barca, no big team will spent big money for Mats, something that would have happenned a while ago, but not anymore.
The point was that he isn't for sale and if he were to be sold it would be for big money. Most likely no one is offering this big money so barca happily take a seat. And to @les Habs point who would replace him? Imagine you have structural damage to a house but the first order of business is to get a freshly coated paint on the walls. This is what is being suggest atm.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
No big team is going to spend big money on Mats right now.

Right now as in January, probably not. Maybe in the Summer, but it would depend on your definition of "big money" and some of the clubs I'm thinking of might not be losing their GKs.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Simply put, who can spend a lot in today's football?
PSG, Real (somewhat), Liverpool, City, Chelsea, etc... None would be interested in a 30 year old (next summer) declining goalie, asking for a big salary and inferior to their current starter (though I don't rate Ederson, but Pep does).

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
I don't know if PL is too physical for him, heck, if Martinelli can hold his own and start at winger for a club like Arsenal... plus, guys like Smith Rowe and Odegaard aren't strong either, and neither have Antony pace and skill. I could see him having a Mahrez type of impact in the PL, find them pretty similar too. As a Arsenal sympathizer, I'd love to see him at Arsenal, don't know if he would like to downgrade, tho. Arsenal needs UCL to pull guys like him and Bruno Guimarães

If he goes to Bayern and they give to him the juice they had Goretzka and Davies on, watch out. He's become much stronger since joining Ajax (his shot has improved a lot bc of it), but still has room to fillout

do you think Anthony should be a start player for Brazilian NT?

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00