Transfer: Winter Transfer Thread Part I - Featuring Less Therapy and More Transfers

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Speculative at best....

Not at all. Opinion based.

You miss spelled pique and Busi with Sam/Lenglet and Coutinho.

The point was that he isn't for sale and if he were to be sold it would be for big money. Most likely no one is offering this big money so barca happily take a seat. And to @les Habs point who would replace him? Imagine you have structural damage to a house but the first order of business is to get a freshly coated paint on the walls. This is what is being suggest atm.
Opinion based? Well to deny it is also opinion based :D
When I said "along with others", I think it was clear who I was refering to. :dunno:
And my point is that Barca would probably sell him if they could get 40M for him. But they won't.

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
This is just nonsense. But im amazed at how many accountants who work for barca that post here. I guess it makes sense given their stupid moves recently.

It's obviously meant in jest. But the only reason to sell him, is to try and clear the salary and bring in a cheaper counter part (or potentially raise cash to make moves, as while they have moved a lot salary, liquidity is still an issue).

I don't think any of the high wage, high profile goalies are really movable. It's been shown that you can get someone for less, and teams who do have money don't really need an upgrade. Who is likely interested in him?

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Don't see why. His salary is a problem and right now, he's not worth it. Getting 40M and dump his salary is a positive.
And who would they get to replace him? His Salary is hardly a problem. He's not making Coutinho money.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
And who would they get to replace him? His Salary is hardly a problem. He's not making Coutinho money.
8-10M (roughly, according to different sources) a year is a problem. And yes, you can get a good young goalie for MUCH cheaper and save a lot of salary.

John Pedro

Feb 6, 2014
São Paulo
do you think Anthony should be a start player for Brazilian NT?

Raphinha has been Brazil's best player in recent games, so I'd stick with him. Tite has used him as LW before, but he prefers Paqueta there and Vinicius Jr been playing great this season. I'm pretty biased about him, but still don't see him starting yet

Vini-Matheus Cunha-Raphinha is my preferable trio, Tite probably gonna go with Paqueta as a wide midfielder, Neymar as number 10 and Raphinha RW with a CF spot that's open for grab.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
8-10M (roughly, according to different sources) a year is a problem. And yes, you can get a good young goalie for MUCH cheaper and save a lot of salary.
Some have him at around 5 million.... Saving a couple of million while employing the likes of Dembele, Sam and coutinho seems counterproductive. Like I said its akin to painting walls on a home that has structural damage.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Don't know why you're making a Uturn here. I never said they should keep Dembele, Umiti or Coutinho. I clearly said they should go as well.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Yet you fixated on Busi/Pique/Frenkie and MAtS.
:dunno:
he's bound to be sent packing along with most big salaries
Not sure what's not clear here...
Busquets and Pique should not start anymore and they're nto worth their salaries. Like Mats, Dembele, Umtiti, Lenglet, and many others.
All should be dumped, but we know Pique and Busquets won't.
Now, when FDJ and Mats are sold and Pique and Busquets aren't dumped, you might understand the depth of the problem.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
There is a massive massive difference Pique and co compared to Sam and his clown car. It's a joke that you would suggest otherwise.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Simply put, who can spend a lot in today's football?
PSG, Real (somewhat), Liverpool, City, Chelsea, etc... None would be interested in a 30 year old (next summer) declining goalie, asking for a big salary and inferior to their current starter (though I don't rate Ederson, but Pep does).

I was thinking potentially Bayern or United.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Newcastle will take Coutinho off your hands. But you have to take 50M for him and Ter Stegan, yes or no?

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Newcastle is actually a good bet for Mats (Coutinho too), but I doubt he's interested to go there (Couts might be though).

phisherman

Apr 17, 2015
I guess I just don't really see the problem there. Seba was obviously a resounding success and was the perfect target for a DP player.

Young DP's of Insigne's caliber are hard to find. Totally get the sentiment though.

I was leaning towards style. Like they're purposely going for short, shifty players. Soteldo hasn't worked out so far but Insigne would be great.

Reactions: robertmac43

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York

None of what he’s saying about Adeyemi is contrary to what’s been reported for weeks, but this guys M.O. is so clear. Every local reporter has been reporting this stuff for weeks, and he swoops in with his big following to act as if he’s breaking some news.

His interests are serving the Premier League, the European giants outside of the Premier League (PSG, Barcelona, Madrid, Bayern), and the agents that give him all this info.

His reporting on Haaland has so obviously been coming from interested clubs or his grubby agent. Local reports have stated for months that Adeyemi is not viewed as a replacement for Haaland in any way.

Meanwhile, this guy is too caught up with the big interests to realize that. He doesn’t think about how other clubs view it, so he’s gotten that one completely wrong. We are not buying this guy to replace Haaland. Yet another loss for Romano.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York

He can talk all he wants. Raiola doesn’t control anything. The big interests media had been reporting for months that there was some low release clause in his contract because they think only certain clubs matter. Now, they’ve been repudiated by reliable sources and are starting to backtrack on what they’ve said.

I don’t think a personality like Haaland is going to be pushed around by him and he certainly cannot do that to us when there’s no release clause. He can go shove it. He’s now making public comments because he’s seeing there’s a chance he might not receive any commission this summer.

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
BVB needs to upgrade their offensive, thats for sure. Reus is not what he once was. Reyna is talented but not there yet. Moukoko is still very young, Malen have been a disappointment and Hazard is nothing special.

The dream scenario would be to keep Haaland and add Adeyemi and Anthony. That attack would be deadly.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad