Transfer: Winter Transfer Thread Part I - Featuring Less Therapy and More Transfers

KlausJopling

Feb 17, 2003
CT
Visit site
In actual news James Rodriguez is set to join Al Rayyan in Qatar.

In confirmed transfers at least out of MLS this upcoming window.
- Tajon Buchanan will move to Club Brugge
- Caden Clark will move to Leipzig (though i think there are rumors he may stay another year in NY)
- Chris Mueller is joining Hibernian after his contract expires

In MLS rumors
- Ricardo Pepi going somewhere (still think he might be too young, but as the top American scorer in MLS at 18 and probably getting some more games in the next few qualifying windows he will continue to get attention, plus the fact FC Dallas has never been shy about selling their academy products)
- Daryl Dike going somewhere (has been injured since returning from England but rumors are he is set on returning, who knows though)
- Thiago Almada to Atlanta United (rumors since his summer move fell through because of VISA issues. The difference between then and now is the Designated Player situation. Assumption was they'd move Barco to free up a slot for Almada. The difference now is since they fired Heinze Barco has arguably been the best player in the MLS. So I think if they don't get a bit offer for Barco they stay with him instead.)

Last edited:

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
I don’t see any way we sell him.

I would certainly hope not, but there was talk yesterday of Juventus and Atletico being after him and Arsenal being willing to part with him for somewhere in the neighbourhood of 40M, and much as it sounds ridiculous, it's put me in a bad mood nonetheless...

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC
I would certainly hope not, but there was talk yesterday of Juventus and Atletico being after him and Arsenal being willing to part with him for somewhere in the neighbourhood of 40M, and much as it sounds ridiculous, it's put me in a bad mood nonetheless...

Juve is broke. Wouldn’t worry about them.

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
Yeah I saw that too but I can’t imagine it’s anything more than tabloid fodder. Not only would we not sell him but for 40M? Come on.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach

Though I do think that the Munchen kid will eventually return to his childhood club and play for Bayern, I can't say that I would be disappointed to see him joining you guys or Liverpool next...at least if he's actually as ready to play for a club of that stature as he is looking this season, which I think he is.

Adding Olmo & Adeyemi would certainly upgrade the talent you can stick in front of Pedri, Frenkie, & Gavi, even if Erling ends up too expensive.

Reactions: Duchene2MacKinnon

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
I mean, if Madrid can afford Mbappe and Haaland, I guess Barca can get Olmo and Adeyemi? Right?

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
What's the rumoured price?

I've only read journalists speculating about it...so nothing from Salzburg...but, I've seen around 30-40M euros floated. So around 100-115M for both him & Olmo, which would be good business if you've got the money for it.

Last edited:

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
I've only read journalists speculating about it...so nothing from Salzburg...but, I've seen around 30-40M euros floated. So around 100M for both him & Olmo, which would be good business if you've got the money for it.
Which should be doable

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Bayern would be ridiculously stupid to sell. I mean if Sancho went for 100 million, then Adeyemi most definitely can a year or two from now.

You never know how children will mature, so we can't say for sure that it mattered, but getting kicked out of Bayern's academy is likely to have been the wake-up call that a young Adeyemi needed before going to Unterhaching; where he won his move to Salzburg...the club for which he currently plays.

Though there's plenty of rumors suggesting that his return to Baveria is just a matter of time, it hasn't happened yet and I can certainly see him making 1 more stop before rejoining his hometown team...though I won't be surprised if he goes straight to Bayern to play for Nagelsmann.

Reactions: S E P H

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
The lawsuit between his former agents has confirmed that Werner almost signed with Bayern in 2019 and that Liverpool was pushing for him not to sign an extension with Leipzig, so he could join them on a free in the summer of 2020.

Süle has also gotten caught up in the reporting on this, as his desire for an EPL move that summer (2019), has also been confirmed...wonder if being disappointed about that played into his stagnation these past two seasons.

In other news, 17yo Fabio Blanco is reportedly dissatisfied with his role at Frankfurt and looking to move in the winter.

Last edited:

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
In an interview with Bild, Florian Wirtz' father & agent, Hans-Joachim, has said that Florian is completely focused on Bayer & the NT for the next two years, as he has no release clause, but that nobody knows what will happen after that.

He's under contract until 2026, so I'm not sure if Papa Wirtz is implying that there will be a release clause which kicks in the summer of 2023 or 2024; or just recognizing that at some point they will start looking at moving on...be that by asking for a move, running down his contract, or insisting on a release clause in an future extensions...but that for the next two years it's not even a consideration.

I'm guessing the latter, but I've only read articles about the interview. Gunna need to read the original transcript on Bild to see if there's more meat to the quotes I've seen...and also to clarify if he means two more seasons after this one, or just this season & the next one.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
The lawsuit between his former agents has confirmed that Werner almost signed with Bayern in 2019 and that Liverpool was pushing for him not to sign an extension with Leipzig, so he could join them on a free in the summer of 2020.

Süle has also gotten caught up in the reporting on this, as his desire for an EPL move that summer (2019), has also been confirmed...wonder if being disappointed about that played into his stagnation these past two seasons.

In other news, 17yo Fabio Blanco is reportedly dissatisfied with his role at Frankfurt and looking to move in the winter.
Similar to what was coming out of the Liverpool news regarding Werner. COVID dried up the money for them to pay the release clause so I guess that is what the further conversations pertained to. At least they were able to get Diogo Jota instead though.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Similar to what was coming out of the Liverpool news regarding Werner. COVID dried up the money for them to pay the release clause so I guess that is what the further conversations pertained to. At least they were able to get Diogo Jota instead though.

Yeah, the german press had similar reports at the time, but it's interesting when the details of transfers & near-transfers come up in court so that we can know for absolutely sure what was going on.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad