Transfer: Winter Transfer Thread Part I - Featuring Less Therapy and More Transfers

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Honestly, I think the squad is fairly talented. Needs another CM but there's a bunch of talent there. And you can see it when they're playing well
Agreed. If they were in the BuLi, they might even have a chance at that CL spot when we get back into the top 4.

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Anthony probaly goes to Dortmund/Lyon or similar clubs. But can BVB/Lyon pay 50m e? Anthony is gonna cost that. People can talk down eredivisie all the want but Anthony is looking crazy good in CL and with Brazil NT aswell.

I think PL is too physical for him...so hopefully he stays away from that league.

I dont think the biggest clubs is gonna get him right away (Juve, Bayern, PSG etc)

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Anthony probaly goes to Dortmund/Lyon or similar clubs. But can BVB/Lyon pay 50m e? Anthony is gonna cost that. People can talk down eredivisie all the want but Anthony is looking crazy good in CL and with Brazil NT aswell.

I think PL is too physical for him...so hopefully he stays away from that league.

I dont think the biggest clubs is gonna get him right away (Juve, Bayern, PSG etc)

I don’t think we’d try to sign him after how he acted in getting Hummels sent off. He was completely unprofessional and a lot of our important leaders criticized him.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
I would pay a premium just for the entertainment value lol.

Reactions: Eye of Ra

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
BVB being linked to Nico Schlotterbeck by Sport Bild. They've apparently touched base with Hertha about Stark as well, but that EPL money is likely to see him leaving Germany's capital for England's.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach

Antony & Adeyemi are supposedly Bayern's top targets to replace Coman in their attack. So if Karim picks Barca or BVB, and Bayern can't extend Coman at a price they like, I think he could very much be in the cards for the muncheners.

Reactions: Eye of Ra

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
BVB being linked to Nico Schlotterbeck by Sport Bild. They've apparently touched base with Hertha about Stark as well, but that EPL money is likely to see him leaving Germany's capital for England's.

I don’t buy the idea that we are interested in Stark. Schlotterbeck, sure, but didn’t he say he’d move to Bayern when he leaves?

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
I don’t buy the idea that we are interested in Stark. Schlotterbeck, sure, but didn’t he say he’d move to Bayern when he leaves?

My guess is you kicked the tires on Stark when you ended up with Pongracic and that's just getting recirculated as new news.

I think Nico's been linked to Bayern as well and he's made comments about the big clubs coming for him if he keeps it up, but I don't remember him saying anything that specific.

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
I think Nico's been linked to Bayern as well and he's made comments about the big clubs coming for him if he keeps it up, but I don't remember him saying anything that specific.

I’m not sure either. I saw someone on twitter state as such, but didn’t see the comments myself. He’s a very good player. I certainly wouldn’t mind adding him, if he’d join.

Reactions: luiginb

samabam

May 3, 2006
Munich
I’m not sure either. I saw someone on twitter state as such, but didn’t see the comments myself. He’s a very good player. I certainly wouldn’t mind adding him, if he’d join.

The actual statement was that in the long term he has the ambition to play for the best team in Germany, which just got blown way out of proportion. In Freiburg people understood that as a sign of an ambitious young player who wants to be the best and play for the best, but nothing pointing to him wanting to go to Bayern as soon as next summer.
Same as with Ginter 2014 I would think N.Schlotterbeck would be better off staying one more year with Freiburg, especially if they play international. He plays great, no question, but so far this season the whole collective in Freiburg has been working well, it's not that he is outstanding in the Freiburg Defense, he is very good, sure, but Lienhart, Günter, Eggestein, Höfler, Flekken (!!) and also all of the offense players (Höler is very good against the ball and even Grifo has made big strides helping out Günter defensively) are a big part that Schlotterbeck has a great season.

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006

I can see why xavi wasn’t pleased with him, but he did start him out of position. He could’ve corrected this but choose to put on Oscar. Either way I can see the argument for it

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014

I can see why xavi wasn’t pleased with him, but he did start him out of position. He could’ve corrected this but choose to put on Oscar. Either way I can see the argument for it

Comment stream on that post is entertaining. “Catalan pigs”. Ouch.

KlausJopling

Feb 17, 2003
CT
Visit site

Yeah, i thought Dest started the season pretty good at RB. But once he went to wing he has gotten progressively worse. Yesterday he looked like a guy who didnt know where he was supposed to be on the field. He is not gonna learn how to be a right back by playing wing because to two things he is worse out (defending and making those later off the ball runs like Alba he isnt gonna learn playing out of position). If they sell him they need to buy a replacement because Oscar isnt in and he is gonna kill poor Araujo if he needs to cover that much ground as a RB.

Also rumors he wants to sell FDJ and Ter Stegen.

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
Comment stream on that post is entertaining. “Catalan pigs”. Ouch.
Weirdly personal and off-base language for sure, but the underlying sentiment isn't totally wrong. The leash guys like Pique and Busquets have are insane. Only more awkward when you consider they and Xavi are former teammates.

Playing a guy out of position and then picking him as the public scapegoat is a Mourinho move.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad