Winter Transfer Rumors and Discussion Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
I mean, 30 isn't awful for him in today's market.

He's still quite young at 27, but I think his legs are done. Maybe in a league where pace isn't completely the biggest deal, (I would say Italy would be best for that) he could get comfortable again.

As far as Liverpool are concerned, the wish probably is that he would be willing to take the stupid money from China. But I don't think that's likely.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
I mean, 30 isn't awful for him in today's market.

He's still quite young at 27, but I think his legs are done. Maybe in a league where pace isn't completely the biggest deal, (I would say Italy would be best for that) he could get comfortable again.

As far as Liverpool are concerned, the wish probably is that he would be willing to take the stupid money from China. But I don't think that's likely.

30m isn´t awful for a club with Qatar money, but for anyone else that is a horrible deal in my opinion.

No doubt he has the talent to be worth that kind of money (and a lot more), but then you got to "calculate" the likelihood that he will ever be back to his best.

Even fairly big clubs like Spurs and Arsenal haven´t bought that many players for 30m+. Huge risk. For some reason there is always a club that seems willing to spend though (even on Rooney).

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
PSG would be humiliated to buy Moussa Dembélé 40M€ after letting him go for nothing because they thought he wasn't good enough. Same for Coman.

So many mistakes in their player evaluation :facepalm:
Apparently, if you're not south-american, you're not good enough.

Luigi Habs

Captain Saku
Jul 30, 2005
Montreal
PSG would be humiliated to buy Moussa Dembélé 40M€ after letting him go for nothing because they thought he wasn't good enough. Same for Coman.

Didn't preven Man utd to throw 100M at Pogba

Luigi Habs

Captain Saku
Jul 30, 2005
Montreal

Speaking of South Americans. Doesn't L1 have a rule no more than 4 non EUs? How come PSG have so many south americans? Some have dual citizenship?

Alex Jones

BIG BOWL 'A CHILI!!
Jun 8, 2009
Conspiratron 9000
I have always been a huge fan of Sturridge, but he has no ability to create his own shots anymore. You have to feed him chances because of his immobility. With the right system he could score goals, but to me he's a better fit for MLS/China.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
His contract is up in a year so that would be an overpayment and he's asking for massive wages. Besides, Liverpool need to make the CL first.

Edit: :laugh: Didn't see the "2" at the end there.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
His contract is up in a year so that would be an overpayment and he's asking for massive wages. Besides, Liverpool need to make the CL first.

Edit: :laugh: Didn't see the "2" at the end there.

Liverpool with Sanchez really could win the league. It might be worth it to them.

Sanchez-Firmino-Mane
Coutinho-Henderson-Lallana

Would be too much for most of the teams in the league. That frontline themselves gets 45-50 goals themselves

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Liverpool with Sanchez really could win the league. It might be worth it to them.

Sanchez-Firmino-Mane

Would be too much for most of the teams in the league. That frontline themselves gets 45-50 goals themselves

How can he play as CB?

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Sign van Dijk and the defensive problems are solved.

Sanchez isn't going to go to Liverpool though. He didn't want to go because of the location. First sign I got that he thinks he's Billy Bigshot, then all the other stuff came later.

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
Sign van Dijk and the defensive problems are solved.

Sanchez isn't going to go to Liverpool though. He didn't want to go because of the location. First sign I got that he thinks he's Billy Bigshot, then all the other stuff came later.

tbf Liverpool is a dump

Havre

Jul 24, 2011

Sanchez-Firmino-Mane

That is not a real life line-up IMO. I think today's lineup lacks defensive quality and you just made worse.

Sanchez would improve Pool of course, but not sure why you would spend more money in an area they are well set. That money should go towards two defenders, a cm and a forward.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
That is not a real life line-up IMO. I think today's lineup lacks defensive quality and you just made worse.

Sanchez would improve Pool of course, but not sure why you would spend more money in an area they are well set. That money should go towards two defenders, a cm and a forward.

Liverpool defend with their press. Everyone in there presses incredibly well and would be playing in their best positions. Liverpool will need to fix their defense but there aren't a whole lot of names connected yet. It will happen though.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010

Sanchez-Firmino-Mane

Put Coutinho in place of Lallana and Wijnaldum in place of Coutinho and it looks good.

Sanchez - Firmino - Mané
Wijnaldum - Coutinho
Henderson​

Coutinho needs to shoot less and work more on creating space/passing to get back to his best form. He's become way too selfish. Lallana had a fine streak and probably will have a few but if we want to challenge for a title he's a squad player.

Though this is fantasy land because we're not getting Sanchez.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
Liverpool defend with their press. Everyone in there presses incredibly well and would be playing in their best positions. Liverpool will need to fix their defense but there aren't a whole lot of names connected yet. It will happen though.

Doesn´t mean players don´t have to tackle and understand how to position themselves defensively.

It is different being the first defender in such a setup and being the one that steps into the space that might be threatened if the press fails. Coutinho does the first thing well enough, but doesn´t mean he would work in a central midfield role.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
I have always been a huge fan of Sturridge, but he has no ability to create his own shots anymore. You have to feed him chances because of his immobility. With the right system he could score goals, but to me he's a better fit for MLS/China.

Sturridge and Giovinco sounds amazing to me! :nod:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad