Winter Transfer Rumors and Discussion Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
That's the number I read yes.
Though I'm pretty sure it's just english papers hoping for the best.
Otherwise PSG's transfer committee is worse than I thought.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Reddy said PSG made a loan approach in winter for Sturridge. If there is a summer bid there will be a sale.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Sturridge has very bad legs, but is a great finisher and could still score a crapload of goals playing for the right team.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Sturridge has very bad legs, but is a great finisher and could still score a crapload of goals playing for the right team.
But he's old, injured and PSG could dip into the L1 market and pay half the price for someone younger and healthy.
But PSG NEVER buys in L1 :facepalm:

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
But he's old, injured and PSG could dip into the L1 market and pay half the price for someone younger and healthy.

He's only 27, but yeah I would love it if PSG bought Sturridge, especially if they ignored their local market. PSG might even be a good place for him anyway, with other players willing to do the dirty work for him and he can act mostly as a poacher and have a bit of freedom to roam. Though how long he stays healthy would be the real question for them.

Power Man

Grrrr
Sep 30, 2008
221B Baker Street

Maybe it's a good they don't buy in L1 (well they did buy Kurzawa).

We have seen Juventus and Bayern- teams that were already dominating their respective leagues- increasing the gap further by acquiring their rivals' top players and weakening the competition

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Liverpool should definitely dump Sturridge. When some were laughably having a go at Liverpool a few weeks back I was thinking of the squad and Sturridge being sold came to mind right away. I was thinking to another PL side though as I didn't think PSG would actually be interested.

We have seen Juventus and Bayern- teams that were already dominating their respective leagues- increasing the gap further by acquiring their rivals' top players and weakening the competition

Yet they can outspend the competition regardless.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France

In a way yeah, but other teams will buy out of L1 anyway.
Since L1 is arguably the best market for top teams, it's absolutely idiotic for PSG to buy foreigners who are more expensive and probably not better.
Case in point : they bought Lucas instead of Hazard. They bought Meunier instead of Corchia. They bought Jese instead of Dembélé.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
And now they want Naby Keita for 25M€+.
While he was available for 1.5M€ when he was in France. :shakehead

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
In a way yeah, but other teams will buy out of L1 anyway.
Since L1 is arguably the best market for top teams, it's absolutely idiotic for PSG to buy foreigners who are more expensive and probably not better.
Case in point : they bought Lucas instead of Hazard. They bought Meunier instead of Corchia. They bought Jese instead of Dembélé.

You could make such a list for every league - if you cherry pick the successes.

There is absolutely no way that you will find a cheap striker in France being better than the Sturridge from 13-14 (any striker in France if you ask me - including Cavani and Lacazette). Then you got to ask yourself how often will that Sturridge show up over the next 3-4 years?

If you assume he will just continue being "lost" as he is today - then sure - you will find players in Denmark that could outperform him - and many in France.

I don't think Sturridge will ever consistently live up to his potential, but I guess Qatar can afford to take a gamble so...

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Wait, you're saying Sturridge is better than Cavani and Lacazette :amazed:

No, you can't make the same list for every league because L1 is the league that produces the most talent these days. And since it's quite affordable overall (much more than say english young talent), it's stupid by PSG not to buy L1. Monaco did and I'd say they did pretty well (Mendy, Sidibé, Lemar, Bakayoko, etc...).

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
Wait, you're saying Sturridge is better than Cavani and Lacazette :amazed:

No, you can't make the same list for every league because L1 is the league that produces the most talent these days. And since it's quite affordable overall (much more than say english young talent), it's stupid by PSG not to buy L1. Monaco did and I'd say they did pretty well (Mendy, Sidibé, Lemar, Bakayoko, etc...).

Haha. Why even bother replying if you are not going to read my post? I guess that :amazed: "amazed" smiley is quite fitting.

I agree that the volume of "talents" is higher in France just because the league is weaker. You could quite easily build a half decent team in the PL as well if you picked players that came through youth teams (assuming you bought them before breaking out) and/or players first being successful at one of the "smaller" clubs. Bale, Pogba, Alli, Mane, Kane etc. - would be half decent.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Haha. Why even bother replying if you are not going to read my post? I guess that :amazed: "amazed" smiley is quite fitting.

"no way that you will find a cheap striker in France being better than the Sturridge from 13-14 (any striker in France if you ask me - including Cavani and Lacazette)"

ANY striker, including Cavani and Lacazette.
Either your sentence is badly written, or at least there's a lot of doubt as to how to interpret it.

I agree that the volume of "talents" is higher in France just because the league is weaker.
What? "JUST BECAUSE"? No, the volume of young talents is higher because France has the best academies in the world. Period.
France has the most professionnal players in Europe in the top 5 league.

You could quite easily build a half decent team in the PL as well if you picked players that came through youth teams (assuming you bought them before breaking out) and/or players first being successful at one of the "smaller" clubs. Bale, Pogba, Alli, Mane, Kane etc. - would be half decent.
Are we talking about the Mané that comes from Metz and the Pogba that comes from Le Havre?:laugh:

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
"no way that you will find a cheap striker in France being better than the Sturridge from 13-14 (any striker in France if you ask me - including Cavani and Lacazette)"

ANY striker, including Cavani and Lacazette.
Either your sentence is badly written, or at least there's a lot of doubt as to how to interpret it.

What? "JUST BECAUSE"? No, the volume of young talents is higher because France has the best academies in the world. Period.
France has the most professionnal players in Europe in the top 5 league.

Are we talking about the Mané that comes from Metz and the Pogba that comes from Le Havre?:laugh:

Where is the doubt? Not saying everyone would have to agree that Sturridge in 13-14 is better than anything Cavani and Lacazette have done so far, but hardly that shocking of an opinion.

Of course it is easier for a young player to get an opportunity in France than in England. Not saying that PL clubs are all that clever with the way they do things (Southampton and Spurs have shown that it is more than possible to bring more youngsters through - Arsenal have shown it before), but the league with the most money will always spend less on future projects. The failure in England is the Championship with its ridiculous schedule which is not well suited for development at all (that is another discussion).

You mean the Hazard from Belgium?

And again - why don't you read what I write? I said players that came through "smaller" clubs in the same league as well. You are arguing the case for Hazard being bought by a bigger French club. The same way a bigger English club bought Mane. So my example is valid.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Have you noticed Cavani is the best scorer in Europe? Wondering... Even Savi has shut his mouth :D

Hazard's been to a french academy, sorry to bring you the news.

If you think the only difference between young french talent and young english talent is opportunities, you're either blind, or quite funny. Can't tell which?

Your example is NOT valid.
Hazard was a french academy product, and PSG spent as much money on Lucas than Chelsea on Hazard even though they could have bought him a few times before he left.
They should have bought him. Just like they should have spent the money needed to sign Dembélé. Or Corchia. Those guys are even important for the UEFA CL quotas.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
Not sure what part is NOT valid, but I guess since it is written in caps you are correct and I'm wrong.

Yes. I said the ONLY difference between between France and England is opportunities.

You seem quite knowledgeable about football so I wouldn't mind having discussions with you, but this is getting ridiculous. If EVERY single time you respond to me you got to make up and/or exaggerate what I am saying for then to tell me I am blind etc. I don't really see much point in continuing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad