Winter Transfer Rumors and Discussion Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

yoplait

May 4, 2011
Juve seem close to getting this youngster. Not that I think its that newsworthy. However, I just wanted a reason to post this. Defender bit so bad he face planted, you don't see that too often.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Liverpool round up:

Strongest link is Pulisic

Middle links are Promes & Brandt

Weakest are Jesé, Azmoun, Forsberg

Outgoing: Ilori (to Reading), Sakho (numerous suitors; LFC want 20m)

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Walker and Rose linked to Man United. Rose linked to Man City.

Spurs would be stupid to sell either to another Premier League team.

Spurs is finally putting together a perennial top 4 contender. They have the best defense in the Premier League, and a lot of that is because they have the best RB and LB in the Premier League. Why would they get rid of two of their best players? They need to improve their team, not make it worse. They need more attacking players as good as Alli and Kane.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Why would Liverpool even waste their time on Brandt? He's obviously going to Bayern whenever he leave 'kusen.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Would take Promes over Brandt and Pulisic anyway not even sure why he's not already bought if those are the three they have real interest in. Promes is better, young, and can still improve. Pulisic and Brandt will never be better than him.

Edo

The Mightiest Club
Jun 7, 2003
vancouver
wowhockey.com
Walker and Rose linked to Man United. Rose linked to Man City.

Spurs would be stupid to sell either to another Premier League team.

Spurs is finally putting together a perennial top 4 contender. They have the best defense in the Premier League, and a lot of that is because they have the best RB and LB in the Premier League. Why would they get rid of two of their best players? They need to improve their team, not make it worse. They need more attacking players as good as Alli and Kane.

One top 4 finish in the last 5 years does not equal perennial. As an example, Arsenal, are a perennial top 4 contender. :naughty:

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Are we talking about the Promes who plays for Spartak? Cause if so, lol. He's got more pace than Brandt, but that's the only place where he isn't clearly outshined by the money grubber.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Why would Liverpool even waste their time on Brandt? He's obviously going to Bayern whenever he leave 'kusen.

Just reporting the names the beat writers have been mentioning most frequently.

Honestly the way this window is developing it seems like it will be Pulisic or nothing. Probably nothing though.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
One top 4 finish in the last 5 years does not equal perennial. As an example, Arsenal, are a perennial top 4 contender. :naughty:

They were the best team in the league last year. This year, they look likely to be in the top 4 in a very good year for the league. I think they are improving.

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
One thing we can say with certainty is that Brandt will never be better than a 25 year old who has never played in a top league.

Means nothing

They were the best team in the league last year. .

No they weren't

I'd like to see an Evilo and Curtinho discussion on Dembele and Promes. :sarcasm:

They are both sure that no one could be better. :laugh:

I'd like to see how the average poster here ranks Dembele vs. Promes. Willing to bet there's a massive gap.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Is someone here doubting again that Dembélé is one of the next big thing in football? :laugh:
HELLO, he was player of the month after 2 months of L1 football at age 18 and then he was player of the month after 4 months in the Bundesliga at age 19 in a new league, new team, new language, new football. HELLO?

In recent memory, nobody was this good this young except Messi.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
No they weren't
They were clearly not the best team in the league, nor even the second best.

I thought they played better over the course of the season than any other team, but at the end, they didn't have the requisite experience to win the league. Leiciester didn't have many players who've won big leagues, but Spurs had a very young side that might've been too inexperienced.

Which side was better? Leicester? I have a hard time considering a team that plays that style to be the best team in the league. There's being good defensively, good tactically, winning low scoring games, and then there's being out possessed by average teams, having very little depth in even just your lineup, playing bad football.

I'd like to see how the average poster here ranks Dembele vs. Promes. Willing to bet there's a massive gap.

Start a poll, if you want. Promes is five years older. Not sure its such a good comparison, although I think Dembele is probably a better player.

Last edited:

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
All that would be missing would be a certain poster signing the praises of Pulisic :sarcasm:

I don't know if you understood the point of my joke or not, I can't figure it out, but my point was nothing about the actual players, I was more making a joke about the tone of those two posters in how sure they are that those players are better than others, so it'd be funny if they argued over that. There wouldn't be any discussion, it would just be declarative statements. Of course, I'm joking, and just generalizing.

I have my own opinions, but I'm not going to say I'm definitely right, and others are wrong. An opinion is only an opinion.

Last edited:

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
No one has said anything about dembele that resembles doubt yet here comes evilo to defend him.

That being said, i might maybe potentially rather have promes for this season but probably not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad