Winter Transfer Rumors and Discussion Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

VEGASKING

Dec 23, 2002
Sin City
www.facebook.com
Had Football Manager open when I saw this and these players in Italy all make at least 100k as of the original start of the game: Buffon, Alves, Mandzukic, De Rossi, Chiellini, Higuain, Marchisio, Bonucci, Jovetic, Hamsik, Pjanic, Dzeko, Icardi, Bacca, Kondogbia, Khedira and Salah. Mostly Juve players.

8 players on Liverpool make that much.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
A return to Chelsea makes sense with how much we are linked to him and other strikers, the amount of links with Costa to other clubs, and the Batshuayi not impressing Conte.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
A return to Chelsea makes sense with how much we are linked to him and other strikers, the amount of links with Costa to other clubs, and the Batshuayi not impressing Conte.

Yes please. Pretty much a perfect fit, especially if Costa goes to China for big money.

Power Man

Grrrr
Sep 30, 2008
221B Baker Street
So apprently Ghoulam wont renew with Napoli; also read he is going to replace his agent with Jorge ****ing Mendes

According to TMW (lol), Man City will prepare a bid but I don't know what to beileve

John Pedro

Feb 6, 2014
São Paulo
Barça already after Vinicius Jr (Flamengo)... here he's been labeled as the next Neymar by the media. He's the top scorer in Sudamericano u17. Only 16y old.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Barça already after Vinicius Jr (Flamengo)... here he's been labeled as the next Neymar by the media. He's the top scorer in Sudamericano u17. Only 16y old.

I saw him play for Brazil U17 against USA U17 a few months ago. I thought he was Brazil's standout player, and it was really noticeable that he was a lot better than his teammates. I can see the Neymar label.

John Pedro

Feb 6, 2014
São Paulo
I saw him play for Brazil U17 against USA U17 a few months ago. I thought he was Brazil's standout player, and it was really noticeable that he was a lot better than his teammates. I can see the Neymar label.

He's head and shoulders above any u20 player in South America... He sure has some of Neymar/Ronaldinho in his game.

giphy.gif

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
Really curious about how Pep's going to rehaul City (figure The Guardian's a pretty reliable source). Seems a constant theme that a wind of change needs to sweep out some of the aging ballast there and it looks like it may actually happen.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Shocking ! Pepe is going to spend a boatload of money !
What woud be even more shocking would be that he spends it wisely.

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
City should find a competent sporting director and group of scouts instead of just handing the money to Pep. Too much responsibility for any manager to identify the right players to overhaul the entire roster.

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC
City should find a competent sporting director and group of scouts instead of just handing the money to Pep. Too much responsibility for any manager to identify the right players to overhaul the entire roster.

His boy has been TD for several years now. And Pep moving to City didn't happen overnight.

That's why I find the "he inherited a terrible team" talk to be BS.

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
His boy has been TD for several years now. And Pep moving to City didn't happen overnight.

That's why I find the "he inherited a terrible team" talk to be BS.

His boy isn't very good though. You think Pep was influencing City's roster choices for years when he was still at Bayern? Highly doubt it.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
His boy isn't very good though. You think Pep was influencing City's roster choices for years when he was still at Bayern? Highly doubt it.

His boy did a pretty sweet job of re-loading the Citeh attack with Sane, Jesus & Moreno. If he can pull in a similar haul for the defense; they'll be a powerhouse sooner than later.

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
His boy did a pretty sweet job of re-loading the Citeh attack with Sane, Jesus & Moreno. If he can pull in a similar haul for the defense; they'll be a powerhouse sooner than later.

They have spent a lot of money on defenders though, and apart from Stones, who is promising but obviously had a badly inflated price, they have largely wasted it. Full backs and midfield were ignored for too long as well.

Their attack is very good and looks set to be very good in the future as well, but they can't get the ball into the right areas if the midfield and defense aren't doing their jobs.

I have no doubt that they will improve through their overhaul, but they will probably make some mistakes and overpay for some players again.

Edo

The Mightiest Club
Jun 7, 2003
vancouver
wowhockey.com
Manchester City was a champion. Pep just isn't that great of a manager. The City roster never needed overhauling.

This new age of football with managers needing to overhaul squads and spend hundreds upon hundreds of millions to "compete" is ridiculous.

Pep is ridiculous.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->