Winter Transfer Rumors and Discussion Part I

Status
Not open for further replies.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Sure, but if you're going to use that argument then you still count Barcelona as better than PSG anyway.

Real/Atletico/Bayern/Barca were all better at least last season.
And PSG was better than Chelsea the year they were beaten. The fact is that PSG was top 4-5 in Europe for the last 4 years but had the "luck" to face Barca twice in the QF, and underchieved against Chelsea and especially City two other times.
They were ousted twice on away goals as well.
They're nowhere near top 5 this year IMO. So far at least.

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
For all his troubles, Emery does know how to get clubs through to the finals. Whether he can do it in the CL is up for debate, but he's a tournament manager.

Ducks Ahoy

Effort = overrated
Jun 9, 2013
Orange County
The whole Aleix Vidal situation is pretty peculiar. Going from this summer where he was rumored to be the clear cut starting RB over Sergi to being virtually outcasted and not even on the bench for matches.

That being said, I'm so happy with how Sergi has progressed. He's a whole new player this season.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
For all his troubles, Emery does know how to get clubs through to the finals. Whether he can do it in the CL is up for debate, but he's a tournament manager.
He has crashed in every single CL season with his previous teams.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Apparently Fabregas is open to a loan move if it is to a big club. I could see him and Juventus being a great match.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Well, that would offer him the ability for more time on the ball and would hide some of his speed issues.

And Juve would benefit from his creativity. I think they could challenge for Champions League if they add him. Their starting lineup would be stacked.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
How would Fabregas improve Juve's starting XI? He'd be another depth player. I thought he wanted to go somewhere to start?

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
How would Fabregas improve Juve's starting XI? He'd be another depth player. I thought he wanted to go somewhere to start?

He'd play more there than at Chelsea because they have Champions League. Fab wants a big club. AC Milan was interested, but I don't think Fab really wanted to go there. It's a loan too, so really not much financial obligation by Juve or anyone else, and worst-case scenario he provides good depth on a CL/domestic run. Best-case he pulls the strings in a sheltered midfield role.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Pjanic is getting ridiculously overrated here. :laugh:
And I do like him and was the first to tell hfboards about him. :nod:
But it's getting ridiculous :laugh:

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Pjanic is certainly not "twice as good" as Fabregas. And I've been among the first to say Fabregas was overrated.
They're very similar players in fact in terms of current level.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Pjanic is certainly not "twice as good" as Fabregas. And I've been among the first to say Fabregas was overrated.
They're very similar players in fact in terms of current level.

Perhaps on talent, but Cesc is in infitely worse form

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Perhaps on talent, but Cesc is in infitely worse form

Because he's injured...

Last season everyone sucked at Chelsea. This season we really haven't been able to see what Fabregas can do. The system has changed and he hasn't been fit to play most of the time. Put Fab in a 3-5-2 and he will thrive at Juve.

Last edited:

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
Pjanic is clearly better than Fabregas imo. World of difference in pressing resistance between the two puts it in Pjanic's favor. Especially in European play.

Edo

The Mightiest Club
Jun 7, 2003
vancouver
wowhockey.com

Pjanic is a footballing genius. Really average physically, but his movement, passing, shooting, vision, etc are :naughty:. He is basically Pirlo.

Jeffrey

Feb 2, 2003
Montreal
Visit site

You could have been the first but you were never convinced about him.
You always said he was not physically strong enough.
He is better than some people give him credit for. Just like you never gave that much credit to Payet until after he left OM.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
You could have been the first but you were never convinced about him.
You always said he was not physically strong enough.
He is better than some people give him credit for. Just like you never gave that much credit to Payet until after he left OM.

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showpost.php?p=14052828&postcount=69
I ranked him 4th on my 2008 prospect list behind only Benzema, Lloris and Ben Arfa. In front of Nasri, Menez, Sakho or Hazard.
So yeah...

I never gave credit to Payet because he's widely inconsistant. Good to see he had a full year in West Ham last year because during the Euro you could see what I was talking about. Capable of being amazing in the first two games and then suck awfully for the rest of the tournament.
I'm still nto convinced he's more than a streaky player.
I also noted Payet's talent when he was VERY young.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad