Transfer: Winter mercato window rumors

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
I was wondering when a team would go in for Zaha. With what he's shown at Palace the last 2 seasons you have to think someone 'big' will gamble on him.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Not only is it the PL tax, but homegrown and just signed a new contract. CP can pretty much name their price at this point.

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016
Don't see Zaha coming in unless one of Eriksen, Dele, Lamela, Son or Lucas (lol) are leaving. That would otherwise be six attacking midfielders/wingers who should demand to be in every matchday squad when fit. That's just impractical.

I doubt the rumor anyway.

Reactions: Fro

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Liverpool doesn't have a player who can play #6 and score goals once Can leaves so I'm confused by that.

He plays like a version of Diaby that never gets injured. Can run all over the field with or without the ball and shoot. One of those players that just causes havoc wherever he shows up.

His passing can be way off sometimes. I think he fits in well with any English team except City.
Doucoure also isn’t necessarily their holding player; Capoue is. That’s not the kind of player that I would project as a 6, next to a player like Keita.

I don’t really like taking players that play CM/DM in a two man mid and putting into a sole holding player in a 433.

If they are sticking with 433, they should go for someone like Jorginho at 6. Although they might try to find someone to back up Henderson instead and put money at someone to play in the more advanced spot opposite Keita. No reason they can go back for Zielinski; not to pick on Napoli but their formation is closest to Liverpool’s in a lot of ways.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Doucoure beside Keita would be fine with Henderson and Wijnaldum rotating at the 6.

Mr Plow

Apr 15, 2016
That kind of fee is foolish, but he just signed a new contract. He's really good, but that's absurd.

I did a double take when I saw that number because I assumed it was £70m, not dollars. It's still foolish and ~£15m too high mind you, but £50m is at least believable. £70m for Zaha would have absolutely floored me.

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
Mind when Zaha went to Man United and got found out as a complete sand dancing fraud?

Then again, mind when Sissoko was at Newcastle and was terrible in every game he played and terrible in the Euros and still moved?

Stray Wasp

May 5, 2009
South east London
Then again, mind when Sissoko was at Newcastle and was terrible in every game he played and terrible in the Euros and still moved?

I certainly do. One of these days I must stop laughing about that transfer.

(Spurs traumatised me as a child by signing Waddle and Gascoigne. But selling them Kevin Scott and Jermaine Jenas had seemed like pretty harsh payback. This was the sort of savage revenge usually only served up by playwrights whose names end in 'us').

Spurs' basic premise- finding someone who did different things to the players they already had- was sound enough. The flaw was their landing someone who didn't do anything different that was remotely useful. One can only wonder how strong Pochettino's team might now be had that money been sensibly spent.

It must be noted that the Sissoko fee made the difference between Newcastle enjoying immediate promotion and falling into a sunderlandesque tailspin. (Admittedly, as it turns out said tailspin may only have been delayed by twelve months, but at least the media's horror when Lovely Fairytale Club and the Neutrals' Champions Brighton- Who Definitely Didn't Turn Themselves Around Under Chris Hughton By Spending More Than One Hundred Percent of Their Turnover On Wages or Running Up Nine Figure Debts- fumbled the Championship trophy on the final straight into the laps of Those Nasty Undeserving Geordies and their Overrated Manager- Who Only Won Because Of The Unfair Financial Advantage of Parachute Payments That Only They Enjoyed, And Definitely Not Cardiff, Fulham, Norwich, QPR and Villa too- was a hoot).

But I digress. Back to good old Moussa, who even as I type this is probably tucked up in bed in his London mansion, dreaming of those thrilling upfield runs of his that bring the crowd to a roar. (And culminate in a too-heavy touch, a collision with a stubbornly-placed defender, or a slapstick accident involving his own feet). An honourable mention must be made to Everton, whose new owner's desperation to prove their relevance spawned a ludicrous bid that helped ramp up the sale price. To say nothing of Didier Deschamps, who heroically fashioned the Euro 2016 final into such a clanging balls-up, thereby pushing Sissoko to the fore and gifting the world one of the extremest proofs yet of how the English are suckers for rock-headed athleticism over intelligence and skill.

Jul 7, 2009
Luis Benfica is reporting Arthur has signed with Barcelona and that he will join the team in 2019. Fee is reportedly 40 million

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
If Bale goes back to the PL and stays healthy whoever gets him is going to see a very large boost.

Supposedly Liverpool still have interest in Ceballos.
Real Madrid ace Dani Ceballos reportedly pushed for a move to Liverpool last month.

That is according to Spanish journalist Cristobal Soria, who has close ties with the 21-year-old.

Yes please.

Last edited:

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
Not sure who will get him.

City already have Sane starting and putting in great performances.

Utd have Alexis who's better and Martial who's had a great season so far.

Chelsea have Hazard on the left - probably the most likely team to get him imo.

Tottenham probably can't afford his wages and transfer fee with all the new contracts they need to sign.

Liverpool don't really need him at all.

Arsenal have Iwobi, but I don't think theyll pay that much for a player his age as opposed to someone like Malcom.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Alexis is not better than Bale. Realistically speaking any team that can afford him should go for him. There isn't a team in the PL that he wouldn't start in.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad