Transfer: Winter mercato window rumors

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
Really?
Instead of whom?
He's not better than Mbappe/Neymar or Cavani.
He's not starting at Madrid already.
He wouldn't start over Messi and Suarez and a healthy Dembele.
Cavani
Neymar Asencio Mbappe
Rabiot Verratti

Suarez
Coutinho Messi
Asencio Iniesta
Busquets

Madrid he should already be starting.

I think you severaly underrate Asencio skillset he is elite at everything and a game changer. His shooting abilities outside the box is on par with the likes of Messi/Ronaldo.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
I could see him start over Dembele, but I wouldn't say he's a pegged starter for any of those three teams. Tons of potential there for him though. It's the Dutch blood I think.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Cavani
Neymar Asencio Mbappe
Rabiot Verratti

Suarez
Coutinho Messi
Asencio Iniesta
Busquets

Madrid he should already be starting.

I think you severaly underrate Asencio skillset he is elite at everything and a game changer. His shooting abilities outside the box is on par with the likes of Messi/Ronaldo.
Those formations simply don't work defensively.
And I stress you forget about Dembele. Or underrate him, I don't know.
I'm not underrating Asensio if I say he doesn't start for those 3.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Ascensio, I feel is the kind of player that needs to be a #10 that the team revolves around.

Also since it’s in vogue now

Firmino
Mane Asensio Salah
Keita Henderson

That’s pretty interesting. But not going to happen.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
I don't know if Asensio will ever be Ballon d'Or potential, but he most definitely has top 15 best player in the world potential easily. Awesome player.

And there we go again, having to see Evilo bring up Cavani as a top target for the Golden Ball even though he now plays on perhaps the deepest squad in Europe after Man City and Barca. Insert yawn here.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
According to the Times, Alderweireld will be sold. He is asking for more in wages than Tottenham's wage structure will allow for.

Don't know if Tottenham would sell to Liverpool but I'd take him. Not only is he good but he also fits the most important transfer criteria, he played for Southampton.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
According to the Times, Alderweireld will be sold. He is asking for more in wages than Tottenham's wage structure will allow for.

Don't know if Tottenham would sell to Liverpool but I'd take him. Not only is he good but he also fits the most important transfer criteria, he played for Southampton.
Spurs and the rest of the top 6 besides one mighty club do not sell top players to rival clubs. I could see him going to La Liga before going up north.

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016
If this isn't just some negotiation tactic, selling him makes sense. Would be a big loss, but we're actually playing some surprisingly great football without him.

Spurs sold to City last summer.

Walker didn't want to go anywhere else. I expect Alderweireld to be much, much more open-minded.

lol @ Tottenham. Borussia Dortmund of England.

Oh how jealous I am of the current state of Arsenal.

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016
Having a wage cap for a club as big as Tottenham is frustrating for everybody involved. The fans, the players, the management, etc.

It's as if people like you think Daniel Levy employs a wage structure for the hell of it. We have a near billion dollar stadium to pay off, but still we have the twelfth highest wage bill in europe, which is fair considering that we have the eleventh highest revenue. If we were pay Alderweireld £15oK/week, you'd see us being forced to give every other player a large raise too. I have a lot of faith in Daniel Levy handling the clubs finances, trying to make us as debt-free as possible.

The fact that we are performing so well despite our current financial restrictions just makes me prouder of the club, compared to spending lavishly but losing to Östersund at home.

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
Having a wage cap for a club as big as Tottenham is frustrating for everybody involved. The fans, the players, the management, etc.

Tottenham still spend 50% of their revenue on player wages, so I think most NHL fans are used to the same or worse.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013

FSG is never going to let that happen. Alderweireld is pushing 30 and they just signed VVD for a lot of money. They aren’t going to go back in and pay those wages.

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
FSG is never going to let that happen. Alderweireld is pushing 30 and they just signed VVD for a lot of money. They aren’t going to go back in and pay those wages.
It depends on what they would want in a fee.

If Klopp came and said he wanted the player, I think something is possible.

As for Spurs not selling in England, that's a bunch of crap. They'll sell if a bigger club comes in, and if they pay the money that makes it worth them selling. They certainly have preferred locations, but if the money is right, they're going to sell just like everyone else.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad