Transfer: Winter mercato window rumors

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
He's been better the past 3 seasons.
He's been more productive in 2 of the last 3 seasons while Bale has been marred with injury issues, playing on a team where most of the play is designed to create as many chances as possible for Ronaldo. Part of the reason I never liked his move to RM (even though he's still been pretty productive and relatively successful there). Especially as a player La Liga doesn't suit his strengths that well. Look at his performances for Wales and in the PL (or Sanchez's relative performances in LL to Bale's). Even this year Bale has been as productive in half the minutes. Sanchez has never been a better player though.

I would take him at Liverpool 100%. Imagine:

Salah
Bale - Firmino - Mane​

Especially Bale in a system that would highlight some of his strongest traits. Give me those set pieces and DFKs all day on top of it.

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC
Not sure who will get him.

City already have Sane starting and putting in great performances.

Utd have Alexis who's better and Martial who's had a great season so far.

Chelsea have Hazard on the left - probably the most likely team to get him imo.

Tottenham probably can't afford his wages and transfer fee with all the new contracts they need to sign.

Liverpool don't really need him at all.

Arsenal have Iwobi, but I don't think theyll pay that much for a player his age as opposed to someone like Malcom.

He'll go to United. He'll start off well, then he'll do his hamstring chasing down one of the 100s of Smalling long balls he's subjected to every game.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
I don’t know why it really matters if Bale is better than Alexis. They play different sides. If he does go to United their lineup would look something like

Alexis-Lukaku-Bale
Pogba-Mata/Herrera/new mid
New mid/Matic
Shaw/new LB-Bailly-new CB/Lindelof-new RB/Valencia

It’s more of a problem for Martial or Rashford who wouldn’t really have a spot

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Bale's best position has always been on the left. He was moved to the right when he went to RM because they already had someone entrenched on the left. I think it's another part of why that move hurt him.

But whether he would be played on the left, as a SS or on the right I don't think it really matters. He's good enough to make accommodations for in your system.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
He's been more productive in 2 of the last 3 seasons while Bale has been marred with injury issues, playing on a team where most of the play is designed to create as many chances as possible for Ronaldo. Part of the reason I never liked his move to RM (even though he's still been pretty productive and relatively successful there). Especially as a player La Liga doesn't suit his strengths that well. Look at his performances for Wales and in the PL (or Sanchez's relative performances in LL to Bale's). Even this year Bale has been as productive in half the minutes. Sanchez has never been a better player though.
Alexis had a great last season at Barca, on par with Bale's best season with Real Madrid. He's also the much more accomplished international player, winning two major titles and being the best player in the last Copa America.

Bale hasn't eclipsed Alexis' best seasons at Arsenal either with sheer production.

Plus he never gets injured, which is another plus over Bale.

I just disagree, I guess. I never really thought too highly of Bale. Always felt he was overrated.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
I don’t know why it really matters if Bale is better than Alexis. They play different sides. If he does go to United their lineup would look something like

Alexis-Lukaku-Bale
Pogba-Mata/Herrera/new mid
New mid/Matic
Shaw/new LB-Bailly-new CB/Lindelof-new RB/Valencia

It’s more of a problem for Martial or Rashford who wouldn’t really have a spot
Bale plays best on the left though.

So does Sanchez and Martial.

A lot of egos to contain for the next manager.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Man Utd signing Bale would be the most Man Utd thing ever. Not saying whether it’ll work or not but yeah.

Reactions: cgf

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013

I would take him at Liverpool 100%. Imagine:

Salah
Bale - Firmino - Mane​

Especially Bale in a system that would highlight some of his strongest traits. Give me those set pieces and DFKs all day on top of it.
Did you change your user name recently mate

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
The dry spell is against good teams.
Again those good teams can take advantage of a player just getting left up top with no help at all. One player can only do so much. Only Messi in modern day football could continue to be productive alone up top all game while Smalling just kicks it as far as he can and Lukaku has no chance of coming close.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Bale is well past his best, will be 29 when next season starts, and will cost at least 50 million. Super hard pass. No interest whatsoever.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Yannick Carassco rumoured to be going to China. Left out of the squad. Another one bites the dust from the supposed top 3 manager.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->