Transfer: Winter mercato window rumors

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Doucoure coming straight out and saying Arsenal, Liverpool, and Tottenham want him. I think he would fit our team well.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Would very much welcome Doucoure at Liverpool. He's looked class every time I've seen Watford play.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
Kind of midfield player Pochettino likes. Wouldn't mind replacing Sissoko with him (stating the obvious).

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
Feels a bit strange saying it, but happy to see Wenger might be more respected among players than he is among fans.

Highly doubt anyone would in the end choose Arsenal over another team mainly because of Wenger though. Obviously he won’t be there forever.

Still not convinced Doucoure has what it takes at a top club, but felt the same way with Kante and boy were I wrong.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
He's overrated anyways imo. Nothing to get worked over.
Why do you feel he's overrated? I can't claim to watch Watford consistently but when I have seen them play, and in their highlights, he's stood out in a good way pretty much every time. Good engine, strong on the ball, decent ball skill, good passer of the ball and a pretty good shot.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
Why do you feel he's overrated? I can't claim to watch Watford consistently but when I have seen them play, and in their highlights, he's stood out in a good way pretty much every time. Good engine, strong on the ball, decent ball skill, good passer of the ball and a pretty good shot.
Sorry overrated isn't the right term. I just don't think he's what at least Arsenal need compared to how he plays.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
'
You're right. Liverpool wasn't even mentioned as an interested club.
Liverpool definitely need some top class midfielders to play with Keita. Keita feels a level above everyone else in that engine room. Not sure whibthey could get but I would hope it’s better than Doucoure

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Doucoure was a poor man's Bakayoko.
Good body, decent speed and skills, but IMO nothing great about him.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
Let’s say things have changed since he “was”.

But I do agree partly. I’m not sure if he has it in him to play for a top club.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
Not saying you were wrong. Didn’t know him before he joined Watford. But even if I don’t think Bakayoko’s performances this year really reflect his overall quality Doucoure is now still the superior player. Not going to argue that can’t ever change again, but I do find it unlikely. Doucoure has slowly improved quite a lot since he first came to England.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Liverpool definitely need some top class midfielders to play with Keita. Keita feels a level above everyone else in that engine room. Not sure whibthey could get but I would hope it’s better than Doucoure
What don't you like about Doucoure? Based on what I've seen he'd walk into our midfield pretty easily. Not sure we're actually after him though. Milner is getting older, Henderson is unreliable due to injury, Can is leaving and Lallana is also getting older/injury prone. I'm sure that we're going to be in the market for at least one midfielder on top of Keita, if not two (though I'd like to see Ejaria and Woodburn given chances as well).

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
What don't you like about Doucoure? Based on what I've seen he'd walk into our midfield pretty easily. Not sure we're actually after him though. Milner is getting older, Henderson is unreliable due to injury, Can is leaving and Lallana is also getting older/injury prone. I'm sure that we're going to be in the market for at least one midfielder on top of Keita, if not two (though I'd like to see Ejaria and Woodburn given chances as well).
It’s not that I don’t like Doucoure, I don’t think he is an upgrade though. At best, he is the same as they have.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Liverpool doesn't have a player who can play #6 and score goals once Can leaves so I'm confused by that.

Doucoure was a poor man's Bakayoko.
Good body, decent speed and skills, but IMO nothing great about him.

He plays like a version of Diaby that never gets injured. Can run all over the field with or without the ball and shoot. One of those players that just causes havoc wherever he shows up.

His passing can be way off sometimes. I think he fits in well with any English team except City.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad