Transfer: Winter mercato window rumors

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Depends. Personally I believe a lot of that "extra money" will become salaries with time.

A league generating more money doesn't automatically mean more net spend. If so all of these leagues should have had sky high net spends considering they are all vastly bigger than all the other leagues in Europe.

In the PL there has been a huge increase in revenue - so salaries might not have followed the transfer fees at the same rate (contracts need to be renegotiate so there is natural lag). Also the richest league will always have the benefit of the market. If a player is paid 100k in Spain or Italy the English team in theory only have to increase the offer to 101k to be attractive - even if the team might afford 200k. That said when players like Jesse Lingard apparently are paid 100k you got to wonder if the English teams are really paying market level salaries - or just what they can afford.
I feel like you are really discounting Lingard’s presence on the team. While an asshole, he’s been one of the best players on the team

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Dat Marketing Bling Bling

Also I irrationality want to see how Kane would do on a team like Bayern

Their marketing department would probably be more excited by Werner than Kane, especially after this coming WC...though I can supersize with wanting to see how Kane would do on one of the powerhouses...though I can't see anyone but Real or one of the EPL clubs paying the price for him until his contract has wound down. Barca and PSG are loaded up front, Bayern will pursue Werner, Real seem to be bowing out, and Juve can't afford him; so I don't see anyone left other than an in-country sale.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
I feel like you are really discounting Lingard’s presence on the team. While an *******, he’s been one of the best players on the team

Not sure if you are aware of how much he is actually making compared to players in other leagues?

Now I understand knowing what players actually make is not easy. I´m basing that statement on the rumours saying he signed a GBP100k contract in 2017. That is close to what Dybala is paid on his new deal. And it is more than anyone in the Serie A not called Higuain, Dybala, Costa, Bonucci og Donnarumma.

Not saying Lingard isn´t a good player, but I don´t understand how someone with 50 games and 5 goals at 24 justifies being paid more than basically everyone except a handful in Italy. I really don´t think Utd had to pay him close to that money for him to stay, but that is one of the problems being the richest - it is easy to add 10k here and 20k there. All of a sudden Utd is a weaker team than Juventus even if they pay their squad players equal money to a world class player like Dybala.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
So, Bordeaux's Malcolm seems like a pretty strong rumor to Bayern. Don't know much about him. Any thoughts?
Small, quick, great dribbling, incredible shot.
Lacks physicality, has to get better in linkup play and final pass.

Vipers31

Advanced Stagnostic
Aug 29, 2008
Cologne, Germany
Small, quick, great dribbling, incredible shot.
Lacks physicality, has to get better in linkup play and final pass.
Thanks! I guess it makes sense. It sounds a damn lot like Douglas Costa, though. Major differences, or just him being a better version of Costa (at that age)?

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
Wouldn't have any problem selling Wanyama for the right price. Good player yes, but rightly third choice at Spurs (should be 4th, but Winks has completely lost it for some reason).

Not that Pochettino will. He clearly loves Wanyama.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->