Pre-Game Talk: Winter Classic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Therrien is a players coach not a tyrannical bossman as some here try to impose on him, minus the Fedora he reminds this oldtime Hab fan of legendary Player/Coach Toe Blake, a hardnosed, earn your keep, put the team first type of leader, just sayin!!!...:handclap::handclap::handclap:
Therrien is about the furthest thing from a "players coach" that you can get.
All setup with my Nescafe's Stephane Richer coffee mug to watch #44 blast one in.

How jealous are you Lafleur's Guy?
Nice!

I've got my Rocket Richard hoodie to keep me company for this one. I've worn it almost every day since I got it. It was put in the wash yesterday so it's all ready for some New Years parties!

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
Absolutely ****ing pathetic that Andrighetto is out.

**** off Therrien. Can't wait until you're fired you piece of crap.

Keep scoring one ****ing goal you overpaid monkey-faced clown.

EDIT: My god. Emelin? WHY? Absolute slap in the face to Pateryn and Tinordi to let Barberio play. Pateryn is a top-5 defenseman on this team, and it's not even close.

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
Absolutely ****ing pathetic that Andrighetto is out.

EDIT: My god. Emelin? WHY? Absolute slap in the face to Pateryn and Tinordi to let Barberio play. Pateryn is a top-5 defenseman on this team, and it's not even close.

Andrighetto got sent down due to contract limit I believe, nothing to do with MT.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
Andrighetto got sent down due to contract limit I believe, nothing to do with MT.
Send down someone else. Trade someone. I don't give a ****.

I'm sick of not putting our best foot forward and I'm sick of trying to win games with half a HC Davos roster.

CrazyShea

Mar 16, 2006
The Rock
Am I the only one that find it weird both goalies have the Patriots on their helmet? I know it's being held in a football stadium, but I thought the point of these games (besides huge cash grab) was to celebrate the history of hockey not football? Both teams have a huge hockey history to celebrate just seems weird to me not to put previous legends on the mask instead of football cheaters I mean players:sarcasm: .

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
Send down someone else. Trade someone. I don't give a ****.

I'm sick of not putting our best foot forward and I'm sick of trying to win games with half a HC Davos roster.

Not gonna trade someone on NYE. Poor image and you need a partner.

Only choice was to send barberio down but they seem to be trying him up. Perhaps have intent to trade Emelin or Tinordi. So if people want change it comes with evaluating what you have first.

Hoople

Mar 7, 2011
Bold prediction.

DD scores a goal.

PK scores two goals and fights McQuaid.

Habs win, Therrien excoriated and vilified for ice time issues.

G0bias

Oct 4, 2007
MTL
I almost...almost... wanted MT to keep DD-Weise on the top line just so the embarassment could be all the more hilarious.

Atleast it's semi-watchable now. Although Ghetto should be in this lineup.

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
Bold prediction.

DD scores a goal.

PK scores two goals and fights McQuaid.

Habs win, Therrien excoriated and vilified for ice time issues.

Don't forget people calling Subban overpaid and he should be traded for some sweet capspace.

S Bah

Nov 7, 2010
victoria bc
Play McCarron,Tinordi,DLR,Pateryn,Emelin.

It would be nice to have that size advantage, playing the Bruins, one never knows what might happen.

Gallagher will give the Habs a serious boost.

I guess Daniel Carr has a more complete game. I wonder how long Carr stays up...

Carr has certainly played well enough to earn some more NHL icetime.

Habs win it by a toenail.

Yeah an eight inch toenail to hang those extra two goals on, who needs horseshoes, when Condon does his best Carey Price impersonation, the Bruins will be in awe!!!...:handclap::handclap::handclap:

void

Jan 5, 2006
I think Subban is going to have a massive game. Wouldn't be surprised to see him score a couple of goals.

Habs are obviously huge underdogs going into tomorrow but they usually perform well in those situations. I expect them to win.

Dagistitsyn

Aug 27, 2011
Nova Scotia
I think Subban is going to have a massive game. Wouldn't be surprised to see him score a couple of goals.

Habs are obviously huge underdogs going into tomorrow but they usually perform well in those situations. I expect them to win.

It'd be weird if PK had a couple of goals. It's not like he hasn't been trying. He has 10000 missed shots.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Subban is bound to explode soon. He has 106 shots, 27th in the league, but only 1 goal. He's literally shooting at less than 1%. His career SH% before this season was 6.6%.

Of course, I'd rather he hold off on the incoming explosion until Therrien is canned. :D

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Subban is bound to explode soon. He has 106 shots, 27th in the league, but only 1 goal. He's literally shooting at less than 1%. His career SH% before this season was 6.6%.

Of course, I'd rather he hold off on the incoming explosion until Therrien is canned. :D
Getting some traffic in front of the net would help.

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
Road to the winter classic is soooo bad

Habs keep losing. Patches tell them to play with '****ing pride' LOL

The Tokarski/DSP/Beaulieu/Gallagher crew is awkward and boring as ****.

MT lack of tactical input is on display for all to see, what a bad coach.

At least PK and Weise are interesting.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
With Gally back, you've got to think MT goes back to the initial lines that began the season with Carr replacing Semin.

Patches - Pleks - Gally
Eller - Chucky - Carr
Flash - DD - Weise
Flynn - Mitchell - DSP

Byron sits as the 13th forward

It puts everyone back in their proper roles.

PsychoticHab

May 26, 2012
Ottawa
**1**Absolutely ****ing pathetic that Andrighetto is out.

EDIT: My god. **2**Emelin? WHY? Absolute slap in the face to Pateryn and Tinordi to let Barberio play. Pateryn is a top-5 defenseman on this team, and it's not even close.

**1** Instead of who exactly? Carr earned a chance to fill in as the heavy worker for the 2nd line. Unless you prefer Ghetto fill in on the 4th line.

**2**Well whether it's Emelin, Pateryn, or Tinordi in makes little difference as they are cut from the same mold. So you want to ***** about MTL scoring one goal a game but you would rather have 2 non-puck movers in the 3rd pairing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad