Pre-Game Talk: Winter Classic

Status
Not open for further replies.

SB164

Apr 29, 2010
Montreal, Quebec
Regarding Bergevin and Therrien:

I remember when MB went on Antichambre the first day he was hired as GM.

MT asked him a question about his deceased parents and then MB bursts into tears. MT wiped a single tear. It was some interesting television that's for sure.

CrazyShea

Mar 16, 2006
The Rock
I would love nothing more than to see the Bruins lose today. Hopefully we get our **** together, Bruins will be pumped for this game

Last edited:

Dith

Oct 19, 2006
serious question guys. do you think there will be a fight today?

JLP

Refugee
Aug 16, 2005
serious question guys. do you think there will be a fight today?

I think it's a 50% chance there will be a fight because Boston is going to play rough and tough. Beaulieu will KO someone.

Just noticed nobody is signed up for the GDT (and I don't want to do it). What a slump it's affecting everything!

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
https://link.nhl.com/static/gamenotes/public/20152016/[email protected]?1451579344000

Referees Kevin Pollock (33), Wes McCauley (4)
Linesmen David Brisebois (96), Steve Barton (59)

Ntl. Anthem Jordan Smith (U.S.); Simple Plan (Canadian)

UPCOMING MILESTONES

- The Bruins currently have a lifetime record of 2,999-2,279-791-139 in 6,208 regular season games … With their next win, they will become just the 2nd team in NHL history with 3,000 regular season victories (Montreal has 3,281 entering today’s game).

BOSTON vs. MONTREAL, LIFETIME SERIES
- The Bruins and Canadiens are meeting for the 733rd time in their franchise histories with the Bruins having a 272-348-103-9 record and Montreal holding a 2,219-1,929 scoring advantage in those games.

- The Bruins are 165-139-56-6 in their 366 home games of this lifetime series with a 1,069-995 scoring edge in those contests.

- The Bruins snapped an 0-6-1 stretch vs. the Canadiens with a 3-1 win in Montreal on Dec. 9 in the last game between these teams …

Montreal had won the 1st 2 games of this season’s series with 4-2 wins each Oct. 10 in Boston and Nov. 7 in Montreal and the Bruins are 2-10-2 in their last 14 games overall vs. the Canadiens … They are winless in their last 7 home games of this lifetime series at 0-5- 2 with their last home win vs. Montreal a 2-1 victory on Jan. 12, 2012, and they are 4-6-2 in their last 12 vs. Montreal on home ice.

- Fun Fact: The 733 regular season games between Boston and Montreal are the most vs. any 2 rivals in NHL history (CHI-DET, 729).

TODAY’S GAME
- The Bruins host the Canadiens in the 2016 Bridgestone NHL Winter Classic today in the 4th of 5 games between these teams this season and the 2nd of 2 Boston home games of this season’s series… The Bruins are 20-12-4 overall and are 9-9-2 on home ice …

They are 9-5-0 vs. Atlantic Division teams and are 15-6-1 vs. Eastern Conference opponents.

- The Bruins are playing game 10 today of a stretch in which they play 9 of 11 games on home ice from Dec. 12-Jan. 5.

- The Bruins are hosting their 2nd Winter Classic game, as they defeated the Philadelphia Flyers, 2-1 in OT, on Jan. 1, 2010 at Fenway Park.

BONNE ANNÉE / HAPPY NEW YEAR

The Canadiens all-time record on January 1 is 14 wins, 14 losses, 5 ties (88 goals for, 82 goals against) and their last New Year’s Day game played was in 1996-97 (a 6-4 win in Dallas). It’s only the second time that they play on a Friday, January 1. The only other occurrence was a 2-1 loss on January 1, 1926 against the Pittsburgh Pirates (and not the Penguins)

Dith

Oct 19, 2006
I think it's a 50% chance there will be a fight because Boston is going to play rough and tough. Beaulieu will KO someone.

Just noticed nobody is signed up for the GDT (and I don't want to do it). What a slump it's affecting everything!

thx mate, obviously i'm asking because i want to bet on it. +150 seems to be good odds imo. i'll try it.

Davebo*

I would love nothing more than to see the Bruins lose today. Hopefully we get our **** together, Bruins will be pumped for this game

I just hope no one gets injured on that gimmicky ice - over a stupid 'tradition' that means nothing - except the 2 points available.

Kojo

Nov 22, 2013
I just hope no one gets injured on that gimmicky ice - over a stupid 'tradition' that means nothing - except the 2 points available.
It's not like our best player could be injured since he's already injured.

I can picture Price watching the game to decide whether he should play again this season.

Last edited:

TheAntiPrice

Oct 25, 2009
Montreal, QC
Regarding Bergevin and Therrien:

I remember when MB went on Antichambre the first day he was hired as GM.

MT asked him a question about his deceased parents and then MB bursts into tears. MT wiped a single tear. It was some interesting television that's for sure.

I keep hearing about this. Is there any video of this anywhere?

JLP

Refugee
Aug 16, 2005

Not a huge fan of outdoor games but the ice looked decent yesterday for the alumni game. In some doc I saw they were even engineering the system for where and when the sunlight might reflect off the boards.

Plus the forecast is +4c which is not so hard on players, there was a -20c outdoor game a few years back.

I'm just torn between loving my team and wanting them to win; yet hating the coach and wanting him embarrassed and hopefully fired. :laugh:

PhysicX

Nov 17, 2010
MTL
I'm so wrecked at this momebt jesus. Dunno if I'll wale up for this.

Halppy New Year all of you peepes

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Another head to head matchup for first place in the division.
This time we can't use we played yesterday as an excuse.
We need a win.

Kobe Armstrong

Jul 26, 2011
Subban hung out with Kobe a few days ago, not worried about his clutch-ness right now. Should be good for a couple goals.

Not worried about this game anymore tbh, instant win.

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
Another head to head matchup for first place in the division.
This time we can't use we played yesterday as an excuse.
We need a win.

I think we absolutely need a win. This could be defining point of our season.

We won a lot to start, lost a lot recently. It's over, it's done. Now? new year, big event. We got a key player back who will certainly give some energy to the team.

As for matchup? Big rivals. Condon playing at home. A game for the rights to top of the division.

There's so many reasons why this should be a statement game. So many reasons to have a fresh start.

Habs absolutely need to deliver.

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
QUOTE=CanadienShark;111387485]We get stomped.

6-2 Bruins

Ericsson x3, Bergeron, Krug, Krejci
Gallagher, Galchenyuk

Nobody expect the Gallys show up.[/QUOTE]

I guess the point being: it's easier to score when no one thinks you're there!

Kojo

Nov 22, 2013
As a fan, I take it a game at a time. Each game, I hope we win.

If we win all the time, Therrien can coach this team, why not?
If the team won all the time with Therrien using Galchenyuk only 15 minutes a game, I would be the last to complain. But this is not what is going on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad