Pre-Game Talk: Winter Classic

Status
Not open for further replies.

PsychoticHab

May 26, 2012
Ottawa
With Gally back, you've got to think MT goes back to the initial lines that began the season with Carr replacing Semin.

Patches - Pleks - Gally
Eller - Chucky - Carr
Flash - DD - Weise
Flynn - Mitchell - DSP

Byron sits as the 13th forward

It puts everyone back in their proper roles.

Switch DSP with Byron and you have the lineup they had in practice.

Along with:

Beaulieu-Subban
Markov-Petry
Emelin-Barberio

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
When Boucher arrives.

The same Boucher who just won the Spengler Cup.....the same Boucher who would be the Leafs coach if it wasn't for Babcock?

That Boucher won't be a free agent in the near future.

And if a team pick him up....then we're truly ****ed since nobody else with NHL experience (who speak french of course) will be available.

Not many options out there and i hate green coach in MTL, never worked out.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
The same Boucher who just won the Spengler Cup.....the same Boucher who would be the Leafs coach if it wasn't for Babcock?

And if a team pick him up....then we're truly ****ed since nobody else with NHL experience (who speak french of course) will be available.

Boucher did a great job pulling that team together on less than a handful of practices.
They played responsible defensive but not boring hockey.
Good on him.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
**1** Instead of who exactly? Carr earned a chance to fill in as the heavy worker for the 2nd line. Unless you prefer Ghetto fill in on the 4th line.

**2**Well whether it's Emelin, Pateryn, or Tinordi in makes little difference as they are cut from the same mold. So you want to ***** about MTL scoring one goal a game but you would rather have 2 non-puck movers in the 3rd pairing?
No, I'd rather Barberio play actually with Pateryn. Emelin doesn't deserve to be on an NHL team.

Carr is great. Weise should play on our 4th line. Andrighetto in the Top-9.

go_habs_go

Oct 9, 2003
Winnipeg, MB
www.canadiens.com
No, I'd rather Barberio play actually with Pateryn. Emelin doesn't deserve to be on an NHL team.

Carr is great. Weise should play on our 4th line. Andrighetto in the Top-9.

I would try icing this

Pacioretty-Plekanec-Gallagher
Andrighetto-Galchenyuk-Carr
Eller-Desharnais-Fleischmann
Flynn-Mitchell-Weiss

Beaulieu-Subban
Pateryn-Petry
Markov-Emelin/Tinordi/Barberio

FisherKing

Feb 27, 2002
New Brunswick
Visit site

If Bergevin misses out on this chance to get Boucher and hangs on to Therrien, then Therrien and Bergevin should leave together holding hands.

Kojo

Nov 22, 2013
I hope it's going to be at least half as entertaining as the legends game was.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa

If we don't get Boucher and Bergevin hangs onto Therrien I think it might just be enough for me to take a break.

They won't win the Cup with Therrien.

tinyzombies

Dec 24, 2002
Montreal, QC, Canada
Ok, Happy New Year n stuff, but enough with the mutual pleasuring... nobody worth their Montreal credentials likes a Boston Bruin and it's time for global warming and rural gentrification to do it's thing and put this beast out to pasture in it's city's largest sporting forum, the site of real champions not fluke artists. Death death death.

Kojo

Nov 22, 2013
Ok, Happy New Year n stuff, but enough with the mutual pleasuring... nobody worth their Montreal credentials likes a Boston Bruin and it's time for global warming and rural gentrification to do it's thing and put this beast out to pasture in it's city's largest sporting forum, the site of real champions not fluke artists. Death death death.
Everyone like each other until the puck drops. Bruins are similar that way. This is why they're our fiercest rival.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
No interest in the fetal farting? :laugh:

Actually, Therrien assumed a fecal position as he unloaded his gas unashamedly. :sarcasm:

Happy New Year to all.

Last edited:

AshyHabs

Biceps>Brains
Dec 27, 2015
Montreal
glad to see gally is back to participate in the winter classic and hope he brings back the balls this team used to have (maybe he's the only one with a set). Hope he wasn't rushed back tho

Kojo

Nov 22, 2013
glad to see gally is back to participate in the winter classic and hope he brings back the balls this team used to have (maybe he's the only one with a set). Hope he wasn't rushed back tho
At the worst if he was rushed does it matter? His fingers were injured. He's probably going to be the most interesting Habs to watch.

I fully expect Gallagher to play as usual.

AshyHabs

Biceps>Brains
Dec 27, 2015
Montreal
At the worst if he was rushed does it matter? His fingers were injured. He's probably going to be the most interesting Habs to watch.

I fully expect Gallagher to play as usual.

I wouldn't want the only guy that plays like a beast consistently out again :shakehead

Kojo

Nov 22, 2013
I wouldn't want the only guy that plays like a beast consistently out again :shakehead
If he can't make a successful comeback we might as well just give up. I don't think that if his two fingers aren't fully healed that the Habs can make it. :sarcasm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad