Transfer: Winter 2016 Transfer Window Rumours and discussion II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
Since then PSG can only be happy with the money spent, Luiz has been spectacular at times and steady in almost every game. He's rock solid.

In the mean time Chelsea's D is.... lol.

Sometimes, targeting money is not the best way to get better.

ah yes, let's just bring up chelsea's defense for no reason?

obviously he's fit well at psg, but he was nothing more than an above average player at the time and it was a ludicrous purchase.

Edo

The Mightiest Club
Jun 7, 2003
vancouver
wowhockey.com

obviously he's fit well at psg, but he was nothing more than an above average player at the time and it was a ludicrous purchase.

People jumped on that transfer and trashed it because it was PSG spending the money. Had Madrid, Munich, or Barcelona done that, everybody would've applauded it and not even blinked.

A ludicrous purchase would be 45 million on Otamendi. Barcelona spent 20 million a 30+ year old Mathieu. Vermaelen even got 19.

David Luiz went for market value and he always had flashes of being a great player. What PSG did wasn't crazy.

Wee Baby Seamus

Yo, Goober, where's the meat?
Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto
David Luiz is my favourite player, and I will always defend him to hell and back. That 50M€ was a win-win for Chelsea and PSG. That 50M€ turned around and got us Costa and a solid chunk of Fabregas, and Luiz has been great for PSG. I'm gonna disagree with Peen here, Luiz was more than an above-average player at Chelsea, especially in his last season. However, 50M for him was price you had to take and run, and they used it really well that window. It's a deal that's benefitted PSG as well

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
http://www.espnfc.com/new-york-red-...zga-set-to-join-chelsea-of-the-premier-league

U.S. international and New York Red Bulls defender Matt Miazga is set to be sold to Premier League side Chelsea within the next 24 hours, a source told ESPN FC.

Miazga, 20, had less than a year to run on his current contract with the Red Bulls, and given his desire to test himself overseas, New York was left with little choice but to sell now rather than lose him for nothing at the end of the 2016 MLS season.

On Tuesday, multiple sources told ESPN FC that Miazga was set to be sold to an undisclosed Premier League team. The Daily Mail reported that the transfer fee is approximately $5 million. Miazga also possesses a Polish passport, meaning he will not have to obtain a work permit.

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
Miazga will join the legion of foreign Chelsea players bouncing around on loan in Europe (Pasalic, Atsu, Marin, Kalas). Probably starting with Vitesse then moving onto the Bundesliga before getting sold for double the price without appearing a match for Chelsea

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France

For no reason? Erh excuse me but Luiz plays CB... :sarcasm:

It's far from a ludicrous purchase since he performs well and is among the top CB in the world right now.

Virtanen18

SAMCRO
Jan 25, 2014
Vancouver
Well it didn't :D
Of the two teams, only PSG got better over the last two years.

In other news, Lamine Koné will leave Lorient for Sunderland. Rose will join Lorient from Lyon.
Well we suck now but we won a title last year behind a rock solid defence so saying Chelsea should've kept Luiz instead of taking the money is total hindsight bias.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Looks like he's trying to push a move now.

Teixeira confirmed that there was an offer of €32 million but it was rejected and now his agent is trying to make the move to Liverpool happen.
“The team did receive one official offer from Liverpool. It was rejected, I don’t know why. It was a great offer. It is frustrating. But the manager and the club president decided against it. So now I’m just waiting. Trying to be patient.”
“There has only been one offer, €32 million and Shakhtar rejected it. I know my agent is still attempting everything possible to help me get to Liverpool.
On Liverpool Teixeira said “Yes it is a great club. So many great players have passed through there.”
On Liverpool midfielder Philippe Coutinho Teixeira said “I’ve played with Coutinho since we were 10 years old. It would be a lot of fun to play with him again.”

Read more at http://www.squawka.com/news/teixeir...orking-on-the-deal/584426#6rwtPmgIbKHRQdZ2.99

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Well we suck now but we won a title last year behind a rock solid defence so saying Chelsea should've kept Luiz instead of taking the money is total hindsight bias.

Erh no, that's called planning. When you have two dinosaur defensemen, it's good to have one mid-aged. I bet Chelsea would look better with Luiz/Zouma right now.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Yep, I was as hard as anyone on Luiz for his tendency to have brainfarts but at the same time he is talented and defenders don't generally enter their prime until their late 20s (a combination of strength and experience). It also helps obviously playing in a team with a lot of support like PSG.

Selling him for 50m isn't a huge problem if they had someone to replace him with, or if they had replaced him adequately (why is Djilobodji still on loan?) it would be a different story (not that it was all bad as has been mentioned, they did have Costa help lead them to the title last season).

Epictetus

YNWA
Jan 2, 2010
Ontario
According to Germay's Sky Sports News journalist, Kaveh Solhekol, Liverpool have made an offiical bid for Schalke defender, Joel Matip.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
According to Germay's Sky Sports News journalist, Kaveh Solhekol, Liverpool have made an offiical bid for Schalke defender, Joel Matip.

I read earlier today that he was held out of training. Schalke sold Holtby early in a similar situation in the past. I wouldn't be surprised if it happened here given our injury situation (and defensive record).

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
For no reason? Erh excuse me but Luiz plays CB... :sarcasm:

It's far from a ludicrous purchase since he performs well and is among the top CB in the world right now.
I feel like I said this in my post that he's fit well, but at the time it was ludicrous because he was nothing more than an above average player???

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
Local German media is reporting that Dortmund is about to sign Mikel Merino from Osasuna. Spanish newspapers are saying that the deal has failed, though. Hard to know which to believe.

It seems like Dortmund were interested in Oliver but not nearly as far along as di Marzio implied.

And kicker is saying that Hoffenheim are interested in Ziyech

BritSabre

Feb 10, 2006
Reading, UK
http://www.skysports.com/football/n...-prepared-to-sell-moussa-dembele-to-tottenham

Fulham are prepared to sell Moussa Dembele to Tottenham before transfer deadline day and a fee between £4m and £6m could land the striker, Sky sources understand.

Monaco bid has forced our hand. Holding out for a tribunal with an English club would net us that sort of amount, but a foreign club would only have to pay a nominal fee. Not an option under embargo when trying to balance the books.

If he leaves and McCormick is successful pushing through a move (to Boro) and inability to replace them, I don't fancy our survival chances with Woodrow and Smith up front.

Ex Fulham forward Marcelo Trotta who never got a chance just moved up to Serie A with Sassaulo after decent goal and assist numbers in Serie B. Pleased for him.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
There's no way.
Yeah I don't buy it too, that would be crazy cheap for a player of his quality.

No it was 50M€. Since then PSG can only be happy with the money spent, Luiz has been spectacular at times and steady in almost every game. He's rock solid.

In the mean time Chelsea's D is.... lol.

Sometimes, targeting money is not the best way to get better.
50 Million for Luiz was and is a humongous overpayment. Not arguing with you about Chelsea's defensive line, it really is laughable. But that was Chelsea's fault for not having another player lined up than their fault for saying "yes" for an overrated CB who has zero defensive IQ and all is good for is his flopping hair and his 1 in 20 free kicks.

Getting to play next to Thiago Silva, which you regard as one of the best Centre Backs in the history of football I believe, covers up for a lot of his deficiencies.

Cin

Eurosnob.
Feb 29, 2008
Austin, TX
If we get Oliver I may just fly to Dortmund and give TT the HJ he deserves.

Future Iniesta to Dortmund? Yes please and thank you so very much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad