Series Talk: ECQF: Boston Bruins vs Toronto Maple Leafs (Series Tied 3-3)

What will be the outcome of this series?

• Boston in 4

Votes: 95 6.1%
  • Boston in 5

Votes: 307 19.8%
  • Boston in 6

Votes: 445 28.7%
  • Boston in 7

Votes: 277 17.8%
  • Toronto in 4

Votes: 20 1.3%
  • Toronto in 5

Votes: 38 2.4%
  • Toronto in 6

Votes: 188 12.1%
  • Toronto in 7

Votes: 183 11.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Just Rude

"I'm listening to the *** song!!!"
Oct 15, 2005
And ? I never said I had problems with leaf fans flexing, they won so they deserve to, I was simply providing a reality check to leaf fans before they start planning the parade route. People need to lighten the f up, it was a joke.

No the common consensus on hf was it was a gas station taco that did him in, I just ran with it.
Easy there, Sparky. I'm simply saying Leaf fans are flexing much like Boston fans were flexing since Game 3. It's part of being a fan. Maybe it's you that needs to lighten up?:laugh:

Score8

Apr 6, 2017
Easy there, Sparky. I'm simply saying Leaf fans are flexing much like Boston fans were flexing since Game 3. It's part of being a fan. Maybe it's you that needs to lighten up?:laugh:
Holy crap I didn’t realize the extent of miserableness in leaf land that’s preventing people from picking up sarcasm.

• Haha
Reactions: Filthy Dangles

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
Injuries and not playing Woll from game 1 is gonna be the nail in the coffin for the leafs

People talk about Mathews and Nylander missing time, most people don't know leafs are also missing a 15-goal scorer from their lineup with speed and physicality, who was a huge in the leafs top 6 for chemistry purposes. He could've been a huge difference maker in a series like this

Just not meant to be for the leafs as usual

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
Last edited:

TimeZone

Make the pick
Sep 15, 2008
Lost
Injuries and not playing Woll from game 1 is gonna be the nail in the coffin for the leafs

People talk about Mathews and Nylander missing time, most people don't know leafs are also missing a 15-goal scorer from their lineup with speed and physicality, who was a huge in the leafs top 6 for chemistry purposes. He could've been a huge difference maker in a series like this

Just not meant to be for the leafs as usual

This series is likely over right now if the leafs special teams are even average.

FMichael

Dec 22, 2010
Wisconsin
Leafs fought off elimination the old fashioned way - tough physical hockey.

Good on them to make things interesting...Team seems to play a different style without AM34...Maybe he's still under the weather :naughty:

Reactions: Summer Rose

PeE eL DuBoiS

Send ze caviar to mah chambers, peasant
Mar 31, 2022
I would like to apologize on behalf of Leafs fans that are level-headed, and note that some of us realize a single win itself a) is not a comeback and b) we are still losing in the series, 3-2.

I hope the next 1 or 2 games are, at the very least, entertaining. The hockey thus far has been a little on the mediocre side and likely will not be adequate against Florida.

As a side note, f*** Sheldon Keefe.

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
team loses- Blow it up, this team is garbage, coach is a dum ass!
team wins- this is the best hockey team ever assembled, we will never lose again!

repeat this after every win and loss
I cant speak for other leafs fans but Im fully expecting a series loss. Most likely tomm as well

Just zero hope without Mathews. Sure we survived one day, but the Bruins not gonna play like they did last game

(Hopefully this reverse jinx works)

Reactions: Summer Rose

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
We are under a curse

Now answer the original question
There is no excuse.

1 cup and 2 other finals is a very good performance for a core in todays NHL. Especially when people have been calling for them to miss the post season entirely and rebuild since like 2014

The Gr8 Dane

L'harceleur
Jan 19, 2018
Montreal
I cant speak for other leafs fans but Im fully expecting a series loss. Most likely tomm as well

Just zero hope without Mathews. Sure we survived one day, but the Bruins not gonna play like they did last game

The less you believe in them the better they play , always been the case with this group. I knew they would win yesterday , the next game is huge , if they win I think they can take it in 7. Boston can't close anybody out you guys have a chance

tom leafers

Jan 25, 2017
Toronto

I have zero expectations and am just enjoying watching the games.

On the flip side, our record without Matthews is actually really good and at 5v5 Toronto has been the overall better team. If our powerplay can somehow wake the f*** up, anything is possible

FMichael

Dec 22, 2010
Wisconsin

From an outsiders perspective - I thought the Leafs played better sans AM34 - like they ALL had to contribute sumthin in order to pull off that OT winner...From where I sit - maybe the Leafs rely too much on AM34 and when he doesn't deliver :eek3:

tom leafers

Jan 25, 2017
Toronto
so you’re saying you’re half Irish?
1714585677109.png

• Haha
Reactions: FMichael
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad