Transfer: Winter 2015-2016 Transfer Window Rumours and discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plato

Nov 12, 2005
New York
Newcastle involved in a transfer!
Williamson joins Wolves on a one month loan.

Oh whatever will Newcastle do without such a pillar in defense.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
I don't consider Cavani flashy, but I think Di Maria is more flashy than Verratti (from what I've seen of them anyway). Lucas too, though Lucas is a lot of speed involved. That said I wouldn't consider Verratti to be an overly flashy player either, but to each their own.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
He's TOTALLY flashy. Nobody dribbles through small places more than him.
Last year, he was clocked by France Football as the guy with the best dribbling % (85%).
Guys, sometimes I wonder if we're even talking about the same player.

PS : I forgot Pastore, who's definitely flashy.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
I agree with Evilo...but I love those types of deeper playmakers. It's why watching Ilkay weave through pressing before playing a simple pass into the attackers in a dangerous area made me love watching BVB play before his back broke...and why I am again finding them thoroughly entertaining rather than frustrating now that he's healthy again.

Verratti is absolutely a "flashy" player; although I do agree that his profile isn't yet great enough to be seen as a hugely marketable star...but that's just a matter of time. Once he's led Italy at a major tourney his hype train will take off like Hamez's did. And if he dominates a high profile CL match in this season's knockouts before it; he'll be able to challenge Pogba not just on the pitch, but in hype/exposure as well.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
He's already had much better performances than Pogba in the CL and Pogba still has a much bigger hype train (you can guess why).

I guess flashy depends on how you view it. He is capable of doing flashy things but he doesn't do them consistently like a Hazard, Ronaldinho, younger Ronaldo, etc. and he doesn't do it nearly as often as someone like Gundogan does.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
He's had better performances than Pogba, but he hasn't yet dominated a SF match against Barca/Bayern/Real to show the world how incredible he can be. That's the kind of performance that would change his perception even before replacing Pirlo as the Azzurri's flare.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
He's already had much better performances than Pogba in the CL and Pogba still has a much bigger hype train (you can guess why).

I guess flashy depends on how you view it. He is capable of doing flashy things but he doesn't do them consistently like a Hazard, Ronaldinho, younger Ronaldo, etc. and he doesn't do it nearly as often as someone like Gundogan does.

:facepalm:
You are just busted. :laugh:
Too many times in this thread have you said something completely off base on him.

Verratti is CONSISTENTLY dribbling in his own box. Like there's not a single game where he doesn't WOW the fans. Saying he doesn't do it as often as Gundogan is just :shakehead
If anything, Hazard is rarely flashy. Once every 5 games, he does a WOW thing, but he's not really flashy. Not that he can't, but he doesn't. Verratti just loves to do it. To the distress of all his coaches ! :laugh:

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Well I don't watch him game in and game out like you do, but I'm just going by what I've seen in the CL, some PSG matches and statistics. For example it says he has 1 dribble per game CL and 1.7 per game in L1 while Gundogan has 2 per game in the CL and 3.2 per game in the BuLi. Obviously Hazard and others have higher numbers for those.

But ok, he's super flashy (Ronaldinho's heir perhaps?)

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France

What can I say? :facepalm:

EDIT : just so you understand, the stats you posted mean that a player X dribbles through a player Y and goes behind him. That's not how Verratti dribbles. He dribbles out of danger when having 2-3 players on him and he escapes it by dribbling. That doesn't mean he goes behind the player.

Jan 3, 2012
You are just busted. :laugh:
Too many times in this thread have you said something completely off base on him.

Verratti is CONSISTENTLY dribbling in his own box. Like there's not a single game where he doesn't WOW the fans. Saying he doesn't do it as often as Gundogan is just :shakehead
If anything, Hazard is rarely flashy. Once every 5 games, he does a WOW thing, but he's not really flashy. Not that he can't, but he doesn't. Verratti just loves to do it. To the distress of all his coaches ! :laugh:

Why?

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
I know, and I described it as defensive dribbling before. I think it's nice, but again I think when people think of 'flashy' players they think of players that push the play forward with their dribbling and fancy moves while also creating offensive opportunities or going by 2 or 3 players before scoring or putting through an pleasing pass that unlocks the defence or scoring long distance screamers, etc.

Anyway, I think Verratti is great and I think he can be marketable anyway (as I said) I was just pointing out that flashy, offensive players tend to be more marketable for obvious reasons and that's why someone like KdB could easily go for 80m while Verratti might not (though he could still).

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France

Because he causes them heart attacks. At first Blanc wanted to change him. He even benched him a few times. But since then he has admitted it's probably for the better.
Remains his hothead character and more shooting and he'd be the perfect player.

Jan 3, 2012
Because he causes them heart attacks. At first Blanc wanted to change him. He even benched him a few times. But since then he has admitted it's probably for the better.
Remains his hothead character and more shooting and he'd be the perfect player.

Is his shot any good?

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
Hmm not so sure I agree. The Pirlo hype became unreal after the 2012 Euros when he bossed around the England midfield and had that panenka penalty. He was regarded as a top 5 midfielder at the world and was one of the most popular players in Europe after that tournament.

Funny enough, Verrati models his game after Pirlo apparently.

Get Verratti to grow a beard and own a vineyard then, he'll sell for a billion

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Actually I'm always surprised when he shoots from a distance (it happens once every 15 games or so), he's pretty powerful. He had one against St Etienne I think last sunday and it was a bomb. Ruffier saved it.
But you can't say his shot is particularly good when he never uses it. He's the kind of player who when in front of the goalie, would rather pass it to a teammate in a worse angle.

Jan 3, 2012
Actually I'm always surprised when he shoots from a distance (it happens once every 15 games or so), he's pretty powerful. He had one against St Etienne I think last sunday and it was a bomb. Ruffier saved it.
But you can't say his shot is particularly good when he never uses it. He's the kind of player who when in front of the goalie, would rather pass it to a teammate in a worse angle.

The Nhl has a few playmakers who have mastered passing the puck into the net.

Can he learn to pass the ball into the net? :sarcasm::laugh:

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
Chelsea wants Alex Teixeira of Shakhtar

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Here is PSG's winning goal (Di Maria) against Rennes friday.
Verratti didn't score any assist or dribble made for this goal.
And yet...

njdevsfn95

Help JJJ, Sprite.
Jul 30, 2006
Newcastle reportedly looking at Anthony Koura in France and the possibility of an emergency loan keeper for the Bournemouth match because injuries, of course, injuries.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad