Status
Not open for further replies.

Murphy9

Nov 8, 2010
St.Louis
Jets, Falcons, I guess the NFL has all the cool names locked up:laugh:

oh look here's a logo
falcons.jpg

Oh the irony if the team is called the Falcons, don't you think it's bad enough we got the team?

Funny thing, Thrashers would be suitable for Winnipeg or am I thinking more Saskatchewan?

holy sh**!!! The Falcon is shaped as an F!!!!!!!never noticed that.

whockey

May 12, 2010
Still don't see how they will avoid knockoffs. As soon as the design is released in august, the usual suspects in China will be running them off. Just the way it is I guess.

But thanks for the updates!

not sure exact dates of jersey release (August or September)...but they don't want knock offs to be available for the prime selling season ( start of season)....they want to capitalize on the hype obviously.
they won"t be able to avoid knock off's ...but at least make it tough for them...and apaprently REEBOK working to stamp out the knock off's (league wide).

***ARROWS OR STEALTH *******ARROWs (reference to an airplane that was made in Winnipeg..)or Stealth ......*****these are my guess's....no insider info...just hunch

AugustBurnsRed*

They'd draft as Winnipeg

Well then we should be able to assume that it would be Winnipeg instead of Manitoba then.. since they don't have a name I figured they wouldn't use Winnipeg/Manitoba since that's a big issue of the naming discussion.

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
It's not that big of a deal to draft as the city they'll be playing in without a name or logo. It'll just be a nondescript NHL jersey. I know it's a huge deal to us at a website called Hockey's Future, but it's just the draft.

Drafting as Winnipeg wouldn't mean they couldn't call themselves Manitoba...and the reverse is true as well. I know people are starting to grow impatient since they want to know but really...it's just not a big deal. Things will be in place when they need to be. June 24th isn't September.

Eaglepride*

With the 7th overall... True North Sports and Entertainment selects.... ?

That's laaaame.

that would epicly suck if you ask me. They're either going with Winnipeg selects or the former Thrashers are proud to select (paying the ex location some tribut) maybe.

wpgsilver

Jun 14, 2011
Winnipeg
that would epicly suck if you ask me. They're either going with Winnipeg selects or the former Thrashers are proud to select (paying the ex location some tribut) maybe.

I don't think there is ANY chance that Chevy gets up there and say "the former Thrashers". I don't think they will OR should in any way mention Atlanta.
I am fully supportive of there being a place for the thrasher history within the franchise, but to introduce the team/brand by referencing the former home of the team? Terrible idea.
This video of the first pick will forever be replayed when talking about the franchise. I think it's unfortunate that the team name won't be used, but hopefully this tells us something about the location their going to use. For instance the Winnipeg franchise selects... or the Manitoba franchise selects.... It'll be interesting to see how they handle it, but they will not mention ATL.

AugustBurnsRed*

I don't think there is ANY chance that Chevy gets up there and say "the former Thrashers". I don't think they will OR should in any way mention Atlanta.
I am fully supportive of there being a place for the thrasher history within the franchise, but to introduce the team/brand by referencing the former home of the team? Terrible idea.
This video of the first pick will forever be replayed when talking about the franchise. I think it's unfortunate that the team name won't be used, but hopefully this tells us something about the location their going to use. For instance the Winnipeg franchise selects... or the Manitoba franchise selects.... It'll be interesting to see how they handle it, but they will not mention ATL.

It's not a for sure thing that they aren't using the name.

Brazz

This boat is 4 real!
Nov 6, 2005
winnipeg.nhl.com redirects to nhl.com/winnipeg

Yes it will be the Jets.

If it is going to be tne Winnipeg Jets why wouldn't they use a vintage Jets jerseys at the draft instead of the generic NHL jerseys as TNSE has said?

AugustBurnsRed*

If it is going to be tne Winnipeg Jets why wouldn't they use a vintage Jets jerseys at the draft instead of the generic NHL jerseys as TNSE has said?

Somebody quoted Cheveldayoff as saying "it won't necessarily be the jersey they will be wearing next season". They brought up the point that it might be the vintage Jets.. and I think it's a fair conclusion given how Chevy worded it.

Jets4Life

Dec 25, 2003
Westward Ho, Alberta
The Winnipeg team name will NOT be Falcons. I did a search for trademarks, and hockey canada owns the rights to the name, and there is no "Manitoba Falcons" applications ever.

Brodie

HACK THE BONE! HACK THE BONE!
Mar 19, 2009
Chicago
The Winnipeg team name will NOT be Falcons. I did a search for trademarks, and hockey canada owns the rights to the name, and there is no "Manitoba Falcons" applications ever.

There's no application on file for Manitoba Jets either, but the speculation is still running wild

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad