Speculation: Winnipeg Jets to get 3rd Jersey next season - with a new logo

purdy44

Registered Loser
Feb 8, 2013
Lac Seul, ON
We should wear brown leather skates and gloves with these unigforms....It will look like my old table top hockey players when I was a kid :D

il_340x270.802459783_omt9.jpg
Honestly brown gloves would terrific with these 3rds

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Reactions: Guardian17

Cellee

Dec 20, 2014
That isn't a truth. It is fantasy. 'Franchise' is just an unfortunate accounting construct that the NHL does wrong.

Atlanta Thrashers history means exactly zero in Winnipeg too. Connecting the 2 is just pretense.

City/region history is separate from franchise history, whether we like it or not.

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
Not a fan of the Jets 2.0 jersey (or logo for that matter) but these thirds are horribad. Totally amateur. WTF is True North thinking?

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
City/region history is separate from franchise history, whether we like it or not.

Agree - but nobody cares about 'franchises'. Really, no body.

Do you care about Kovalchuk's time with our franchise? I sure as **** don't.
Do you think anybody in Arizona cares about Hawerchuk? Or even knows his name?

Cellee

Dec 20, 2014
Agree - but nobody cares about 'franchises'. Really, no body.

Do you care about Kovalchuk's time with our franchise? I sure as **** don't.
Do you think anybody in Arizona cares about Hawerchuk? Or even knows his name?

I do when we talk franchise records.

It will fade over time, but the Flames still reference Atlanta on their uniforms.

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013

It will fade over time, but the Flames still reference Atlanta on their uniforms.

There are also "team records" though - on NHL.com you can break down historical stats by "team", not "franchise", which separates the Jets (since 2011) from the Thrashers. That's my personal favourite way to look at the stats.

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014

But why do we ever talk franchise records? Or, more to the point, do we ever talk franchise records? The talking heads on TV do it, but does anyone care when they do? Well, apparently you do. But why? Completely meaningless.

The way I look at it, Jets 1.0 went broke (they did). The assets of the dead franchise were sold to a new owner in Phoenix. The assets included player contracts and rights plus the league licence, that is the franchise. But that is all it was. Just the remaining assets of a dead entity.

It was the same when we got the Thrashers. The history can be moved on paper but history doesn't work that way. It is not just an asset. It is what happened and that doesn't change when an accountant moves some numbers from one ledger to another. Jets 1.0 happened in Winnipeg, not Phoenix. Did Poland's history transfer to Germany in 1939?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad