Speculation: Winnipeg Jets to get 3rd Jersey next season - with a new logo

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013
I think this actually is gonna look awesome once it's on a player, the render of it is super skinny and weird looking - even the heritage would look bad with those dimensions

This is the women's Heritage jersey (note the Reebok cut is a bit different than the Adidas one):

Fiy84vk.png

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
I think the lack of red is a major fail IMO. Never been a fan of wordmark logos for sports team either. There is just so much potential for a team named the Jets and they did not realize that potential.

Reactions: tacogeoff

JordyRamone

May 27, 2011
Brandon MB
I like it. Probably more than their current ones. Like the like lighter blue. Always think it's lame when a team picks black or close to black colours. Like the lettering. Jets in handwriting looks better than the cheesey block lettering like the bolts jersey. Maybe wish they had a bit of red but this looks sharp and with numbers it will be real sharp. Now the real question, should I get wheeler, ehlers or buff...

Reactions: Luc Labelle

ItchyScratchy77

Jul 1, 2016
Winnipeg
Too busy. Too American. (for me, anyway...)

You must hate the heritage jersey too. Since this would simply be an opposing version of that jersey, with the current logo obv. The logo sure isn’t American. This new one is the most boring jersey I have ever laid my eyes on. The original rendering of this jersey that someone put on here was way nicer. I wouldn’t spend $20 on that jersey to add to my collection. I’m hoping they leaked it as a joke and this isn’t the actual jersey. Is ****ing hideous.

kylbaz

Winnipeg <3
Nov 14, 2015
www.movingtowinnipeg.ca
Did a quick photoshop widening the jersey a bit and putting a name and number on. Just used a stock Adidas font.

L1M3AjL.png

Looks okay there. I think seeing the image that was released is seeing it at it's worse. I think with the numbers like above, contrasting pants and seeing it on someone it might actually look okay. Actually the more I look at it with the name and number the more I like it. Kinda hated it when I first saw it.

JordyRamone

May 27, 2011
Brandon MB
Ok this looks good. Without any lettering it looks like a Walmart jersey
Same thing happen to the wheat Kings jerseys a while back. Their black ones legit look like practise jerseys. When names and numbers are added like looks a lot better. I imagine this will be the same.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
You must hate the heritage jersey too. Since this would simply be an opposing version of that jersey, with the current logo obv. The logo sure isn’t American. This new one is the most boring jersey I have ever laid my eyes on. The original rendering of this jersey that someone put on here was way nicer. I wouldn’t spend $20 on that jersey to add to my collection. I’m hoping they leaked it as a joke and this isn’t the actual jersey. Is ****ing hideous.
That blue one looks busier than the HC, and somehow this looks more like a Columbus sort of vibe, to me.

Anyway, everyone has their own taste.

ItchyScratchy77

Jul 1, 2016
Winnipeg
That blue one looks busier than the HC, and somehow this looks more like a Columbus sort of vibe, to me.

Anyway, everyone has their own taste.

Agreed, it does look busier than the white one. New one just isn’t busy enough, imo. They could have done better. Even though you like it, I’m sure you can agree on that?

Potrzebie

Mar 25, 2010
Like others have said, I will reserve judgement until I see the complete uniform. I was not a big fan of the current jerseys at launch (especially the road whites), but really changed my mind when I saw the complete uniform with socks and everything.

Brominator

Sep 12, 2009
WPG
It's not every day that your Hfboards username gets mentioned in the Free Press....

Internet might have offered sneak peek at new Jets jersey

The website says the image (originally posted to website HFBoards by a user named Brominator) had been spotted on the official online store for the National Hockey League, but has since been taken down.

Is this what it feels like to be internet famous?:P

Last edited:

DJBiffWPG

May 30, 2018
Ugliest jersey in the League by far.

Should have just kept the Heritage Jerseys as the third.

TXHockeyFan

May 11, 2018
Good luck to you all this year even though I'm a Stars fan by nature. Jets were still my playoff team--loved the threads here, had never seen anything like it.

Game in a traditional market = dream. Game up north would be sick though. If you guys wanna buy me a round trip so I can experience that atmosphere, feel free

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad