Speculation: Winnipeg Jets to get 3rd Jersey next season - with a new logo

Afterburner

FREE UKRAINE
Sponsor
Jun 24, 2016
Dimension C-137
Unlike the Heritage Classic jerseys, the new thirds are not getting much positive comments on the main boards (National Hockey League Talk). We once ranked #1 in The Hockey News magazine for our thirds with these.......

618917580-nikolaj-ehlers-of-the-winnipeg-jets-skates-with-the.jpg

:jets

So freaking beautiful

Reactions: Guardian17

buggs

screenshot
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2012
somewhere flat
I'm a little on the fence until I see it in person and also with full gear. Initial response is that I like the color, but am a little let down by the logo. Not that I want a busy logo (not a fan of those), but this one seems too far the other way possibly. Also not a fan off first glance on the size of the white bands, but that might look different in person.
That covers my feelings as well. I'm not in love with it but don't absolutely hate it. Will give it time to see it in person.

JohnStaymoose

Bring Back The Trough
Jul 2, 2016
Mordor
To be bluntly honest I'm sick of True North trying to shove Aviator Blue (baby blue) down our throats. It has to be one of my least favorite colours and just doesn't work that well with a sport jersey in my opinion. The Word Mark is decent enough but leaves the jersey looking rather bland or like it's missing something. I appreciate the old school design of it but overall it just doesn't work for me, it's boring and the colour choices look like they were chosen by a Kindergarten. Royal Blue would have been a much better colour choice and incorporated some red for a more distinguished design and better flow. The trim choice is rather odd as well but is the least of this designs problems. This all coming from a Graphic Designer. Throw these out and just use the Heritage Classic Jersey please and thank you.

Reactions: Guardian17

Cellee

Dec 20, 2014
While you are correct that I love the HCs, the new thirds aren't too bad. I just don't think that TNSE can expect these to sell as well as the HC jerseys if that's what they were hoping. I could be wrong about that since our fans love the Jets and may buy them anyway. However, I still think they had a hit with the HC jerseys and for some reason didn't run with it. You could tell by the positive feedback from others outside of Winnipeg that they looked good whereas the reaction to our new thirds is less than positive and moreso just indifferent.

:jets
Everyone loves the HCs because they are great. I think TNSE needs the ability to branch out from everything being a 1.0 tie in though.

I honestly get sick of it. This team is 7 years old, not 37.

I don't think these are some exceptional gift to hockey fashion. I do think they are solid.

The worst part is the 1.0 stripes. They are super generic. They are also a semi theft of the Penguins Winter Classic. I am also a Pens fan, I hate/have always hated those stupid retros.

Cellee

Dec 20, 2014
To be bluntly honest I'm sick of True North trying to shove Aviator Blue (baby blue) down our throats. It has to be one of my least favorite colours and just doesn't work that well with a sport jersey in my opinion. The Word Mark is decent enough but leaves the jersey looking rather bland or like it's missing something. I appreciate the old school design of it but overall it just doesn't work for me, it's boring and the colour choices look like they were chosen by a Kindergarten. Royal Blue would have been a much better colour choice and incorporated some red for a more distinguished design and better flow. The trim choice is rather odd as well but is the least of this designs problems. This all coming from a Graphic Designer. Throw these out and just use the Heritage Classic Jersey please and thank you.
I love aviator blue.

#ditch navy

Reactions: purdy44

HannuJ

Nov 20, 2011
Toronno
What are you talking about?
Are you worried that people are going to think that these new uniforms of ours are New York Jets under the table knock offs?
honestly?
i'm just glad you stopped with that Spock shit. it was annoying as hell and goading you into a jersey discussion was a great way to get you to finally stop and post like someone that's not 11. :)

Neuf

Leaving HFBoards for now
Dec 17, 2016
Meh. The black is too stark for my liking. Shoulders are boring. It's not terrible, but it isn't really an interesting logo or jersey.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad