Speculation: Winnipeg Jets to get 3rd Jersey next season - with a new logo

Hobble

Sep 2, 2010
Hopefully when this plain Jane Jersey walked into the arena, takes off her glasses and drops her hair, we see that she's actually the hottest jersey in the league.

But probably not.

A Jets jersey I don't immediately want to go out and buy. Will stick with my HC Scheifele.

Reactions: DannyGallivan

HannuJ

Nov 20, 2011
Toronno
How does this jersey not differentiate the two Jets pro sports teams?
This is a blue hockey jersey, not a green football jersey.
womens-touchdown-tri-blend-new-york-jets-t-shirt.jpg

or
images

or
images

*shrugs*

Jetsfan79

Jul 12, 2011
Winnipeg, MB
Even though it's not a big issue as some posters have already said, it would of been nice if the jersey/logo said something about either Winnipeg, True North or Hockey. These feelings would of course been mitigated if they designed it even a tad more stylized than it is.

Reactions: Guardian17

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Even though it's not a big issue as some posters have already said, it would of been nice if the jersey/logo said something about either Winnipeg, True North or Hockey. These feelings would of course been mitigated if they designed it even a tad more stylized than it is.
It's a hockey jersey....

The only NHL team called the Jets is from Winnipeg...

Who needs the owners referenced on the jersey (imagine Melnyk showing up on the Sens alternate jersey :laugh:)?

They might have done something a bit more with the stripes, I suppose, but I think the visual impact on the ice and on TV is going to be good.

Cellee

Dec 20, 2014
I will be honest, the "we are True North" is kind of annoying.

Should have just stuck with "We are Winnipeg".

Reactions: purdy44

Cellee

Dec 20, 2014
Unlike the Heritage Classic jerseys, the new thirds are not getting much positive comments on the main boards (National Hockey League Talk). We once ranked #1 in The Hockey News magazine for our thirds with these.......

618917580-nikolaj-ehlers-of-the-winnipeg-jets-skates-with-the.jpg

:jets

We get it you love the HCs you were never going to like anything that wasn't them.

Why torture yourself?

Kamo

Jul 10, 2011
In my opinion, I think there pretty bad. There's nothing there. It's way too plain. The logo isn't creative at all, it's just Jets. I've just never liked when jerseys have had the name of their team or city across the chest. Also not a fan of the blue it seems dated.

Oh well I just won't get this jersey.

Jetsfan79

Jul 12, 2011
Winnipeg, MB
It's a hockey jersey....

The only NHL team called the Jets is from Winnipeg...

Who needs the owners referenced on the jersey (imagine Melnyk showing up on the Sens alternate jersey :laugh:)?

They might have done something a bit more with the stripes, I suppose, but I think the visual impact on the ice and on TV is going to be good.

I'm not disagreeing with most of what you said. Its just that it would of been nice if there was a little more imagination to the design thats all. The old Hartford Whalers Jersey is a good example of a relatively clean, unbusy jersey but with some cleverness to it. I feel like I could of designed the concept of this jersey. I dont think I would ever come up with the original Hartford design in comparison.

Spock

Commander
Oct 5, 2017
Vulcan
yes, because every American out there walks around knowing that one's wearing a hockey jersey and not random paraphernalia.

and shall we talk about these?
New%20York%20Jets%20Joe%20Namath%20Green%20Stitched%20Hooded%20Sweatshirt.jpg

What are you talking about?
Are you worried that people are going to think that these new uniforms of ours are New York Jets under the table knock offs?

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Unlike the Heritage Classic jerseys, the new thirds are not getting much positive comments on the main boards (National Hockey League Talk). We once ranked #1 in The Hockey News magazine for our thirds with these.......

618917580-nikolaj-ehlers-of-the-winnipeg-jets-skates-with-the.jpg

Those looked great, partly because of the red pants. I have one and like it.

Hammer Slammer

Mar 26, 2010
Winnipeg
Don't hate it but don't love it, I'm somewhere in the middle right now. I'll wait and see what the names/numbers look like and what it looks like on a player. I tend to crap on new jerseys, and then I see them on the ice on a player and my opinion changes.

It sucks that the (what looks to be) women's jersey got leaked the day before they're showing them off. Maybe they'll look better in person tomorrow.

DowntownBooster

Jun 21, 2011
Winnipeg
We get it you love the HCs you were never going to like anything that wasn't them.

Why torture yourself?

While you are correct that I love the HCs, the new thirds aren't too bad. I just don't think that TNSE can expect these to sell as well as the HC jerseys if that's what they were hoping. I could be wrong about that since our fans love the Jets and may buy them anyway. However, I still think they had a hit with the HC jerseys and for some reason didn't run with it. You could tell by the positive feedback from others outside of Winnipeg that they looked good whereas the reaction to our new thirds is less than positive and moreso just indifferent.

Reactions: Guardian17

Fishy

May 14, 2016
Winterpeg
Damn,

I guess the team will have to relocate, then? :sarcasm:

I hate our primaries. I tried to love them but especially the whites are gross. Our new logo is ugly. The first wordmark looks like a teenager on pot drew it. The stripes going up and down the arm are ridiculous. I didn't buy it (someone gave me one) but somehow, it managed to sell very well.

This third will sell very well, too. People will fall in love with it, it represents our team. Even those who don't will buy it because they realize that's how the Jets will survive and thrive.

Ok, over-reaction, but very disappointed. If someone buys me one I may wear it!

I donate plenty to the Jets buying $10 beers.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->