Speculation: Winnipeg Jets to get 3rd Jersey next season - with a new logo

Mathil8

▌▌▌│▌▌│▌▌▌│▌▌│▌▌▌
Jul 24, 2011
Winnipeg, Manitoba
I think the striping and logo look really off/large because it's a women's jersey. Hopefully it looks better on the men's. Reserving judgement til when I see it with pants/socks.

Last edited:
Reactions: purdy44

Whileee

May 29, 2010
I think it will look great in full uniform, with full numbers, etc. It's modern and clean. Many women and younger people will prefer it to the busy stuff with pictures of jet fighters. It's completely different from the various iterations that try to capture some essence of the 70s, etc.

Definitely will consider getting one, and I'd bet one of my daughters might consider this version.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Wow, gorgeous jersey.

It's very clean and sharp. It will look good on the ice and that's when it will grow on everyone.

Sure it's missing some "uniqueness", but I'd rather look good than garish.
Agree completely. I felt that some of the previous jerseys were trying to hard to bring in the air force theme, or nod to the Jets' nostalgia. This is bold, crisp and confident. The Jets don't need to explain to everyone who they are anymore.

HannuJ

Nov 20, 2011
Toronno
Agree completely. I felt that some of the previous jerseys were trying to hard to bring in the air force theme, or nod to the Jets' nostalgia. This is bold, crisp and confident. The Jets don't need to explain to everyone who they are anymore.
except that there's a NY Jets' football club and this jersey doesn't differentiate between the two

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
And now, for my rendering :laugh:
Jets 2018 - 19 Third Jerseay.png

A career in graphic arts? Maybe not :P

Fishy

May 14, 2016
Winterpeg

Except that they are a hockey team. From Winnipeg.

Hate it. I will never buy this jersey. Ever.

Jetsfan79

Jul 12, 2011
Winnipeg, MB
It's really sad that the trend these days for jerseys/logos is to make things more "clean and simple" (IMHO) . I imagine in 50 years jerseys will be nothing but 1 solid colour.

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida

Damn,

I guess the team will have to relocate, then? :sarcasm:

I hate our primaries. I tried to love them but especially the whites are gross. Our new logo is ugly. The first wordmark looks like a teenager on pot drew it. The stripes going up and down the arm are ridiculous. I didn't buy it (someone gave me one) but somehow, it managed to sell very well.

This third will sell very well, too. People will fall in love with it, it represents our team. Even those who don't will buy it because they realize that's how the Jets will survive and thrive.

Whileee

May 29, 2010

To each his own...

I travel overseas a lot... people are figuring out that the "Jets" is Winnipeg's hockey team - at least anyone who cares at all about ice hockey.

HannuJ

Nov 20, 2011
Toronno
Damn,

I guess the team will have to relocate, then? :sarcasm:

I hate our primaries. I tried to love them but especially the whites are gross. Our new logo is ugly. The first wordmark looks like a teenager on pot drew it. The stripes going up and down the arm are ridiculous. I didn't buy it (someone gave me one) but somehow, it managed to sell very well.

This third will sell very well, too. People will fall in love with it, it represents our team. Even those who don't will buy it because they realize that's how the Jets will survive and thrive.
i will agree with you (which, again, scares the shit out of me because i used to never, ever agree with you about anything. haha). i don't love the white jerseys. the arm stripes are really odd. and i don't like blue on blue.

i don't mind the logo. grown to like/accept it. i'd still put the Jets' dark jerseys and logo in the top 1/3 in the league (off the top of my head and not including 3rd jerseys: Boston, Wpg, Mtl, chicago, flyers, penguins, florida, San Jose and, yes, the Coyotes)

Reactions: Jet

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010
I'm a little on the fence until I see it in person and also with full gear. Initial response is that I like the color, but am a little let down by the logo. Not that I want a busy logo (not a fan of those), but this one seems too far the other way possibly. Also not a fan off first glance on the size of the white bands, but that might look different in person.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
It's really sad that the trend these days for jerseys/logos is to make things more "clean and simple" (IMHO) . I imagine in 50 years jerseys will be nothing but 1 solid colour.
We have a couple of options with a more "busy" design (like the Heritage Classic). This provides an option for a cleaner and crisper design, for those that prefer that.

I think they'll look great on the ice and on TV, too.

Reactions: Spock

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad