Winnipeg Jets Prospect Thread 2013-2014 (Part VI)

Status
Not open for further replies.

leafster7

Leafs and Jets fan
May 12, 2010
Toronto
For all those who bashed the Jets management for choosing Josh Morrissey earlier this year, are you guys regretting opening your mouths because he is putting up good numbers this year in the WHL?

JetsHomer

Nov 29, 2011
I still think Zadorov will be a good defender in the NHL. His defensive game is quite good, even if he doesn't score much I could see him being a good player.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
For all those who bashed the Jets management for choosing Josh Morrissey earlier this year, are you guys regretting opening your mouths because he is putting up good numbers this year in the WHL?

Our Fans have a tradition on draft day with our 1st picks leafster7......"often wrong but never in doubt"

when Scheiflele was picked (over Coots) the sky was falling and that set a trend at our official draft party. The following year when Trouba was picked (I was not at the party) I heard the reaction was the same....very negative because the party goers wanted Foresburg. Our board was a little better with mixed opinion on Jacob but some of us were pretty passionate that TNSE got that one right. Morrissey was the worst reaction of all and I believe it was because the party wanted Domi and he went the pick before us. Friends of mine ran the draft party and they said there was a huge audible groan, some boos, papers thrown in the air, and half the party cleared out :laugh::laugh:. the problem is this year nobody seemed to know who we passed over at the party they were just mad based on ignorance of the pick and probably partially by TSN's usual "THAT WAS OFF THE BOARD" comment. Most of the posters on our board seemed to not be as familiar with Josh either but once video circulated of his game and we found out about his character I think most on our board settled into a wait and see attitude and were thrilled by the balance of our picks that day.

To be fair I think most fans came around quickly when they saw Morrissey at camp and then especially in preseason when he was paired with Buff and people could witness the magic man (PA's commentator calls him that) on TV. Josh got pretty glowing reviews by the press and the fans and I think people quickly warmed up to the idea of a Morrissey Trouba pairing for years to come.

Joe Hallenback

Mar 4, 2005
Got a chance to watch a few games this weekend

Petan - Was at his best tormenting a bad Blazer team. Ended the night with 3 points and scored a dandy on the PK. Out of all the positives about him as a player what I love about him the most is his need to get the puck first at all times. He absolutely does not back down or give up on pucks. He is not afraid and he is not a perimeter player. With all the size the Jets have I can see him slotting in nicely in the future.

De Leo - Pretty much a Petan light. I don't think he is as talented as Petan but he sure plays a very similar game and he is slighty bigger. I can see him going in the 2nd round similar to Petan but he would be good value there I think.

Bittner - Not draft eligible till 2015. Huge player with a good skill set. Reminds me alot of Lowry perhaps not as physical but with better hands. I can see him going top 15 next year.

Morrissey - Great game against Kootenay. Felt like he never came off the ice. Scored a nice goal. Played very hard physically. I think he is the best defenseman in the WHL right now.

Draisaitl - As advertised should be a very high draft pick. Dangerous player all night. Choppy skating stride but high end skill. He reminds me a bit of Frolik as he gets a ton of chances but doesn't bury them all the time.

Reinhart - He was good but not great. I can see why he is ranked the way he is but I think for some people he will be underwhelming in the same way some people think Toews is underwhelming.

jetkarma*

Reinhart - He was good but not great. I can see why he is ranked the way he is but I think for some people he will be underwhelming in the same way some people think Toews is underwhelming.

These some people are not hockey people then? Yikes , Toews underwhelming...

Thanks for the reviews , and the comment is not intended as a negative to you at all .

Joe Hallenback

Mar 4, 2005
These some people are not hockey people then? Yikes , Toews underwhelming...

Thanks for the reviews , and the comment is not intended as a negative to you at all .

A lot of people feel Toews is "underwhelming" because his best point season is 76. There are some people that believe since you can't measure intangibles it has no place in determining the value of a hockey player.

I for one am not one of those people.

garret9

AKA#VitoCorrelationi
Mar 31, 2012
Vancouver
www.hockey-graphs.com

JetsHomer

Nov 29, 2011
So I guess there was an afternoon game today for some reason, Kosmachuk had an assist in a 9-3 win.

Grind

Stomacheache AllStar
Jan 25, 2012
Manitoba
Particularly with Olkinuora sitting on the bench in the AHL not getting any time at all. Very odd situation.

i'm starting to hate our managment :D

jk

kind of....

Probably nothing to worry about but by all account pasquale hasn't been great so i really don't get why we're in the holding pattern we are. Man i need to take abreak. i'm a bummer today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad