Winnipeg Jets Prospect Thread 2013-2014 (Part VI)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sweech

Oh When the Spurs
Jun 30, 2011
Hamilton, Ontario
My only guess is that they want Imoo hands on with Juho and that is easier to do in St. John's. Can't figure it out otherwise. Why sign Hutch if he isn't going to get ice in either of the big leagues.

The worst part is: I think Hutch is possibly better than Eddie and Juho.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
I still think Zadorov will be a good defender in the NHL. His defensive game is quite good, even if he doesn't score much I could see him being a good player.

Buffalo just sent him back to London. He played in 7 games.

Sweech

Oh When the Spurs
Jun 30, 2011
Hamilton, Ontario
And championships :)

Bad players win Championships too.

chris-osgood-stanley-cup-nc-thumb.jpg

jetkarma*

Bad players win Championships too.

chris-osgood-stanley-cup-nc-thumb.jpg

Of course,however how many bad players are key components and or team captains? repeatedly?

Next year there will be a change to Canada's U17 teams . Gone will be the 5 area teams including Team West which was made up of Manitoba/Saskatchewan players .

One of the reasons is that some teams face a distinct disadvantage due to size etc. There will be three teams and players from everywhere will be mixed . Team Western ( Manitoba / Saskatchewan ) will be no longer , the same of course for Team Pacific , Team Ontario , Team Quebec and Team Atlantic.

Team Western historically has been challenged in this tournament , as they not only play the other Canadian squads but the other non Canadian teams are one team per country . Team USA for example.

Team Western however did win the championship one year , one guess who was the team captain and MVP for this monumental result.

It was an indicator of all to come , not an isolated incident.

Sweech

Oh When the Spurs
Jun 30, 2011
Hamilton, Ontario
Of course,however how many bad players are key components and or team captains? repeatedly?

Next year there will be a change to Canada's U17 teams . Gone will be the 5 area teams including Team West which was made up of Manitoba/Saskatchewan players .

One of the reasons is that some teams face a distinct disadvantage due to size etc. There will be three teams and players from everywhere will be mixed . Team Western ( Manitoba / Saskatchewan ) will be no longer , the same of course for Team Pacific , Team Ontario , Team Quebec and Team Atlantic.

Team Western historically has been challenged in this tournament , as they not only play the other Canadian squads but the other non Canadian teams are one team per country . Team USA for example.

Team Western however did win the championship one year , one guess who was the team captain and MVP for this monumental result.

It was an indicator of all to come , not an isolated incident.

That's all true and Toews is one of my favourite players. All I was saying was rings don't mean a lot, as all you had stated was championships adding value, with nothing behind it.

jetkarma*

Guess who's father will be his head coach ?

Similar size to his son too !

jetkarma*

That's all true and Toews is one of my favourite players. All I was saying was rings don't mean a lot, as all you had stated was championships adding value, with nothing behind it.

When it comes to JT I didn't/don't think it was needed. Anyone who has paid attention knows there is/was a lot behind him and championships.

jetkarma*

You going to go to a game now that you're not to far away? Maybe when another Jets team is in town? :P

Have looked at the schedule and will go to at least a few games. Also have looked at the Giants schedule too ... will be in Vancouver the next two weekends as the High School Football championships will be played first at UBC and then BC Place.

Oh and Stewart Maclean is there Dec . 1 and someone wants to go for her birthday , so maybe a hockey game for CBC radio performance as she isn't a hockey fan.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mathmew Purrrr Oh

#meowmeowmeowmeow
Apr 18, 2013
meow
Scott Kosmachuk and The Guelph Storm looking to rain all over The Windsor Spitfires this friday on Sportsnet
Check your local listings!

jetkarma*

I'm still really enthused by our 2013 draft class. A solid mix of high-end skill, size, and grit.

A lot of picks utilized very well.

I think that Kevin Cheveldayoff would like that to be his drafting mo. It isn't easy to do perhaps but having several extra picks in rounds 2/3/4 is a recipe to add quality depth and to perhaps hit on a couple of picks where you get a player that performs much better than his draft slot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad