Speculation: Winnipeg Jets Jacob Trouba Possible Trades

CaptainChef

Jan 5, 2014
Bedroom Jetsville
Well I've been hammered on Antropov, Burmistrov, Jokinen, Fehr, Tangradi, Kane, over the years and who turned out to be right on every player?

!

Truthfully Sip, I don't think there's a player on the Jets that you haven't poo-pooed on at some time. Schief, Ehlers, etc.... they've all had a turn on your **** list. If you list all, your bound to be right sometimes;)

ffh

Jul 16, 2016
Phillys 2 RDs are Gudas & Streit -- so ya I think they could use another top 4 RHD. And who said anything about Lowry needing to be included in that deal.

But yes I see your point about Philly being too close to the cap to consider taking 5.5 without us taking some salary back. But with Streit (5.25) or Schultz (3.9) both being UFAs at the end of this season, I'm sure a deal could be made where short-term salary comes back.

Just for the record if you go to the philly boards and look at their projected line up . Everyone has the ghoste at rd . So although he shoots left he plays the right side. So no real need for myers . Funny thing is the Ghoste is doing something we think trouba cant do.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
Just for the record if you go to the philly boards and look at their projected line up . Everyone has the ghoste at rd . So although he shoots left he plays the right side. So no real need for myers . Funny thing is the Ghoste is doing something we think trouba cant do.

Because there are more LD than RD almost all of them have played the offside at some point growing up. However Trouba did quite well on the offside at the WJHC when paired with Seth Jones and won best D award. He looks pretty good alongside Buff as well. I'm not sure why he couldn't do it.

ffh

Jul 16, 2016
Because there are more LD than RD almost all of them have played the offside at some point growing up. However Trouba did quite well on the offside at the WJHC when paired with Seth Jones and won best D award. He looks pretty good alongside Buff as well. I'm not sure why he couldn't do it.

I agree.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014

Streit is likely entering his last year. Gudas is OK but not great. If they don't see a need then there is no deal to be made.

Who said Trouba can't play his off side?

SLAYER

Cilantro Connoisseur
Oct 26, 2012
Winnipeg
Maybe I should have said; Jet's management and coaching are great, our D is great, our forwards are all great, goal tending is great

TBH I'd be pretty worried if you posted that. Might have to send someone to check up on you.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Somebody else posted earlier that philly has 2 rd so they have no use for myers. The big point the main point is myers and lowry is 6.7 cap hit. Sandheim is 900 k. So philly takes a 5.8 mill more cap hit. They only have 1 mill left in cap space. Should they buy some one out now.
Thats why these trades never happen its too much for 1 team to take on . It has to be equal money going back. You want to get rid of 7 mill in cap space 7 mill is coming back. Thats the way it works.

Um, right there? I stated that Trouba should be on the top pairing on the left side with Buff. You stated you disagreed.

:dunno:

In any event: you have your opinion on this, I have mine. We'll probably see both setups / pairings this year, so we'll see.

Ummm .... pretty selective quoting there ywg. I expect better from you. The next sentence in that post:
With our current roster that's exactly were he should play.

I suppose I could have added 'all the time'.

I don't want any other setup/pairing any more than you do. I want a better roster. Do you not? That would be a little strange.

Scheifele55

Jun 22, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Geez, I've seen better trades proposed by other fans on the trade boards! Perhaps I have Trouba overvalued but can you imagine the uproar if we traded Trouba & Burmi to TB for Kucerov (a forward we don't even want or need). gawd thats horrible.

Or Trouba, Petan, a 2nd, and Stuart to Edmonton for another guy we don't need (Nugent-Hopkins) and Nurse (a totally unproven prospect).

maybe its just me, but is this guy for real. And his last line -- Even though Kevin Chevaldayoff denied it, there is a very good chance that Trouba has played his last game in blue and white

Most people are going to overvalue Jacob Trouba. Is he really a proven prospect? He is further along than Darnell Nurse, but so many people claim he regressed last year. It would be nice to package Trouba for something better.

CaptainChef

Jan 5, 2014
Bedroom Jetsville
Most people are going to overvalue Jacob Trouba. Is he really a proven prospect? He is further along than Darnell Nurse, but so many people claim he regressed last year. It would be nice to package Trouba for something better.

Come on - really. This is what you expect to see from the other fanbases regarding Trouba but not here. He has not regressed; that has been clearly shown. He remains a top notch D-man, unfortunately he's not being used like one. I don't think there is another defenceman on the Jets who could maintain any semblance of being a top 4 D playing most of the time with Stuart. Nurse is nowhere near Trouba and will likely never be anywhere near Trouba.

The only reason we trade Trouba is if he really does not want to play here. If we did want to trade him, you can bet we'd get a nice package back in return.

sully1410

#EggosForEleven
Dec 28, 2011
Calgary, Alta.
Well I've been hammered on Antropov, Burmistrov, Jokinen, Fehr, Tangradi, Kane, over the years and who turned out to be right on every player?

And where on god's green earth does saying Trouba isn't a sure thing top four on a good playoff team say anything but personal opinion?

Maybe I should have said; Jet's management and coaching are great, our D is great, our forwards are all great, goal tending is great to get the Sully approved seal!

You go against the grain on purpose, man and you say things to incite a reaction. Where did I say that every single thing this management group has done has been perfect.

Nowhere. In fact, I have been pretty vocal about their errors.

Congratulations. You were right about Antropov, but I don't seem to remember a lot of people thinking he was a 1st line centre here. Fehr spent a lot of time injured...Tangradi was abother player that was a call up. Don't remember a lot of people saying he was going to be spectacular. Jokinen was bad, but it still wasn't a terrible signing at the time and he had a bounce back year and potted 42 pts or something. Kane is Kane. He looked like a really special player coming off that first thirty goal year and it's unfortunate that it never turned into what could have been a great career for him. So I give you full credit for that...

But let's not act like you based that on anything. Your posts come across as being nothing more than a contrarian.

And yes, Trouba would be at worst a top four on a good playoff team
Absolutely yes. Top pair...maybe not...but to try and actually say that on a good team he would on the bottom pairing, is lunacy.

It's great to have an opinion...but back it up. You don't get to hang your hat on the one time that you were actually right when all you did was disagree with us. You, literally, had a 50/50 shot of getting that right.

Grind

Stomacheache AllStar
Jan 25, 2012
Manitoba
If sip was right about every player we'd have been bottom two team every year.

If they've donned a jets Jersey you can bet ol' sips had a go at them!

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
In terms of a d-man playing the off side I found this article interesting. Once a player is comfortable there appears to be some advantages to playing the off side.

http://bmsi.ru/doc/b2d6b875-e063-4ad8-a014-2b19c33da4e6

The prevailing thought is there are advantages in the O zone and disadvantages in the D zone. The offhand D has to use his backhand along the boards which is not ideal for breakout passes.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
An opinion by definition doesn't have to be backed up, but that's just my opinion. Personally, I like a little negativity on the board to balance out the cheerleaders. YMMV.

I think we have a healthy dose of negativity on the board, for what it's worth. ;)

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010
I think we have a healthy dose of negativity on the board, for what it's worth. ;)

It's not the negativity IMO that is bad per se. I like to read and discuss with someone who has a different view if they have reasons and can have a logical and adult conversation. I think you're pretty good at doing that too.

IMO, it's that we have a number of people here who have invented personas, or caricatures who do nothing but post either negativity, or just plain nonsense without substance. It really never adds to any discussion and is pretty childish to boot.

I don't know if they even believe what they post, but are playing some sort of role like a person on the street corner with a sign yelling at the sun. And they think they are funny and/or witty. It's more sad really to me, as we could actually have better conversations without it.

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
An opinion by definition doesn't have to be backed up, but that's just my opinion. Personally, I like a little negativity on the board to balance out the cheerleaders. YMMV.

Imo we have plenty of both overly negative and ridiculous cheerleader types. One can be just as annoying and over the top as the other.

Imo what we lack is enough people with a balanced & reasonable opinions. One who acknowledges all the positive and negatives that the team has done (plenty of both).

Life on a public forum

sully1410

#EggosForEleven
Dec 28, 2011
Calgary, Alta.
It's not the negativity IMO that is bad per se. I like to read and discuss with someone who has a different view if they have reasons and can have a logical and adult conversation. I think you're pretty good at doing that too.

IMO, it's that we have a number of people here who have invented personas, or caricatures who do nothing but post either negativity, or just plain nonsense without substance. It really never adds to any discussion and is pretty childish to boot.

I don't know if they even believe what they post, but are playing some sort of role like a person on the street corner with a sign yelling at the sun. And they think they are funny and/or witty. It's more sad really to me, as we could actually have better conversations without it.

Exactly this.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Imo we have plenty of both overly negative and ridiculous cheerleader types. One can be just as annoying and over the top as the other.

Imo what we lack is enough people with a balanced & reasonable opinions. One who acknowledges all the positive and negatives that the team has done (plenty of both).

Life on a public forum

I actually think our board has a lot of people with balanced and reasonable opinions.

sully1410

#EggosForEleven
Dec 28, 2011
Calgary, Alta.
Anyways guys...let's get back to Trouba talk.

I can't see Anaheim.being overly in favour of a Lindholm/Trouba swap. They are a budget team as is, and it looks like Lindholm wants to get paid...is that something we even want to deal with? And what's to say that they won't have the same issue with Trouba?

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016

I can't see Anaheim.being overly in favour of a Lindholm/Trouba swap. They are a budget team as is, and it looks like Lindholm wants to get paid...is that something we even want to deal with? And what's to say that they won't have the same issue with Trouba?

You have more chance to get Trouba to sign a bridge deal than Lindholm, I reckon. If Lindholm doesn't budge from getting a long term deal, it will take a long time before anything happens on that front. That's also bad for us; if Trouba is waiting for more comparables, this will go on for even longer.

CaptainChef

Jan 5, 2014
Bedroom Jetsville

I'd much rather deal with Lindy & his agent, than Trouba & Overhardt. I'm sure Ana feels the same way however, so no reasonable add could swing a trade of those two right now.

sully1410

#EggosForEleven
Dec 28, 2011
Calgary, Alta.
You have more chance to get Trouba to sign a bridge deal than Lindholm, I reckon. If Lindholm doesn't budge from getting a long term deal, it will take a long time before anything happens on that front. That's also bad for us; if Trouba is waiting for more comparables, this will go on for even longer.

Unless Lindholm bridges...and the longer this drags on the more and more likely it is that it will happen.

CaptainChef

Jan 5, 2014
Bedroom Jetsville
Unless Lindholm bridges...and the longer this drags on the more and more likely it is that it will happen.

Rumor has it a bridge is coming (via Red Dragon -- who confirmed the rumor of the captain's announcement last night via someone from TNSE).

If that happens, I see as a bad sign for Trouba's future in Wpg. If management & Trouba cant reach an agreement now when his worth has not been clearly established & it is pretty clear what a fair $ range is from other similar D signings recently, can you imagine how hard it will be to sign him in 2 years time.

I hate to say it, but this could blow up in Chevy's face much like the Frolic negotiations did.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad