Speculation: Winnipeg Jets Jacob Trouba Possible Trades

CaptainChef

Jan 5, 2014
Bedroom Jetsville
Geez, I've seen better trades proposed by other fans on the trade boards! Perhaps I have Trouba overvalued but can you imagine the uproar if we traded Trouba & Burmi to TB for Kucerov (a forward we don't even want or need). gawd thats horrible.

Or Trouba, Petan, a 2nd, and Stuart to Edmonton for another guy we don't need (Nugent-Hopkins) and Nurse (a totally unproven prospect).

maybe its just me, but is this guy for real. And his last line -- Even though Kevin Chevaldayoff denied it, there is a very good chance that Trouba has played his last game in blue and white

Georgetown Al*

Georgetown Al
Oct 6, 2015
Geez, I've seen better trades proposed by other fans on the trade boards! Perhaps I have Trouba overvalued but can you imagine the uproar if we traded Trouba & Burmi to TB for Kucerov (a forward we don't even want or need). gawd thats horrible.

Or Trouba, Petan, a 2nd, and Stuart to Edmonton for another guy we don't need (Nugent-Hopkins) and Nurse (a totally unproven prospect).

maybe its just me, but is this guy for real. And his last line -- Even though Kevin Chevaldayoff denied it, there is a very good chance that Trouba has played his last game in blue and white

SPECULATION during the hot summer of zero hockey makes for wild speculation... For me tho troubabooster I still think Troubs signs long term but I came across the article so I thought I should share it.

Cheers

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Wow. That "article" is all kinds of terrible. I'm sorry I looked.

SLAYER

Cilantro Connoisseur
Oct 26, 2012
Winnipeg
Brutal. I'm with Whileee, sad that I clicked.

Edit: This is also partially because we've endured months and months of awful Trouba proposals and speculation. Just get 'er done, I'm tired of arguing about his contract.

Georgetown Al*

Georgetown Al
Oct 6, 2015
Wow. That "article" is all kinds of terrible. I'm sorry I looked.

Question to you Whileee and the rest of the ones who post on the Winnipeg Jets HF Boards would you prefer for me only to post new threads that I believe and agree with or just post most of them and let you all decide individually?

I already know there will be some smart and funny comebacks! :sarcasm:

* Or am I just adding to the speculation by posting this and now more articles and stories will come out and all I am doing is feeding a summer speculation beast?

Last edited:

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
Just a note: we reserve the "News Article" tag for articles from (usually) reputable media sources such as TSN, etc. I've changed the tag on this thread to "Speculation".

Regarding the article: I've read more plausible speculation over on the trade board.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Question to you Whileee and the rest of the ones who post on the Winnipeg Jets HF Boards would you prefer for me only to post new threads that I believe and agree with or just post most of them and let you all decide individually?

* Or am I just adding to the speculation by posting this and now more articles and stories will come out and all I am doing is feeding a summer speculation beast?

I think it's great that you and others post any and all links. Maybe just a warning for the terrible ones. We'll still read them and come back and trash them, but at least we were forewarned. :D

Georgetown Al*

Georgetown Al
Oct 6, 2015
Just a note: we reserve the "News Article" tag for articles from (usually) reputable media sources such as TSN, etc. I've changed the tag on this thread to "Speculation".

Regarding the article: I've read more plausible speculation over on the trade board.

Reputable now that's a moving target..... but yes good point, thanks.

zsam

Mar 26, 2016
Winnipeg

You had the best intention by linking to this article. It is a slow summer and we are all hungry for "something" but this writer is totally uninformed and not up-to-speed with hockey sense, IMO.

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand
We need something like the "Eklund" tag so people are forewarned before clicking. :D

I still can't believe that HF recognizes Eklund as a legitimate source. Is it so people can be forewarned that the article is garbage? That's the only reason I see it being of value. I could look in the toilet after pinching a loaf and make better trade rumour calls than Eklund.

Jun 15, 2013
Winnipeg
1) If Chevy wanted Jakob Chychrun he'd have drafted him. Instead he took Logan Stanley. (edit yes I'm a idiot....as someone pointed out Chychrun went b4 Stanley) Rieder & Declair add some value but we are already loaded with depth at wing. Essentially we lose a centreman & a 22 year old stud defenceman for 2 prospects & a 3rd year pro winger that compounds our existing waiver problems.

I'd grade this trade proposal an F

2) Much better. RNH will be an elite centre & Nurse could be the LHD we seek. It also gets Stuart off the books now.

RNH>>>Petan
Trouba>>Nurse

I'm assuming the 2nd rounder that he proposes the Jets give up makes up for Edmonton taking on Stuart & his salary.

Something to consider, but the Jets take a HUGE hit defensively & likely miss the playoffs for another 2 years until Nurse matures.

Can't see Edmonton doing it & i can't see the Jets veterans being at all pleased that we take such a step backwards defensively. They want to win now.

And isn't Morrissey as good as Nurse right now?

Grade D

3) Nikita Kucherov is awesome, but if Trouba goes another defenseman needs to comes back. All this does is necessitate another trade.

Grade this one another D

Last edited:

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
1) If Chevy wanted Jakob Chychrun he'd have drafted him. Instead he took Logan Stanley. Rieder & Declair add some value but we are already loaded with depth at wing. Essentially we lose a centreman & a 22 year old stud defenceman for 2 prospects & a 3rd year pro winger that compounds our existing waiver problems.

I'd grade this trade proposal an F

2) Much better. RNH will be an elite centre & Nurse could be the LHD we seek. It also gets Stuart off the books now.

RNH>>>Petan
Trouba>>Nurse

I'm assuming the 2nd rounder that he proposes the Jets give up makes up for Edmonton taking on Stuart & his salary.

Something to consider, but the Jets take a HUGE hit defensively & likely miss the playoffs for another 2 years until Nurse matures.

Can't see Edmonton doing it & i can't see the Jets veterans being at all pleased that we take such a step backwards defensively. They want to win now.

And isn't Morrissey as good as Nurse right now?

Grade D

3) Nikita Kucherov is awesome, but if Trouba goes another defenseman needs to comes back. All this does is necessitate another trade.

Grade this one another D

Chychrun was taken 2 places before Stanley and was a steal at 16. He makes 1 the best of these 3 proposals though still not good IMO.

RNH>>> Petan
Trouba>>>>>>>>> Nurse

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
There is a thread about a 3 way deal that sends Trouba away but nets us Werenski. I'd probably take that deal.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
There is a thread about a 3 way deal that sends Trouba away but nets us Werenski. I'd probably take that deal.

I think Werenski is going to be very good and soon. There is the risk factor of course. Its a risk I'd take. Cbj fans probably would not.

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
I think Werenski is going to be very good and soon. There is the risk factor of course. Its a risk I'd take. Cbj fans probably would not.

Yeah I think I take the risk as well. Having a young cost controlled LHD puck mover of Werenski's calibre would be a very good thing to have for this team.

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
Yeah I think I take the risk as well. Having a young cost controlled LHD puck mover of Werenski's calibre would be a very good thing to have for this team.
You can't get that deal done without a third team.

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
For me if there is any validity to Trouba trade rumours, it's start with a similar return player for player. The name that has almost assuredly been offered, Travis Hamonic, may not have same ceiling, but if you are looking for a defenseman that could replace him on the PK, that's a good tradeoff, the value being that he could play the rest of his career here. I wonder it were Strome and Little added to the deal if that's enough for Chevy. Otherwise I see Provorov and Schenn as a good return with an addition on our part.

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
Well that article gave me a good chuckle on trying day, the best part was Stuart and Burmi having value in trade!:laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad