Speculation: Winnipeg Jets Jacob Trouba Possible Trades

Whileee

May 29, 2010
To Colorado Trouba

To Anaheim Landeskog

To Winnipeg Lindholm

I think that if the value was seen as right Colorado and Anaheim would just trade directly. I would think that the Avs could use LHD Lindholm more than Trouba, considering that they have Tyson Barrie re-signed.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Avs were apparently quite interested in Trouba tho a little while back.

I think that was before they re-signed Tyson Barrie. Maybe they want a bit of size and aggressiveness, though. I'd be more inclined to then trade Trouba for a package that includes Landeskog and then the Jets could move either Landeskog or another top forward (e.g. Connor) for D.

But looking at Colorado's forward contingent I can't see them trading Landeskog. It would create a huge hole up front.

Dayofthedogs

Bettman's hammer
Feb 20, 2016
Winnipeg
Lawless mentioned the other day that Florida and Arizona were asking about him. Jets apparently weren't interested but I wonder what the offer would have been.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Lawless mentioned the other day that Florida and Arizona were asking about him. Jets apparently weren't interested but I wonder what the offer would have been.

Arizona likely has some interesting pieces, but I don't see much from Florida that is enticing...

FLA: Bjugstad and Matheson?
ARI: Chychrun and Duclair?

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
Arizona likely has some interesting pieces, but I don't see much from Florida that is enticing...

Of those two deals, I perfer the FLA deal personally

DRC

WestJet
Feb 23, 2015
Vancouver Island
It's just flat out tough to find anything that works for a Trouba trade atm. Good thing Chevy is methodical if push comes to shove

Eyeseeing

Fagheddaboudit
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2015
It's just flat out tough to find anything that works for a Trouba trade atm. Good thing Chevy is methodical if push comes to shove

Devils advocate
.... What if Chevy's methods have caused us to lose a great deal on Trouba already ??
We'll never know I'm just sayin

larmex99

Sponsor
Jul 4, 2013
Devils advocate
.... What if Chevy's methods have caused us to lose a great deal on Trouba already ??

So, you are imagining that Chevy would turn down a great deal? Or maybe you think that you could recognize a great deal when Chevy would not see it? Either way that outcome is extremely unlikely.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
Devils advocate

Paying him too much $$$ (more than he's worth) does not make him more tradeable IMO

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg

I wouldn't be disapointed if we traded him for a good package of futures. Lots of teams could put that together. I believe Morissey and Postma are both good enough to fill roster holes.

While this wouldn't be the ideal scenario, one positive to come from it would be our expansion protection ability. Could protect 7F 3D with Trouba traded, instead of 4F 4D.

Gabe Kupari

Jul 11, 2013
Winter is Coming
I don't see Florida being a fit or having Cap space even.

Arizona is interesting tho. I'd have to think Strome plus Stone plus 1st would probably do it. I don't think Chychrun even gets Chevy to listen

buggs

screenshot
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2012
somewhere flat
Sorely tempted to start a thread on the main board with a Trouba for Kucherov tag line.

Trouba doesn't want to sign in Winnipeg, wants lots of money.

Kucherov won't get what he wants/deserves in Tampa so is threatening to go to the KHL.

Dollar wise they aren't all that far apart based on (usupportable) speculation (ballpark $7x7 for each).

Not really any space in Winnipeg for Kucherov and I don't think Tampa can afford Trouba any more than they can afford Kucherov's supposed ask. Neither probably fits a specific need for either team but both are quality young players. So no real rationale for a deal makes for the perfect main board trade thread, no? :naughty:

csk

Nov 5, 2015
Winnipeg, MB
Sorely tempted to start a thread on the main board with a Trouba for Kucherov tag line.

Trouba doesn't want to sign in Winnipeg, wants lots of money.

Kucherov won't get what he wants/deserves in Tampa so is threatening to go to the KHL.

Dollar wise they aren't all that far apart based on (usupportable) speculation (ballpark $7x7 for each).

Not really any space in Winnipeg for Kucherov and I don't think Tampa can afford Trouba any more than they can afford Kucherov's supposed ask. Neither probably fits a specific need for either team but both are quality young players. So no real rationale for a deal makes for the perfect main board trade thread, no? :naughty:

This trade is absurd on so many levels. I love it

CaptainChef

Jan 5, 2014
Bedroom Jetsville

Fla: Can't see them giving up Bjugstad, but great if they did. Otherwise how about their two best D prospects (Matheson & McCoshen)?
Ari: Chychrun for sure; might prefer Dvorak over Duclair

Still prefer keeping Trouba' just some options if they can't talk sense here soon.

Last edited:

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Fla has among the most cap space currently -- over 9.2 mil

Florida's cap space is a bit of an illusion as it is only for this season. Next season Ekblad jumps from $925,000 to $7.5 M.

Huberdeau's and Smith's raises also kick in next season. If Jagr resigns they are maxed out.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
Jagr will also earn likely earn a $1.5M GP bonus added onto his $4M cap hit. Ekblad has potential $2.85M perf bonus.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad