OT: Winnipeg ICE 2021-2022 [ICE @ Brandon Fri Dec 17]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
I bought a pair of tickets to the game vs lethbridge on October 30th. Single seats are $27 plus fees so total came to $61. This is a little high imo for jr. hockey but I will go to a few games to support and because I love all levels of hockey and am excited to have a WHL team again.

Pretty much going rate league wide. You have to remember that in most cities in the league (outside of Edmonton, Vancouver, Calgary and Winnipeg) WHL is the only game in town. I know Calgary and Edmonton have pretty cheap tickets, less than $10, but they also average over 7000 people a game.

Cellee

Dec 20, 2014
Not interested in WHL hockey in general, but I love LOVE LOVE the Max Bell Centre/Wayne Fleming. Tons of great memories there.

When I'm back south for Xmas, I'll be catching a game there for sure!

When I was a young (low level :laugh: ) player, it always felt big time playing there.

Halfy

yes its Jack from MVP
Jul 23, 2013
Canada
ICE released overager Davis Murray. Not surprising at all. Guy was a fighter and theres no room for fighters on the team

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand
xP2AeWm.jpg

Regular season Ice. :3

I see Savoie, but not Geekie.

Edit: Period 1 done. Fun hockey. Very choppy play and chippy players. Started with a 5 minute major and a dogpile in the Ice corner.

Last edited:
Reactions: Guardian17

Guardian17

Strong & Free
Aug 29, 2010
Winnipeg
Ice win WHL opener

“We can compete with any team on paper that I’ve seen in our division,” Patrick said. “If we continue to get better there will be some really good results.”
Friday was as good a start as Patrick could have hoped for.

Guardian17

Strong & Free
Aug 29, 2010
Winnipeg
Ice break through with first victory

The Winnipeg Ice have drawn first blood in a new Manitoba rivalry in the Western Hockey League.
The visitors scored twice in the second period and added a dagger early in the final frame as they beat the Brandon Wheat Kings 3-2 in their home opener at Westoba Place on Friday in front of a crowd of 4,959.

ICE_WHEATIES_1900920Wkings01TS.jpg

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand
They didn't look terrible last night, but neither team looked strong. I didn't notice Savoie, and I don't think he factored in on any of the three goals they scored last night. All in all, he's a sixteen-year-old kid, so I'm not all that surprised.

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
They didn't look terrible last night, but neither team looked strong. I didn't notice Savoie, and I don't think he factored in on any of the three goals they scored last night. All in all, he's a sixteen-year-old kid, so I'm not all that surprised.

Hes actually 15 until January 1st.

Reactions: DuckyChuck

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
In the highlights, I find Teply gets himself in amazing position.

But with these crowds, I think it's necessary to have a few games at BMTSP.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad