OT: Winnipeg ICE 2021-2022 [ICE @ Brandon Fri Dec 17]

Status
Not open for further replies.

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
I am in town so I went to see the game, disappointed in the seating situation. The seats are like the benches you see in a high school gym. That's okay by me but the row where I was supposed to sit in was full, granted I came in about 10 mins late but there are no barriers between seats so people esp those who are bigger take up extra space. There were supposed to be 13 seats per row in my section and when I got there the row looked "full" but there were only 12 people sitting and since the game was already in progress I felt too awkward to ask people to scoot over and only sit in their designate space. Luckily there was lots of standing room at the back so I was able to stand and watch. I think I saw Mark Hillier scouting. Would have talked to him in the period break but got a call and had to leave. They need to install temporary barriers between seats before games as the people who are attending the games cannot be trusted to just use their seat and not sprawl all over the place.

Oilpeg

Jun 3, 2014
Winnipeg
I know people were joking about the music being too loud in there, but seriously it was WAY too loud!

The game was fun though, Junior hockey has a lot of mistakes, so it creates a lot of excitement. Savoie was great but not strong enough yet, Geekie looked slow. Lambos was really smooth. He jumped in and fought when his teammate got tagged from behind. Was cool to see the 16-year old not hesitate to do what needed to be done. His brother got into it late in the 3rd and Carson jumped in and tried to pull him out of the pile, that was pretty funny. My opinion of Temply is that he seemed okay. Took three penalties, all of the Perreault variety, but offensively he was noticeable, which is good. Back checked well enough.

Overall it was fun to watch. I came strait from the Rink after watching the RHA Bantams beat Notre Dame, was a good night of hockey.

Reactions: Guardian17

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
This video gives a look at the renovated Wayne Fleming Arena as well as the plans for the soon to be constructed new building.

Pet peeve: People that pronounce bison with an S. I am firmly in the Z camp. On a related note, people that say groSHeries are certainly doomed to a corner of Hell. :nod:

ShooTer44

Oct 6, 2012
I am in town so I went to see the game, disappointed in the seating situation. The seats are like the benches you see in a high school gym. That's okay by me but the row where I was supposed to sit in was full, granted I came in about 10 mins late but there are no barriers between seats so people esp those who are bigger take up extra space. There were supposed to be 13 seats per row in my section and when I got there the row looked "full" but there were only 12 people sitting and since the game was already in progress I felt too awkward to ask people to scoot over and only sit in their designate space. Luckily there was lots of standing room at the back so I was able to stand and watch. I think I saw Mark Hillier scouting. Would have talked to him in the period break but got a call and had to leave. They need to install temporary barriers between seats before games as the people who are attending the games cannot be trusted to just use their seat and not sprawl all over the place.
Obviously you don't get out much to other facilities. A lot, if not most sports facilities have bench seating. Enjoy a Bomber game sometime.

SimpleSimon

Nov 9, 2016
Winnipeg, MB
Pet peeve: People that pronounce bison with an S. I am firmly in the Z camp. On a related note, people that say groSHeries are certainly doomed to a corner of Hell. :nod:

The University of Manitoba athletics program is actually called the Bisons. Similar to Toronto Maple Leafs instead of Leaves. NDSU appropriately nicknames their teams the Bison. My pet peave is calling the city with the seat of government in a jurisdiction a”capitol city” instead of the correct way which is “capital city”

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
The University of Manitoba athletics program is actually called the Bisons. Similar to Toronto Maple Leafs instead of Leaves. NDSU appropriately nicknames their teams the Bison. My pet peave is calling the city with the seat of government in a jurisdiction a”capitol city” instead of the correct way which is “capital city”

I wasn't referring to the pluralization of bison. It's that S in the middle of the word. I'm a biZon guy, not a biSon guy, is all I'm saying. I'm not sure what UofM's position is on this, but NDSU vehemently agree with me. :nod:
Student research team studies pronunciation of Bison

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
Obviously you don't get out much to other facilities. A lot, if not most sports facilities have bench seating. Enjoy a Bomber game sometime.

I am not complaining about bench seating. I am complaining people who sprawl out and have no respect for where their seat ends and the next person's begins on the bench when folks are packed in.

Reactions: nobody imp0rtant

Andy6

Court Jetster
Jun 3, 2011
Toronto, Ontario

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg
Does anyone have a link to the online box office for the Ice? I want to pick up some single game tickets but the link on their official site doesn't work for me.

Edit: I bought tickets without a problem on a computer, didn't work on my phone.

Last edited:

Halfy

yes its Jack from MVP
Jul 23, 2013
Canada
Hiring Mitch Peacock and letting Brant Hilton go is a joke.

Edit: apparently Brant is just being replaced from the announcing job because he has a lot on his plate as communications director etc.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad