OT: Winnipeg ICE 2021-2022 [ICE @ Brandon Fri Dec 17]

Status
Not open for further replies.

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
The ICE traded Czech D Martin Bohm and a 2024 6th rounder to Seattle for fellow import F Alessandro Segafredo.

I was not really expecting the ICE to trade away defencemen considering how desperately they need more defensive depth. I'd be curious to know what the issue was... Bohm has been on the shelf for a month due to injury but I wonder if he just wasn't fitting in or measuring up? He didn't look terrible to me, he did the things you'd expect a defenceman to do, but something clearly wasn't right.
I don’t know anything about the player but that is a pretty sweet name.

jetsmooseice

Let Chevy Cook
Feb 20, 2020
I don’t know anything about the player but that is a pretty sweet name.

As a coffee lover, I certainly appreciate it :D

bordeaux-aquitaine-france-segafredo-zanetti-coffee-sign-logo-cafe-wall-170688698.jpg

Reactions: snowkiddin

jetsmooseice

Let Chevy Cook
Feb 20, 2020
Well, it looks like we know at least partially how the ICE intend to solve their defensive conundrum... they've just called up Jonas Woo from the Winnipeg Bruins AAA. Being the son of assistant coach Larry Woo they must have a pretty good read on his abilities. It will be interesting to see if he jumps into action this week.

It's still a very young back end, though. The ICE are in dire need of a big and experienced d-man to really stabilize things.

jetsmooseice

Let Chevy Cook
Feb 20, 2020
I'm looking forward to getting a look at Woo. I didn't watch last night's game, only caught some snippets on the radio and Munz/Kevin O were unsurprisingly glowing in their review of his play. I'll get a chance to see him in action on Saturday against the Wheaties.

At any rate it's nice to see the ICE get a W and maybe break out of this slump.

Reactions: Guardian17
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad